2010 April N-400 Tracker

I kept checking the receipt number every day after receiving NOA, and it had been saying they cannot find the case number. And this afternoon, it came back with a hit!
On May 6, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
If you cannot find your case status online yet, keep trying...

still case not available online

Hi everyone,

How about updating the case status under this format, so it would be easier for others to track it down than just searching around for the signature.

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Click "Reply" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
3. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
4. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size [2]
5. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

=============================
N-400: April 2010 Applicants
=============================

======================================
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox
======================================
UserName..Sent....ChkCashd....NOA.....Fprints....IntLtr....Intview.....Oath....DO
........--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..City, State

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox
================================
UserName..Sent....ChkCashd....NOA.....Fprints....IntLtr....Intview.....Oath....DO
........--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..--/--/--..City, State

===========================================================================
USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 328, or 329 of the INA)
===========================================================================

Hi everyone,

How about updating the case status under this format, so it would be easier for others to track it down than just searching around for the signature.
Instead of using three different lines (one for each lockbox), incorporate the results into one line as has been used in past in other threads.

Received FP notice on last Satureday, tried for walk in today morning early FP, did not work. Mostly going to follow as per schedule for FP.

Received FP notice on last Satureday, tried for walk in today morning early FP, did not work. Mostly going to follow as per schedule for FP.

Did you try showing evidence of a conflict on your scheduled date (i.e. an airline reservation on the 25th of May)?

Use the NBC$ number at the bottom of your letter (not the one on top), but replace the "$" with "*"

I had the same issue with my case # and couldn't find it online but when I tried the one on the bottom after replacing the "$" with "*" it worked and its showing that they sent me an RFE as shown. Now I wonder if that really my case or someone else since I haven't receive anything if they send on the 29th of April which is almost a week ago. I wish they add the A # online so you can at least know its your case!!.. one more thing, when they send me the text message confirming acceptance of my application, they sent me the # on top not the bottom of the NOA !!!

On April 29, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use the NBC$ number, it is for payment only and NOT your receipt number. Keep trying NBC* number which is your receipt number, it will enter into their system eventually.

I had the same issue with my case # and couldn't find it online but when I tried the one on the bottom after replacing the "$" with "*" it worked and its showing that they sent me an RFE as shown. Now I wonder if that really my case or someone else since I haven't receive anything if they send on the 29th of April which is almost a week ago. I wish they add the A # online so you can at least know its your case!!.. one more thing, when they send me the text message confirming acceptance of my application, they sent me the # on top not the bottom of the NOA !!!

On April 29, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Did you try showing evidence of a conflict on your scheduled date (i.e. an airline reservation on the 25th of May)?

Me and my wife went there and asked if it was possible that we could do FP today and the old guy sitting there flat denied and said NO, not if you don't have appointment.

No FP notice yet. It has been more than a month since they received it. After cashing the check they have forgotten about my case as it seems.

Same here. My ND is almost 1 month and no case available online yet. I called the 1-800 number last week and the first person could not find the NBC number and transferred to another (angry) representative. She said my details were there in the database, but not transferred to the online/automated system yet. I asked her when was I likely to get the FP notice. She said it is only about 3 weeks so what was the hurry. Any suggestions on what I should do. Call the 1-800 number again ? Send an email ? What are the other options. What is the email address to use if I have to send an email.

04/01/2010: N-400 Sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox.
04/05/2010: N-400 Received.
04/11/2010: Receipt ND & PD is empty.
04/13/2010: Checks Cashed
04/20/2010: NOA Rec.
xx/xx/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
xx/xx/2010 : FP Scheduled
xx/xx/2010 : FP done
xx/xx/2010 : Case sent to local off.
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date

Same here. My ND is almost 1 month and no case available online yet. I called the 1-800 number last week and the first person could not find the NBC number and transferred to another (angry) representative. She said my details were there in the database, but not transferred to the online/automated system yet. I asked her when was I likely to get the FP notice. She said it is only about 3 weeks so what was the hurry. Any suggestions on what I should do. Call the 1-800 number again ? Send an email ? What are the other options. What is the email address to use if I have to send an email.

04/01/2010: N-400 Sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox.
04/05/2010: N-400 Received.
04/11/2010: Receipt ND & PD is empty.
04/13/2010: Checks Cashed
04/20/2010: NOA Rec.
xx/xx/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
xx/xx/2010 : FP Scheduled
xx/xx/2010 : FP done
xx/xx/2010 : Case sent to local off.
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date

I am seeing many in the forum who are like me, no case yet online. SO it seems to be OK and we have to wait.
I am also trying a couple of time a day but case in not online yet.

You do realize that you peeked at somebody elses account, don't you?
When you create account on uscis.gov you agree to the terms and conditions. Here is one of them:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/termsconditions.jsp?contextType=CU_EN

Unauthorized Use

Unauthorized access is a violation of U.S. Law and Department of Homeland Security policy, and may result in criminal or administrative penalties. Users shall not access other users' files or system files without proper authority. Absence of access controls is not authorization for access.

DHS information systems and related equipment are intended for communication, transmission, processing and storage of U.S. Government information. These systems and equipment are subject to monitoring, protecting against improper or unauthorized use or access, and verifying the presence or performance of applicable security features or procedures. Such security monitoring may result in the acquisition, recording and analysis of all data being communicated, transmitted, processed or stored in this system by a user. If security monitoring reveals evidence of possible criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to law enforcement personnel. Use of this system constitutes consent to such security monitoring.

I wonder whether you have to rethink your answer to one of the questions in N400 ( have you ever committed any crime or offense for which you were not arrested) :)

NOA Received.
Can FP done before scheduled date ?
Not without a FP letter. With letter, some DOs will let you do early fingerprinting, some don't. I'm still not convinced an early FP does help: I had to to go ~10 days late to my FP and still got my interview withing less than 90 days from the filing date. I more and more assume they run generally a queue roughly by priority date and only deviate from it if background check or A-file transfer gets delayed.
On the other hand, I can easily related to the anxiety and "can't wait", been there myself :)

BTW: jugding by my wife's case timeline, things seem to go a bit slower, similar to what others see on this thread

You do realize that you peeked at somebody elses account, don't you?
When you create account on uscis.gov you agree to the terms and conditions. Here is one of them:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/termsconditions.jsp?contextType=CU_EN

I wonder whether you have to rethink your answer to one of the questions in N400 ( have you ever committed any crime or offense for which you were not arrested) :)

Are you serious?
He was not sure what is the receipt#.

Does anyone know if Milwaukee allows early walk-in for fingerprint? Also can i set up infopass appointment to get it done? I have an important exam on that day, so I am wondering what my recourse is.

Does anyone know if Milwaukee allows early walk-in for fingerprint? Also can i set up infopass appointment to get it done? I have an important exam on that day, so I am wondering what my recourse is.

Should Milwaukee DO/ASC process early FP (I don't know), then there's usually no need for an infopass.
Note that if you cannot make the scheduled FP date, your FP letter has info on how to reschedule. In my case (where I was out of town on the scheduled date), the letter mentioned to come as walk-in every Wednesday at the original time slot. Going 10 days later did not slow down my processing.