2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Yes

HK_HR said:
Thanks njrirlabor.

Question : I see that your 1st EAD is expiring in Sept-06. Have you got your EAD-2 ? Are you still waiting ? When did you do your FP2 ?

Can you stay in USA legally with an expired EAD ?

Thanks.

You can stay legally even though your EAD expired. You can stay legally as long as your I-485 pending or valid H1B.

EAD is just work permit.

485 Transfer

Hello Gurus,

The status message on my 485 changed today with the following message.

Current Status:

On September 12, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

My case was originally filed with VSC. My lawyer told me that this is normal and was expected due to bi-specialization.

Has anyone received a message like this ?

What is this interview thingy ?

LaborBadhi said:
You can stay legally even though your EAD expired. You can stay legally as long as your I-485 pending or valid H1B.

EAD is just work permit.

Thanks LaborBadhi & njrirlabor.

Q : Can I continue to work legally on a pending EAD application , if my EAD renewal doesn't come in time ?

LaborBadhi said:

EAD is just work permit.

Q : Can I continue to work legally if my EAD renewal is under process ? As njrirlabor informed , the renewed EAD starts from the day the old EAD expires. So I guess , I can work if my EAD renewal does not come in time.

LaborBadhi said:

EAD is just work permit.

I don't think so. When EAD expires we can not work. I know one of friend in boston left to London for 2 weeks and came back becoz his attorney did not renew the EAD in time. There is some procedure to continue working when EAD expires.
Even immigration.com has warning on the top, to apply for EAD renewal 100 days in advance. If we can keep working even after EAD expiry, then why should this web site keep a warning to keep renewal in time?

Pd

njrirlabor said:
Hi SVD:

What is your PD? It's gonna be rough ride for Indians...especially who filed for labor after the year 2002.

I think you applied for I 485 around the same time I did.

Regards

My PD is march 2002 and my RD for 485 is sept 27.

No

HK_HR said:

Q : Can I continue to work legally if my EAD renewal is under process ? As njrirlabor informed , the renewed EAD starts from the day the old EAD expires. So I guess , I can work if my EAD renewal does not come in time.

No. You cannot work if EAD expires and in process. You have to wait until it comes through even though it has start date.

That is the reason experts advice to send EAD renewal 3 months in-advance.

LaborBadhi said:
No. You cannot work if EAD expires and in process. You have to wait until it comes through even though it has start date.

That is the reason experts advice to send EAD renewal 3 months in-advance.

Thank Nirvan & LaborBadhi.

My EAD renewal has a receipt date of 9-Aug-2006.

My current EAD is expiring on 21-Oct-2006.

What should I do ? Any ideas ?

HK_HR said:
Thank Nirvan & LaborBadhi.

My EAD renewal has a receipt date of 9-Aug-2006.

My current EAD is expiring on 21-Oct-2006.

What should I do ? Any ideas ?

You have 38 more days left. I guess you will be all right.

expedited fax

Hey , our I140 has been pending for so long and have no idea what is going on with it. I heard there is some expedited fax number to which the employer can request status and they respond within a week. Can somebody give this fax number please
thanks
chicchu

wish

LaborBadhi said:
You guys are very close to approval now. All the Best. Sit tight for Oct/Nov'06.

Thanks laborbadhi. I hope you are right. I doubt it though as Indian cases with PD as feb 2002 and RD of April 2005 are still not approved. I think it will take a little bit of more time.

485 Transfer

Hello Gurus,

Current Status:

On September 12, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

My case was originally filed with VSC. My lawyer told me that this is normal and was expected due to bi-specialization.

What is this interview?

dono77in said:
Hello Gurus,

Current Status:

What is this interview?

Your atorney is right.
The intervies is for final adjudication of you 485. I hope you'll get it soon because your PD is withing the visa dates.

Hi dono,

I also got the exactly same message like you on July 13, 2006 and see below for my signature for details. I posted several times in this forum but seems like nobody has got such message so far. You might be the second one. You PM me if something is happening in your case. By the way do you know your NC is cleared or not.

LaborBadhi said:
Your atorney is right.
The intervies is for final adjudication of you 485. I hope you'll get it soon because your PD is withing the visa dates.

Hi Laborbadhi,

My PD is not current and I am on EB-2 NIW category and my EB-1 is pending at NSC. I also got the message when our I-485 file got transferred from VSC to NSC. When I got the actual transfer notice from VSC the wording says that the preliminary processing on my petition has been completed. I am not whether my petition is now for final adjudication or not. do you have any idea about this. See below my signature