2010 February N-400 Tracker

Interview now scheduled!

DO: Seattle

02/01/10 N-400 Sent
02/03/10 Application received at Phoenix lockbox
02/03/10 Priority Date (changed from 02/08 on receipt of NOA)
02/16/10 NOA received
02/20/10 Fingerprinting notice received
03/11/10 Fingerprinting scheduled & completed
03/20/10 Yellow Letter received
03/22/10 Interview Letter received
04/22/10 Interview scheduled

How do you call FBI to get FP status ? This is what happened for me -

Called 304-625-5590, pressed 6 to talk to a rep.
Gave last & first name when asked.
No record found.
Was asked for order number, I told her I had none as the request is from USCIS.
Was told not to call them (FBI) and to call USCIS directly.

Did I use the wrong number or got the wrong department/person ?

You called the correct number we did FP on 03/22 and the rep was able to verify based on the A number and said it was processed and sent back.

Give it another try

is it a good idea to call FBI right after FP?

anotherhawkeye, glrao (and others i guess)

I fully understand how anxious we all are to see our N400 applications to move forward (hey, I'm as antsy as any of you and can't wait for the interview & oath :) ) but:
is it really a good idea to call the FBI within the same or next day to inquire if ones fingerprint report has indeed made it back to USCIS? I was a bit tempted to call the FBI but decided to not bother, I'd rather have them spend their resources on expedient processing.
And indeed, within 7 days I saw the daily LUD changes and "sent for standard interview" on my case status, the typical indicator that an interview letter is imminent.
Maybe USCIS should add the "Have received FBI report" to their case status reporting...

I dont know whats happening to my application. I applied on 2/6/10 to phoenix, az, application was received on 2/9/10, check was cashed on 2/18/10 and Status was changed to RFE on 3/4/10 but I have not received any yellow letter or FP notice yet. Infact I have not even received the initial NOA too. My postal address in the USCIS is correct. I called the customer service and they filed a complaint for me and gave me a ticket number and said that I would get a reply in 45 days. What if I miss my window of fingerprinting? Anyone with similar problems........any suggestions, should I get an infopass appointment and see whats going on with my application?

I dont know whats happening to my application. I applied on 2/6/10 to phoenix, az, application was received on 2/9/10, check was cashed on 2/18/10 and Status was changed to RFE on 3/4/10 but I have not received any yellow letter or FP notice yet. Infact I have not even received the initial NOA too. My postal address in the USCIS is correct. I called the customer service and they filed a complaint for me and gave me a ticket number and said that I would get a reply in 45 days. What if I miss my window of fingerprinting? Anyone with similar problems........any suggestions, should I get an infopass appointment and see whats going on with my application?

Hi Aravind, I don't have an answer to your question but out of curiosity, if you never received anything from USCIS, how did you register your case on USCIS website? how did you know that the status changed to RFE? did they give you your case number when you called them?

Hi Aravind, I don't have an answer to your question but out of curiosity, if you never received anything from USCIS, how did you register your case on USCIS website? how did you know that the status changed to RFE? did they give you your case number when you called them?

You can get Receipt#/information from USCIS by giving your A#. They might ask you few questions to verify your identity.

you are right IPL-fan, when i call USCIS they verified my identity and gave me my NBC number. Still no postal communication from the USCIS with more than 1.5 months since application. Dont know whats going on there. I called the USCIS and they filed a service request for me and gave me a ticket number (service request ID number) and said that I should hear from the USCIS within 45 days, but I am worried that I might miss my fingerprint appointment if I wait for 45 days. I dont know how long the window is for the fingerprinting.

Update:

DO - New York City

02/23/2010 N-400 mailed, TX
02/26/2010 Received Date
03/03/2010 Priority Date
03/23/2010 Finger printing notice received

Update and Needing Help With Documention Request

:eek:

Updated... Check Cashed
02/09/2010 Sent N-400 using usps to Dallas.
02/19/2010 Check cashed
03/18/2010 FP done
03/25/2010 Interview Document Check List???

I am totally confused. I got a yellow paper saying they wanted copies of our tax returns (hubby is a us citizen) .. no problem, my DL ... no problem. AND my ARREST RECORD????? and said I'd indicated I was arrested??? I haven't ever been arrested. I DID have two speeding tickets. BOTH were set to "improper equipment" by the court and I simply paid a fine at the window.

BUT I wasn't actually IN court because my husband's sister is married to the D.A. He took it, and had that done and I just paid the fine. WHAT do I need to provide I don't have the speeding tickets.... or anything regarding them.... I thought they didn't pay any attention to speeding tickets everone said. ARGH HELP!!!

:eek:

Updated... Check Cashed
02/09/2010 Sent N-400 using usps to Dallas.
02/19/2010 Check cashed
03/18/2010 FP done
03/25/2010 Interview Document Check List???

I am totally confused. I got a yellow paper saying they wanted copies of our tax returns (hubby is a us citizen) .. no problem, my DL ... no problem. AND my ARREST RECORD????? and said I'd indicated I was arrested??? I haven't ever been arrested. I DID have two speeding tickets. BOTH were set to "improper equipment" by the court and I simply paid a fine at the window.

BUT I wasn't actually IN court because my husband's sister is married to the D.A. He took it, and had that done and I just paid the fine. WHAT do I need to provide I don't have the speeding tickets.... or anything regarding them.... I thought they didn't pay any attention to speeding tickets everone said. ARGH HELP!!!

No worries, this shows clearly that you are not following this forum ...... (just kidding).

I am sure you would have checked 'yes' to the question 'Have you ever been arrested, cited etc....?' in N-400 (speeding tickets).

This is a standard verbage USCIS uses. If you indeed checked this 'yes', then get some proof to show that you paid all your speeding tickets. if possible get 'court disposition' documents for all your ticekts and take them with you to the interview....

Good luck.

Busted!

Ok GUILTY! I haven't been following.. I am now just back after having my check cashed :p I know tsk tsk.... :)

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a court deposition document? I mean I was never actually inside the courtroom. How about a certified copy of my criminal record? Would that work? I can ask for proof my fines have been paid while i'm at the clerk of court I suppose right? Good grief....

No worries, this shows clearly that you are not following this forum ...... (just kidding).

I am sure you would have checked 'yes' to the question 'Have you ever been arrested, cited etc....?' in N-400 (speeding tickets).

This is a standard verbage USCIS uses. If you indeed checked this 'yes', then get some proof to show that you paid all your speeding tickets. if possible get 'court disposition' documents for all your ticekts and take them with you to the interview....

Good luck.

quick question folks, it shows my priority date as 02/26 on my FP notice, why is it different from the one on my N400?