2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Please Help

Thank you Sarwan. What's the difference between Ac-21 and H1 transfer based on pending i-485. If i do H1 transfer based on i-485 what will happen to my green card process? Should i still apply for AC-21? I am confused.

sarwarmd said:
Why do not you try to use H1 transfer based on pending i-485..

H1

No, you do not have to worry about AC-21 in that case. You will stay in status on H1. There are lots of threads on this topic in this forum. Try to search. You will know whole lot of things..

bostondude27 said:
Thank you Sarwan. What's the difference between Ac-21 and H1 transfer based on pending i-485. If i do H1 transfer based on i-485 what will happen to my green card process? Should i still apply for AC-21? I am confused.

Thank you

Thanks again Sarwan. I guess there is still some hope.

sarwarmd said:
No, you do not have to worry about AC-21 in that case. You will stay in status on H1. There are lots of threads on this topic in this forum. Try to search. You will know whole lot of things..

Last update change after status enquiry?

ashhegde said:
After finger print update, I dont think there will be any more updates until they recieve the security check back from FBI. So the next I see an update I hope it would mean we are another step closer.

May be not too who knows what USCIS does at VSC. Hoepfully we will get there some day this year.

Hi

I raised a status enquiry a week ago and I saw that my case had today's date as the last updated date. Is this typically a result of having raised a status enquiry or should I presume that there is some actual processing happening on my case?

Thanks!
I have all my fingers crossed because I desperately need the 485 approval to come through in the next month or so..

Last edited by a moderator:
An approval from June10 2004(not mine!)

485 filed on june 10 2004, donno if its a EB2 or EB3

Receipt Number: EAC0418750330

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 28, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

ashhegde said:
Does anybody know what they mean by "visa Numbers are unavailable"???? They had visa numbers available till Jan 03 for EB2 in last months bulletin. What hapened now? Someone pressed a reset button or what?

This wait is killing me.

Visa bulletin says visa numbers not available for the fiscal year. next FY begins from OCT 06. I guess new quota may be available there after.

Good News

I applied my I 140 in Dec 2005 and did got a RFE on Ability to Pay, and was really nervous as my company was not doing good and were filling loss for couple of years now but are paying me the required wages.

The RFE came in the month of March 2006 and did replied to the RFE in JUne 2006 and was really nervious as you can see from my last post but thank god i got an email today stating that my I 140 is approved and thats a big thing for me.

I changed my employer recently and transffered my H1 B a week ago haven't got a transfer approval yet but will be getting an approval may be within a month.

Question i have is since i am an indian and filled in EB3 retrogession is killing everybody and can not file for I 485 can i change my employer and take my I 140 with me to the new employer.

Whats the procedure and if not what are the options i have now.

Please help me in getting this answers.

Best Regards

Saburi.

emergency AP in Philly

Has anyone got his/her AP at the regional USCIS office in Philly? I need to travel in October, and I am worried that applying to the VSC may be late.

Hello Friends

There will be no good news as far as Retrogession is conerned.

Retrogression Expected to Get Worse Before It Gets Better
As recently as December 2004, all employment-based (EB) categories for permanent residence were "current". That is, there were no backlogs.
That all started to change in January 2005 when the EB-3 category (professionals and skilled workers) backlogged three years. These backlogs are referred to as the "retrogression".

The retrogression has gradually gotten worse during the past 21 months. The October 2006 State Department Visa Bulletin reveals that the EB-3 category has now retrogressed almost 4 1/2 years. The backlogs are even greater for persons born in India and Mexico. Even the EB-2 category for advanced-degreed professionals has backlogged for persons born in India and China.

In the absence of congressional action, the retrogression will get worse, probably a lot worse, before it gets better. Why?
In May 2005, President Bush, recognizing the tremendous shortage of nurses and therapists, signed a bill which "recaptured" 50,000 immigrant visas for Schedule A professionals, primarily registered nurses, physical therapists and their family members. By the end of this month, all 50,000 visas will be used up. What will happen to RNs and PTs who are still in line for green cards and those who will apply for permanent residence in the future? They will be added to the EB-3 backlog which will result in increased waiting times, perhaps to five years or more.

The total number of persons who are permitted to obtain permanent residence each year in the employment-based categories is only 140,000. Adding another 30,000 - 50,000 to the current backlogs will certainly make the retrogression more severe.

Even more problematic are the 300,000+ applications for labor certification currently pending in the Labor Department's (DOL's) Backlog Elimination Centers. DOL has pledged to take action on each of these applications within the next 18 months. Even if only 200,000 of these applications are ultimately approved, if 50% of the applicants have a spouse and one child, the number of green cards needed to accommodate them would total 300,000. This is more than double the annual cap on EB green cards. Therefore, this has the potential to make the EB-2 and EB-3 numbers regress another two years.

Finally, present laws contain hard per-country caps. This means that countries like India and China which have populations of over one billion persons each have exactly the same quotas as Monaco and Mauritius, two tiny countries which supply the U.S. with virtually no immigrants. Given that most H-1B professionals are born in India and China, the per-country quotas will exaggerate the retrogression for persons born in these countries.

If high-skilled immigrants could only come to U.S. or remain in their own countries, our country could afford to continue this backward, "Let them eat Chicken McNuggets!" approach. But various European countries, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Persian Gulf countries are all competing for these talented individuals. Even Germany, the great bastion for engineers is seeing the number of German students studying engineering fall precipitously.

It is in our national interest to make our country the principal destination for computer professionals and scientists, for nurses, teachers and therapists, and for businessmen and physicians from all over the world.

The Senate immigration bill (S.2611) would have greatly expanded both the outdated employment and family-based immigration systems and eased the per-country limitations. Unfortunately, House Republicans, worried that they might lose their majority in the mid-term elections, refused to negotiate a compromise bill with the Senate.

Perhaps, in the "lame duck" session of Congress which will occur after the November elections, reason will prevail and Congress will pass amendments to fix our legal immigration system.

No Matter What ever you do this House Rep are not going to make anything come our way and trust me if we won't speak together they won't even bother to make any efforts.

So please do write to all the Senate and House Reps and please do Gandhigiri with them as according to Munna Bhai these House Reps are BIMAAR

Best Regards

Saburi

Hi All,

I have been a silent spectator of this forum so far.

I have some update now. I see a LUD change for my spouse 485 with yesterday date (06/28/06). What does it mean ?

Whenever we made inquiry it came back as "under name check" so far.

Thanks for any inputs.

LUD changes after 18 months

I got a LUD too on saturday 10/28/2006 but the message did not change, same old message, any idea whats going on ?

kkprasadh said:
Hi All,

I have been a silent spectator of this forum so far.

I have some update now. I see a LUD change for my spouse 485 with yesterday date (06/28/06). What does it mean ?

Whenever we made inquiry it came back as "under name check" so far.

Thanks for any inputs.

need_green_card said:
I got a LUD too on saturday 10/28/2006 but the message did not change, same old message, any idea whats going on ?

Same here my spouse's LUD changed too on 10/28/06, no message changes. Well that means something is happening and I am assuming it is for good. Better than the same old security check news.

485 Approved

Guys,
Our 485 got approved on 11/02/2006 and new cards were ordered.I am very much happy that this journey is finally ended.Incidentally my approval date was 800th day after I filed my 485.
Best of luck to all of you guys.

Thanks

CONGRATS

gcva said:
Guys,
Our 485 got approved on 11/02/2006 and new cards were ordered.I am very much happy that this journey is finally ended.Incidentally my approval date was 800th day after I filed my 485.
Best of luck to all of you guys.

Thanks