2010 April N-400 Tracker

i checked the FP status with FBI customer service. FP was cleared on the same day i gave FP. I think the delay is with USCIS now.

I called USCIS customer service this noon. She said that Atlanta time frame is 7 months (she must have looked at the website).

My better half and my self would be going for our FP tomorrow. One more step in the process before one more volcanic ash or oil spill shows up.:rolleyes:

Recieve a txt msg now in my phone.. and my case sent to the office for interview..

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

Last edited by a moderator:
Sethu
I tried the website with different state selection. National goal is 7 months and specific state is 5 months for most of the states. so i doubt the website info.

Thanks for that link, Sethumadhavan. I've been looking around for recent (2010) reports of Atlanta N-400 experiences, without much success. I haven't seen any indication of the kind of speedy receipt of Interview Letter that people at other DOs seem to report. So I'm trying to be resigned to the likelihood that I won't see anything about my case from USCIS until maybe late July. As a white Canadian of British descent with a completely boring Anglo name and history (no encounters with police, haven't moved house or changed jobs since arriving in the US, no complications in my green card process, etc.) I'm confident that my case is extremely unlikely to be delayed by FBI checks, difficulty of assembling files, etc. So, if it does take a long time for me to get an Interview Date (I was fingerprinted on 5/27), I think other Atlanta applicants will be able to conclude that scheduling of interviews at Atlanta is just slow.

i think 2 months is reasonable. even if it is not we cant do anything -:), what is this YL anyway ? Do you have the link to list of required documents for interview ?

anxiouscdn2:

Right; Atlanta is slow. Nevertheless, it is unpredictable. Nothing can be taken granted with USCIS. Who knows you may be one of those who get it quickly. So suggest be prepared with documents and for interview questions

rawjuice:

I have the following documents ready in case if there is a need
1) Birth Certificate affidavits from Indian Embassy in Houston ( i don't have original Certificates)
2) Marriage certificate original
3) Selective service letter for my son and myself
4) letter from employer who processed GC on why I changed job (Ac21)
5) Original or certified copies of all traffic tickets receipts
6) My business as well as personal tax returns transcript for the past 5 years
7) Social security statements (Proof that i pay them since i own a business)
8) Green card
9) Drivers license
10) Passport + First page copy
11) Utility bill (Proof of residence)
12) Life Insurance (Not necessary, but still keep it)
13) Canceled Check (Not necessary, but still keep it)
14 Social security card (Not necessary, but still keep it)

anxiouscdn2:

FBI check is cleared on the same or next day for most applicants; Name check could take some time, but I doubt it is the stopper. When I called, they told me the results were sent back to USCIS the next day. Clearly the delay is with Atlanta scheduling system. They are probably over booked. Atlanta is among the cities with a very high volume of influx of immigrants.

YL stands for Yellow letter. The system automatically shoots out for some applicants indicating the documents that are required for interview.

Got the email today

I have done a walk-in FP on May 10th and got an email today that the case is transferred to local office (San Jose).

I have done a walk-in FP on May 10th and got an email today that the case is transferred to local office (San Jose).

so it took almost 22 days after FP.
did you see any online status date change in your case after the FP?

Today I got an email that the case is transferred to local office. Online Status updated.

04/14/2010 : N-400 Sent
04/16/2010 : N-400 Rec.
04/29/2010 : Checks Cashed
05/03/2010 : NOA Rec.
05/06/2010 : Online status -> RFE sent
05/10/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
05/26/2010 : FP Scheduled
05/26/2010 : FP done
06/04/2010 : Case sent to local off.xx/xx/2010 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date
xx/xx/2010 : USC Date
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Application
xx/xx/2010 : Passport Received

Sorry. 06/05/2010. I got an email 1.32 am.

04/14/2010 : N-400 Sent
04/16/2010 : N-400 Rec.
04/29/2010 : Checks Cashed
05/03/2010 : NOA Rec.
05/06/2010 : Online status -> RFE sent

05/10/2010 : Rec. FP letter;
05/26/2010 : FP Scheduled
05/26/2010 : FP done
06/05/2010 : Case sent to local off.
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/2010 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2010 : Oath Date