2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

SVD said:
Can you ask your lawyer ? Can you also find out your status from USCIS ? Your case should have been approved by now.

I called USCIS and opened a status query today. they said i will get the status by mail in 30 days, Let us see ...

FYI this contact # is not in the service center page any more.
1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 6
Press 3
Press 3
Press 1 You will get a rep to talk, they request the USCIS to send the status
to you, you need your EAC # and A#(Alien number)

text

michvin said:
Change is above the dates. The text is different
Edit: As a matter of fact, i can see no processing dates there :)

1. From the text: USCIS should have completed all cases till may 30th.

2. In that case rrdrai should have been approved.
Since his case has not been approved, does it mean that they are not processing EB2 cases (from India)?

SVD said:
1. From the text: USCIS should have completed all cases till may 30th.

2. In that case rrdrai should have been approved.
Since his case has not been approved, does it mean that they are not processing EB2 cases (from India)?

I don't know how to interpret their updated notice. It sure does sound like VSC has completed all the I485 cases filed before 05/30/05. However, my case (receipt notice date: 05/13/05) has not been approved as of today, 08/30/06. The LUD is 08/04/05 for the finger print review having been received, there hasn't been any RFEs and the visa number for my case is current. I was getting excited and anxious at the same time as the processing date was getting close to mine. Now that it passed mine, it's just frustrating. I wonder how many others like mine are there. I'm only hoping that my case is really really close to be approved.
As for the EB2 cases from India, according to the visa bulletin, visa numbers for EB2 applicants from India are unavailable, which, I think, means that their I485 will not be approved.

Hi Guys,
I filed EB2 I 140 only with a substitution labor. PD date FEB 27th.USCIS processing date moved by 1 day on 25th of this month and again site updated on 28th with the same processing date Feb 23rd,basically from Aug 3rd to 28th it moved 1 day.Only once in march my case was updated and later no updates,luds or approval.
Anyone in the same boat? I FILED ONLY I 140 .
Thanks and God bless.

140 stuck

slkrk said:
Thanks, but based on what I read about I-140 premium processing requirements, only candidates can take advantage of this is the people that are filing new I140's.

They are not allowing people to ammend premium process to the I140's that are already pending.

Please correct me if I am worng..
slkrk,
I am in the same situation as yours. Mine is labor substitution too applied in sept05. We did not take any infopass appt, did not know we could do that. We kept on asking the lawyer about it, he said he sent a couple of status requests and did not get any response. Even if it is a namecheck, why should it take so long. I heard that we will not be able to do anything on the 140 through a senator, only Employer can do it. So, we were requesting the lawyer to have a senator's office contact on the case. We really don't know if he did it or not. We are completely in dark on what is going on with it. Please inform me of any updates on your case or any suggestions you have to improve our situation. Also, I saw that VSC dates went back from April to Feb for I140, am I right ? Is there a premium processing for I140 in EB2 category also, is it already implemented ?
Thanks
chicchu

LUD for address change?

We recently moved and I called USCIS customer service for address update last Tuesday.

Until today (Monday), I have not seen any LUD on my pending 485 application. Is this normal?

Thanks.

WhereIsMyGCUSA said:
We recently moved and I called USCIS customer service for address update last Tuesday.

Until today (Monday), I have not seen any LUD on my pending 485 application. Is this normal?

Thanks.
For me it took me 25 days to c LUD after calling USCIS for address cahnge.

LUD - anyone knows why it could be done

Hi,

My I-485 is pending due to retrogression. I had my 485 FP done last december and you can see my dates below.

My question is that this month for the first time since December 9th 2006 I saw an LUD on my I-485 application. There was an LUD of 08/09/2006. Anyone could advise as to what it might be?

The message says the same thing as before:

Current Status:

On December 9, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Any ideas?

floyd777 said:
Hi,

My I-485 is pending due to retrogression. I had my 485 FP done last december and you can see my dates below.

My question is that this month for the first time since December 9th 2006 I saw an LUD on my I-485 application. There was an LUD of 08/09/2006. Anyone could advise as to what it might be?

Current Status:

On December 9, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Any ideas?
Can you provide your Priority Date , EB category and Country ? Thx

Usually such a message appears within 2-3 weeks of fingerprinting. In your case it took them freakin 9 months! this VSc in unbelievable.....god only know,s what they are upto.

same here waiting..as visa numbers are not available. hoping to see if something changes in the october visa bulletin.

All the best

floyd777 said:
Hi,

Current Status:

Any ideas?

fingerprinting code

Gurus,

My wife and I received our 2nd fingerprinting notice recently, and we will go on Thursday. I was looking at the 2nd fingerprinting notice for us, and found something odd. The code on my notice is 1, but it is 2 on her notice. Is this normal? If not, what can I do to remedy the situation to avoid an extra trip? Thanks very much.

njrirlabor said:
Usually such a message appears within 2-3 weeks of fingerprinting. In your case it took them freakin 9 months! this VSc in unbelievable.....god only know,s what they are upto.

same here waiting..as visa numbers are not available. hoping to see if something changes in the october visa bulletin.

All the best

But I had the same fingerprinting message a couple of weeks after my finger printing last december. So it might not be the finger printing. The message is the same but there is an update in the LUD

Rfe

I got an RFE for advanced parole.
Related to my photograph. Will have to send the photos again.

opthb said:
Gurus,

My wife and I received our 2nd fingerprinting notice recently, and we will go on Thursday. I was looking at the 2nd fingerprinting notice for us, and found something odd. The code on my notice is 1, but it is 2 on her notice. Is this normal? If not, what can I do to remedy the situation to avoid an extra trip? Thanks very much.

Pardon my ignorance , but why do they need another finger printing ? Under what circumstance do u get second FP notice ?

HI HK_HR:

When you apply for EAD renewal, one usually gets a fp notice. Atleast this is what happened in my case as well as my wife's case.

Guys: BTW:

VSC processing june 9, 2005 processing dates now!!!! Bulletin came out last nite.

Regards

HK_HR said:
Pardon my ignorance , but why do they need another finger printing ? Under what circumstance do u get second FP notice ?

chicchu said:
slkrk,
I am in the same situation as yours. Mine is labor substitution too applied in sept05. We did not take any infopass appt, did not know we could do that. We kept on asking the lawyer about it, he said he sent a couple of status requests and did not get any response. Even if it is a namecheck, why should it take so long. I heard that we will not be able to do anything on the 140 through a senator, only Employer can do it. So, we were requesting the lawyer to have a senator's office contact on the case. We really don't know if he did it or not. We are completely in dark on what is going on with it. Please inform me of any updates on your case or any suggestions you have to improve our situation. Also, I saw that VSC dates went back from April to Feb for I140, am I right ? Is there a premium processing for I140 in EB2 category also, is it already implemented ?
Thanks
chicchu

Thanks for the reply and I will keep you posted if I see any new updates on my case...

I took infopass appointment couple of times so far to find out the status on my 140 and 485, but not much luck there...my attorney contacted VSC couple of times and sent a letter to them, so far I have not seen any lud's on my I140 case since April 28th 2005. Unfortunately, I can not expedite this using premium case as my case is already filed and this was done using sub-labor...Current VSC dates shows that there are processing MArch 2006.

Hope we will get the approvals soon..

njrirlabor said:
HI HK_HR:

When you apply for EAD renewal, one usually gets a fp notice. Atleast this is what happened in my case as well as my wife's case.

Guys: BTW:

VSC processing june 9, 2005 processing dates now!!!! Bulletin came out last nite.

Regards

Thanks njrirlabor.

Question : I see that your 1st EAD is expiring in Sept-06. Have you got your EAD-2 ? Are you still waiting ? When did you do your FP2 ?

Can you stay in USA legally with an expired EAD ?

Thanks.

Hi HK_HR:

I applied for my second EAD in May 2006 ( RD of May 1, 2006). It got approved sometime in late July. The good thing is that the new EAD starts after the old one expires. So it is always a good idea to apply for EAD much in advance. When did you apply for your EAD? It appears that your EAD is expiring in October 2006. It you applied by june or July 2006, you should have your approval in time. I am not too sure as to what the implications are if your EAD expires, before the new one is approved? But I am sure there are some experts in this forum, who can answer that.

All the best!

HK_HR said:
Thanks njrirlabor.

Question : I see that your 1st EAD is expiring in Sept-06. Have you got your EAD-2 ? Are you still waiting ? When did you do your FP2 ?

Can you stay in USA legally with an expired EAD ?

Thanks.