2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Labor substitution using a copy

slkrk said:
My I140 and 485 filed on April-22-05 and got my EAD and FP (code3) done on 05/13, but no updates after that for my I140 or I1485. My application filed using substitued labor and in EB3 category.

I have seen lot of people got approvals who filed their applications after me and I still yet to get my I140 approval. The VSC dates for EB3 I-140 are not moving, but I can not consider this as a benchmark, bcoz they approved the applications that were files in Nov/dec-05.

slkrk
Do you know if an original labor was substituted for you or a copy. Sometimes there is a delay in I140 approval because of the labor being a copy. Does anybody know how long VSC takes on a I140 aproval when there is no original and a copy labor cert is used ?

zangose Congratulations on your 485 approval

zangose said:
485 approved 01/09/06
:D :D :D :D

zangose,

Congratulations, these are new year blessings showed on you. Great.

Could you please post your PD and EB category, this will be of help to the rest of the form members.

Congratulations again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sub Labor :I-140 approved ; waiting for EAD and AP

Sub-labor; EB3;applied in Vermount Center
I/140/485/EAD/AP Applied 10/18/2005
1-140 Approved : 11/26/05
FP Done: 12/10/05

any idea howlong the EAD and AP approval takes from VSC ?

kp_movva said:
Sub-labor; EB3;applied in Vermount Center
I/140/485/EAD/AP Applied 10/18/2005
1-140 Approved : 11/26/05
FP Done: 12/10/05

any idea howlong the EAD and AP approval takes from VSC ?

kp_movva

Based on the fact you were able to apply for 485 in EB3 after Oct 1st, 2005 I am assuming your PD is really old... so chances are you'll get your 485 in the next few months...

However if you dont and need to use your EAD sooner.. the soonest you can use it (if you used AC21) will be 180 calendar days after 10/28/2005 (provided this is your ND for the 485 application)... your best bet would be to get your EAD card a week or so around that 180 day mark bcause these damn things are only valid for a year and you'd have to renew when they expire should your 485 not be approved by then...

However to answer your question mine took about 3 months which I believe is the average wait.

I-140 Rfe

Folks,

I have received an RFE on my I-140, infact 2 RFE's. The first one is pretty common - that is regarding ability to pay and my company is working on it to get the financial statements. The second one is regarding "how does Bachelors + 5 yrs qualify for EB2". Has anyone received this kind of query ?

Thanks

MainGC said:
Folks,

I have received an RFE on my I-140, infact 2 RFE's. The first one is pretty common - that is regarding ability to pay and my company is working on it to get the financial statements. The second one is regarding "how does Bachelors + 5 yrs qualify for EB2". Has anyone received this kind of query ?

Thanks

Your lawyer will know how to answer it however you may want to pass this on to the lawyers anyway.. here's the relevant section from the USCIS website..

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1323.html

Employment Second Preference (E2)

Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees, or Persons of Exceptional Ability in the Arts, Sciences, or Business receive 28.6 percent of the yearly worldwide limit, plus any unused Employment First Preference visas. All Second Preference applicants must have a labor certification approved by the DOL, or Schedule A designation, or establish that they qualify for one of the shortage occupations in the Labor Market Information Pilot Program (later). A job offer is required and the U.S. employer must file a petition on behalf of the applicant. Aliens may apply for exemption from the job offer and labor certification if the exemption would be in the national interest, in which case the alien may file the petition, Form I-140, along with evidence of the national interest. There are two subgroups within this category:

Professionals holding an advanced degree (beyond a baccalaureate degree), or a baccalaureate degree and at least five years progressive experience in the profession; and

Persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business. Exceptional ability means having a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered within the field.

Congratulations !!!

zangose said:
485 approved 01/09/06
:D :D :D :D

Congratulations zangose and kp_movva for your I485 and I140 approvals respectively!!!

Zangose: In addition to Spidey's request can you please also share if you are from retrogressed country?

Congratulations again folks ... VSC is churning some gears!!!

I applied from Maryland.... EB3...on february 10th, i-140 was approved last month.

thank you all and best of luck!!

Applied I-140 on or after 20th december 2005

Applied the I-140 on december 2005, still did not receive the reciept notice.
Did any one got the notice who applied on or after 20th december 2005

RFE on I131

Got an email saying additional documentation is required on I131 for self. Any idea what kind of RFEs are done on I131 ?

Cong~~ :)

You are not from China or India, right? It's really quick! What's your Priority Date? I mean the date of your LC. Thanks!

zangose said:
I applied from Maryland.... EB3...on february 10th, i-140 was approved last month.

thank you all and best of luck!!

MD2001 said:
Guys,

Feb visa bulletin is out:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2771.html

Both EB2 and EB3 advanced by 7 months but its really good news for EB2 folks as it advanced past of April 01 (it validates our assumption that most of the april 2001 cases fall under EB3).

EB2: 01-Aug-01
EB3: 01-Jan-00.

Thx
MD2001

Hey MD

Looks like you're up next for that coveted 485 approval. :D
Goodluck and we're waiting to hear your news. It'll give us an idea of how long after the dates progress you can expect something on that 485...

Spidey,

It will be interesting to see how VSC follows the PDs as my 140 is not approved yet.

After reading Mathew Oh site explanation that there is not much demand for visa numbers which USCIS anticipated (I think they expected BECs to approve cases very fast and will dump cases in bulk but in reality the BECs actually slowed down the traffic into 140/485).

I am sure the dates for EB2 will move fast as there are very few cases in 2001 and lets hope that the dates will move past your PD in couple of months.

MD2001

spidey said:
Hey MD

Looks like you're up next for that coveted 485 approval. :D
Goodluck and we're waiting to hear your news. It'll give us an idea of how long after the dates progress you can expect something on that 485...

MD2001 said:
Spidey,

It will be interesting to see how VSC follows the PDs as my 140 is not approved yet.

After reading Mathew Oh site explanation that there is not much demand for visa numbers which USCIS anticipated (I think they expected BECs to approve cases very fast and will dump cases in bulk but in reality the BECs actually slowed down the traffic into 140/485).

I am sure the dates for EB2 will move fast as there are very few cases in 2001 and lets hope that the dates will move past your PD in couple of months.

MD2001

There's another wrinkle in the equation.
Availability of visa #'s is one thing and each service centers processing speed is another.... as of now VSC is processing 485 applications that it recd in Dec 2004... That date has been slower in progress.

What that means is:
1. IFF your PD is before Aug 01, 2001
AND
2. IFF your 485 application made it to VSC before Dec 24 2004

Only IFF both of these conditions is true can you expect to recv anything on your 485....

Now of course you throw the intangible of LUCK in that mix and all bets are off.....