2005 Concurrent filers - Discuss here

ajoo

ajoo

I'm not sure if you are aware, but there is this tax consultant on the Vermont Service center forums with screen name of 'unitedNations' who seems to be a genius in ability to pay issues. Take a look at this thread, where tons of such RFEs have been discussed.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137088

Best of luck.

ajoo said:
My RFE is company's ability to pay.................. Also aske the copies 2001 to 2004 w2.

ajoo

receipt notice

Just confirmed with my attorney.

They have not received the receipt notice yet :(

Guys - please post once you recieve your receipt notice.

WhyThisDelay said:
Just confirmed with my attorney.

They have not received the receipt notice yet :(

Guys - please post once you recieve your receipt notice.

Hi WhyThisDelay,

Please verify if the checks have been encashed by the USCIS.

My lawyer received the I-140/I-485/EAD/AP, receipt notices from the USCIS, on Oct 10th. My papers were fedexed to the USCIS, Nebraska, on Sept, 26th. They have encashed all the checks. Now the long wait begins.

Higcoptimist

EB2
PERM AD Sept 14th
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP: RD Sept 27th
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP: ND Oct 3rd

I got an email from NSC today regarding my 140. They have issued an RFE notice yesterday. Hopefully the RFE is just a minor one. Will get to know when my lawyer gets the notice.

Update: EAD approved today

Hi guys,
I checked the status that the EAD for both my wife and me were approved today. I feel more and more positive that NSC is speeding up everything.

Looking at your post, maybe they approve my EAD/AP soon as well. But I recently got a RFE for 140 (2 days back). Maybe they wait for my lawyer to answer that RFE before even approving the EAD/AP, if its the same department. Any experiences out there?

xxliu said:
Hi guys,
I checked the status that the EAD for both my wife and me were approved today. I feel more and more positive that NSC is speeding up everything.

Rfe & Ead/ap

dcmetro22042 said:
Looking at your post, maybe they approve my EAD/AP soon as well. But I recently got a RFE for 140 (2 days back). Maybe they wait for my lawyer to answer that RFE before even approving the EAD/AP, if its the same department. Any experiences out there?

dcmetro, I asked the same question to my attorney and she said that "it should not impact because 140 and EAD/AP are handled at different tracks". I don't know how much is this true, lets seeeeeeee.

Ajoo

Thanks for answering that. I am getting quite anxious regarding what the RFE is all about. My lawyers website is not updated yet to show the receipt of the RFE. Maybe they update the website tomorrow.
I am quite sure you shall see some movement in your EAD/AP before me since your case was picked up before me. Do keep us posted.
Has your lawyer replied to your RFE? Good luck!

Receipt date of 10/17, on USCIS Web Is that going to be a problem

Hi All,

As mentioned before my attorney told me that my application for I140/I485 was sent to USCIS on Sept 28th. So far the attorney hasn't got any receipt date. But I noticed USCIS has withdrawn the checks for all the application on October 18th. On suggestion from other member of the forum, I got the LIN numbers of the all applications from back of the checks. (Luckily since my bank support Check imaging, I was able to see the check online in my bank account info).

As per the status on the USICS web, it shows a receipt date of Oct 17 2005 with LUB 10/19. Should I be worried that since receipt date is not before Oct 1st, My EAD and AP will not be processed until the date becomes current or is it safe to assume that USCIS might have taken more than 2 weeks to just open all the application received and since they have deposited that checks now, they should be processing soon?

Anyone in similar situation? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Update: Attorney received receipt notices for all apps from USCIS(10/25/05), with receipt date of 9/30. I believe this is smilar to many other postings I have seen on the web with online receipt date different than the physical letter receipt date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I140/I485/EAD/AP received notices arrived (EB2-NSC)

I got my I140 receipt notice as well as I485/EAD/AP (spouse & self) receipt notices from my lawyer today. The receipt date was 09/29/2005 and notice date of 10/12/2005.

kn12_2000

Hi Kn12_2000.

When did you send your application to NSC(mailing date)?
kn12_2000 said:
I got my I140 receipt notice as well as I485/EAD/AP (spouse & self) receipt notices from my lawyer today. The receipt date was 09/29/2005 and notice date of 10/12/2005.

kn12_2000

Dont worry.

Since USCIS has accepted your application, the only thing which will be really affected due to retrogression is issuing of final GC to you. All other processing should be done normally.

Your EAD and AP are not affected by this and you should get them in due course of time (as per the latest AILA bulletin, NSC was processing EADs/APs with Receive date of 9/2).

h1b2ndterm said:
Hi All,

As mentioned before my attorney told me that my application for I140/I485 was sent to USCIS on Sept 28th. So far the attorney hasn't got any receipt date. But I noticed USCIS has withdrawn the checks for all the application on October 18th. On suggestion from other member of the forum, I got the LIN numbers of the all applications from back of the checks. (Luckily since my bank support Check imaging, I was able to see the check online in my bank account info).

As per the status on the USICS web, it shows a receipt date of Oct 17 2005 with LUB 10/19. Should I be worried that since receipt date is not before Oct 1st, My EAD and AP will not be processed until the date becomes current or is it safe to assume that USCIS might have taken more than 2 weeks to just open all the application received and since they have deposited that checks now, they should be processing soon?

Anyone in similar situation? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

EAD/AP approved with I-140 (RFE)

ajoo said:
dcmetro, I asked the same question to my attorney and she said that "it should not impact because 140 and EAD/AP are handled at different tracks". I don't know how much is this true, lets seeeeeeee.

Ajoo

dcmetro I found this information on another forum. this guys EAD/AP is approved even there was an RFE related to 140.
=================================================
EB2/NSC Sept'05: (EAD/AP: Approved), (I140: RFE)

Here is the latest update
(EB2 - NSC)
I140/I485/EAD/AP sent on 09/12/05
RD: 09/13/05 for all
ND: 09/14/05 for all

ASC Appointment Notice for Code 3 (Biomatrics):
ND 10/06/05 Appointment on: 10/25/05

AP: Approved on 10/20/05 (LUD changed on 10/20, 10/21 - paper yet to be received)
EAD: Approved on 10/20/05 (LUD changed on 10/19, 10/20, 10/21 - paper yet to be received)

I-140: RFE 10/14 - Following are requested by USCIS: 1) employer's financial ability to pay 2) Proof to categorized my case as EB2 otherwise officer is going to categorized my case as EB3.

Sunil
================================

Ajoo

Last edited by a moderator:
Good research. I am waiting for you to receive the EAD/AP...that would mean..mine would follow suit as well. Getting nervous now..not knowing what the RFE is all about. Lawyer has not yet received the RFE. Silence is eating me!

dcmetro22042 said:
Good research. I am waiting for you to receive the EAD/AP...that would mean..mine would follow suit as well. Getting nervous now..not knowing what the RFE is all about. Lawyer has not yet received the RFE. Silence is eating me!

dcmetro22042
One thing make me worried that some people are getting their FP notice before their AP/EAD approval but we did not get any FP notice yet.

Do you have any idea why some people are getting FP notice and some are not?

ajoo

Yes, I believe they are from a different service center. VSC for example sends a FP/Biometrics notice along with 485 notice. NSC does not. Maybe other service centers do that as well. I am that much worried abt it. Right now, what worries me in my RFE on 140. One step at a time :)

dcmetro22042 said:
Yes, I believe they are from a different service center. VSC for example sends a FP/Biometrics notice along with 485 notice. NSC does not. Maybe other service centers do that as well. I am that much worried abt it. Right now, what worries me in my RFE on 140. One step at a time :)

I think dcmetro22042 is right. I received approvals for I-140 & EAD within a month since the concorrent applications sent to NSC, I haven't heard anyting for finger printings. I just talked to my lawyer and learned that my old priorty date was gone becuase of H1B extension. I will probably have to wait for 4-5 yrs to get 1-485 approved.

I guess there is nothing I can do at this moment, but keep being positive :) :)

Guys: This update is quite unfortunate for me it seems. Have not been able to talk to my laywer but my HR rep did. Now she has no idea what he told her..went over her head. I think what she gathered is that USCIS is telling my lawyer to convert the case from EB2 to EB3. Not sure why :(

Here is my Q. Will they expect us to re-file or do they just convert from EB2 to EB3? We barely made the dates to file concurrently. If they ask us to re-file, me and my wife shall not be able to get benefits of EAD/AP and that would be such an unfortunate thing. I shall talk to the lawyer on Thursday where he is going to explain things to me.

Until then I am worries...will I have to re-file and loose 485 benefits? Or does USCIS simply convert EB2 to EB3?

To add salt to the wounds, just got an email from USCIS that my EAD has been approved and cards shall be mailed out soon, when ready. If my EB2 is not converted to EB3 and 485 needs to be refiled..it would be quite unfortunate..having received cards which are useless! :(

Does anyone have any info on above?

dcmetro.

My gut feeling tells me that since your 485 application is considered pending, they will not revoke your EAD/AP. Think about all the people in EB3 category with PD of 2001-2002 - they filed 485 & got EAD. Now due to retrogression the dates for their category are at 1998 - it does not mean that their EADs got revoked. I have a friend in exactly similar situation.

Having said that - I'm myself not 100% sure on this. You may wanna post your question in this forum which has more traffic and some really knowledgeable people - http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1281763#post1281763

Of course - do ask your lawyer too.

Best of luck

dcmetro22042 said:
Guys: This update is quite unfortunate for me it seems. Have not been able to talk to my laywer but my HR rep did. Now she has no idea what he told her..went over her head. I think what she gathered is that USCIS is telling my lawyer to convert the case from EB2 to EB3. Not sure why :(

Here is my Q. Will they expect us to re-file or do they just convert from EB2 to EB3? We barely made the dates to file concurrently. If they ask us to re-file, me and my wife shall not be able to get benefits of EAD/AP and that would be such an unfortunate thing. I shall talk to the lawyer on Thursday where he is going to explain things to me.

Until then I am worries...will I have to re-file and loose 485 benefits? Or does USCIS simply convert EB2 to EB3?

To add salt to the wounds, just got an email from USCIS that my EAD has been approved and cards shall be mailed out soon, when ready. If my EB2 is not converted to EB3 and 485 needs to be refiled..it would be quite unfortunate..having received cards which are useless! :(

Does anyone have any info on above?