• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2010 DV Lottery NL is just arrived.

ewokra

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone.I have a few questions.before that i wanna explain my situation.

1) I have been in USA for 1.5 year.I still have valid VISA and PASSPORT.

2) When I apply for DV Lottery i put my adress in TURKEY as mailing adress(so my NL now is in TURKEY).I put my adress in USA as living adress.

3) I have army duty in TURKEY.I postponed it.But paper works will take a few months.

Now My questions are coming..

1) Do I have to go to TURKEY.Can My parents send my paper to me and i can do the paper works from USA.

2) I have been here for 1.5 years. Do I still need police records?( I don t have any record but still i don t wanna deal with papers.)

3) Which is better sending paper from USA or TURKEY.(If I send from USA and say I live USA then I have to do AOF thing which is not recomended.according to a TURKISH forum site.But I think I don t have to do AOF thing for now.Because I can not change my status now.This proccess can take 8 months.

4) Which papers Do I need to send back to KCC for now.( I didn't go to ARMY.I have been in USA for 1.5 year.)

5) And final question(I hope so). My case number is 2010EU00020XXX
Is it to high to expect for interview.Last year the cut-off for Europa i thing it was 29000 or something.

1) Do I have to go to TURKEY.Can My parents send my paper to me and i can do the paper works from USA.

Your parents can send the paperwork to you. You will need to go to Turkey if you are doing consular processing, but that won't be this year.

2) I have been here for 1.5 years. Do I still need police records?( I don t have any record but still i don t wanna deal with papers.)

You need police records from each country where you have lived for more than 6 months after turning 18. So you most likely need them for both USA and Turkey.

3) Which is better sending paper from USA or TURKEY.(If I send from USA and say I live USA then I have to do AOF thing which is not recomended.according to a TURKISH forum site.But I think I don t have to do AOF thing for now.Because I can not change my status now.This proccess can take 8 months.

It's faster and more secure if you physically send the papers from the USA. You are not obliged to do AOS just because you live here. You can still opt for CP.

Hi everyone.I have a few questions.before that i wanna explain my situation.

1) I have been in USA for 1.5 year.I still have valid VISA and PASSPORT.

2) When I apply for DV Lottery i put my adress in TURKEY as mailing adress(so my NL now is in TURKEY).I put my adress in USA as living adress.

3) I have army duty in TURKEY.I postponed it.But paper works will take a few months.

Now My questions are coming..

4) Which papers Do I need to send back to KCC for now.( I didn't go to ARMY.I have been in USA for 1.5 year.)

5) And final question(I hope so). My case number is 2010EU00020XXX
Is it to high to expect for interview.Last year the cut-off for Europa i thing it was 29000 or something.
Congratulations...
When did you get (your parents in Turkey) your NL???
Regards,

they got the NL on June 18th.
I got a few answers but there are still a few to go.

Do I have to send any army related paper to KCC now.(I have never been in the army).or they are going to be necessary if i got interview.i can ask this question for police records paper too. do i need to send them now or later with interview.

and what about my case number. is it too high to expect for an interview. my CN is 2010EU00020XXX .

and if i got the interview do i have to go to Turkey. can i do that in Usa or Canada or Brazil .

if you lived here for more than 6 months you need proof from the police department in your home town in the USA. Do you have a US drivers license?

It is very easy to get a notorized paper from the police department. You can get it by mail or by going there in person.

I think this may depend whether you are doing CP or AOS and also what country you are from. The details should be explained in the papers your parents received on your behalf.

For example, I am from New Zealand and doing CP and for me I needed police clearances for each country I lived in for more than 1 year since the age of 16. But I did not need them for New Zealand or the USA, the consulate does these checks themselves I just had to sign a special form giving them permission to approach the New Zealand police on my behalf.

i have driver license in USA. and I have been here for 1.5 years. and still what about my CN

Your CN looks ok to me if you are going to do CP. You can check out the archived visa bulletins to see when the number has become current in previous years (sorry, I'm not allowed to post links yet).

I'm not sure about AOS though, I know that it is quite different and some people on this forum have suggested not doing AOS unless you have a low CN.

I don t know how am i going to do CP or AOS. is there place to decide it in the papers which comes with NL. by the way i don t even know what they means

CP = Consular Processing (you are outside the US and will have your interview at a US consulate)

AOS = Adjustment of Status (you are already in the US and are applying to change from what ever sort of visa you currently have onto a diversity visa)

For me CP was the only option as I am outside of the US so I don't know how you go about deciding, sorry.

AOS should go fast if you are eligable...since you are already in the system. If you are in the USA for more than 6 months you have to get the police notorized paper since the documents clearly are stating it...I know the FBI can and probable will check but to bring the form might show extra good behavior:)

Nice to see you here MarcNZ....because of you I started to search for other forums...thanks:)

now i am confused MarcNZ says it will be faster if you go with CP but you are saying it will be faster if you go with AOS. i need to increase my chance to getting called for interview.

Mr Ewokra, first of all let us know what visa status you are currently holding while residing in USA?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest it WILL be slower if you go AOS, just that it MAY be slower. It is a topic that comes up quite a bit on this forum so I am aware of it, but because I am doing CP I haven't paid much attention to the specific details.

My basic understanding is that there is more variability with AOS depending what your current status is and where your application is processed. Other people here will be able to give you more specific information. I think it has something to do with the fact that some USCIS Service Centers have large backlogs whereas consulates don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it might be hard to get the right info on this subject. It might depend on how busy the USCIS is and what your visa is and how much proof you have of all the info you need ....so every person could be seen different. When you do CP it might be more the same for every CP applicant.

I am one of the winners of dvlottery 2010. I live in USA. I was supposed to be in Turkey after April 2009 , so I gave my Turkey address during the application. But things changed. We continued to live in USA. My family received my documents and they sent them to me. The mail is on the way at the moment. I have some questions...

1 ) I am with F2 at the moment and will be H4 in October 2009. I was planning to go to Turkey after October to get my H4 stamp. Can i still do that ? Will it cause any confussion on the system or in USCIS's records?

2 ) I wrote my Turkey address for mailing address , but I don't remember which address I wrote for living address during the application process. I think it was Turkey too. Can I write my USA address for living and mailing sections for the documents that I will send the KCC ? I mean is it a problem if you write a new address rather than the previous one?

3 ) If I write my USA address, must i apply for AOS ? Can i still do the consular processing?

4 ) Can we choose the consular processing option in the documents? ( didnt see the documents yet )

5 ) Which one is better ? AOS or Consular Processing ? My file number is 2X.XXX.

6 ) If I choose AOS , I think I shouldn't send the forms to KCC, is it correct? Should I directly go to USCIS in my area?

7 ) How can i get the information of USCIS 's AOS processing time in my area?

8 ) My daughter is US citizen. Will I give any information about her? I mean she will not be an applicant but will i still write information about her?

1. You can
2. Also no problem
3. No and Yes
4. There is no field to make a selection
5. With a 20K number I would not go for AOS
6. You habve to send DS-122 only back to KCC. See #4 there for more information
7. Dont know, guess no.
8. You dont need to fill a DS-230 for here.