2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Last Updated date change

EricS said:
From some of the Europian countries, the flights to US land on US domestic terminals and so the immigration is done in Europe itself. I think the people doing those immigration checks are USCIS officers.

All my cases have been updated on 02/23/2006. I didnt any email though. Keeping my fingers crossed

Hi Everyone,

Its my time to give the good news. Both mine and my wife's 485s have been approved just now.

I have been a silent reader of these forums and learnt a lot from these.

EB2 India, PD: Mar 2001
140/485: Jun 17, 2004
140 AD: Feb 11, 2005
485 AD: Mar 2, 2006

Congratulations!

Congratulations! :eek:
Your case is perfect example of March Visa Bulletin and current PD dates.
Did you call VSC recently?

I am in a same boat. EB2 PD: Sep 2001 ND:Sep 2004 FP Done. 140 Approved. Last reply to my query was: Visa # not available.

Congrats

smarthi said:
Hi Everyone,

Its my time to give the good news. Both mine and my wife's 485s have been approved just now.

Hey Smarthi

Good to hear this good news well when you say india are you in india and was this your consular processing and if not than what state you filled your I 140 from.

please advise.

Best Regards

Saburi

Sudh said:

I am in a same boat. EB2 PD: Sep 2001 ND:Sep 2004 FP Done. 140 Approved. Last reply to my query was: Visa # not available.

I did call VSC and was told to wait for 30 - 60 days to hear back. This was about 3 weeks back.

what state in US

smarthi said:
I am in US. When I say India I meant that I am from India and effected by retrogression.
which state of US are you from also did you had any interview were you from 245 I or H1 B visa holder.

Best Regards

saburi said:
Do you have a H1 B visa or were you from 245 I lot of fillers

Please advice

Best Regards

Saburi

Ok,

My H1-B expired in Dec 2004 and have been working on EAD since then.
I applied for my 3rd EAD renewal last week.

I never had to file 245 and never had any RFEs.

cruise travel with AP

Experts:Eric and Jharkhandi

My GC is pending 485. My H1B visa just expired as of Feb 2006, but I have valid Advance Parole and an EAD for this year. I am planning to go on a cruise to Bahamas sometime soon. Just checking, if...

1) I should be fine to reneter US with my Indian passport and AP, though my H1B is expired on my passport?

2) Does Bahamas require a visa for someone like me if I am taking a cruise? I heard US immigration and customs will take posession of the passports before you take the cruise and return them on reentry. so you don't need a visa to Bahamas and is taken care by the cruise?

divsan said:

My GC is pending 485. My H1B visa just expired as of Feb 2006, but I have valid Advance Parole and an EAD for this year. I am planning to go on a cruise to Bahamas sometime soon. Just checking, if...

1) I should be fine to reneter US with my Indian passport and AP, though my H1B is expired on my passport?

2) Does Bahamas require a visa for someone like me if I am taking a cruise? I heard US immigration and customs will take posession of the passports before you take the cruise and return them on reentry. so you don't need a visa to Bahamas and is taken care by the cruise?
Generally there should be no problem as far your AP is valid. Your H1 is expired so that does not count. I do not know anything specific about this scenario as you mentioned. I suggest that you should try posting your question in AP forum.

divsan,
I recently went to INDIA and came back on AP successfully, and my situation is "My H1B Visa on my passport expired but i have Valid AP". And i am still working H1B with the same Employer.
I have my new H1 Approval also, but i not talk about that while re-entry to US.

================================

divsan said:

Sudh said:

My Dates are almost similar...

OhNoo said:
How one will know in Europe that AP is not valid? I hope US do not share data like this.

Advance Parole is not a valid travel document to come back to usa via Erope. It is not about USA govt, It is Ero's union rule. All Eropeon country just ask you , Do you have vaild VISA? If no they woun't let you on board to flight.
It happend to more people.

Some time even in india it self airline crews stops passenger with AP.
and ask them to get visa, they went to counsoulate with emergengy appointment and get a stamping on next day. There was one other family was stopped in Dubai and visited dubai counsolate and got stamped. better go by singapore, it is safer when you travel via Pasific ocean. :)

I travelled from Morocco last year (sept 2005) and entered the US on an AP , had no problems anywhere.
Infact my H-1 was expiring the next day and the immigration officer told me that I should use the AP to enter the country.

Also checked with my lawyer, She confirmed that travelling on AP is not a problem as long as it is current and you ahve it in your possesion (the original one).

Point to note in the above posts. The person in question did not have the original AP with them, Which means they had no legal authorization to travel to the US and thus were stopped and not allowed to board their flight.

The wording is very clear on the AP itself. It clearly states that the Original document must be presented to the immigration official so that the officer can grant entry.

The AP stamp in your passport clearly states that he processing of your Permanent residency application has been continued.

On the Bahama's question.
Commanwealth citizens (India is a part of the british commonwealth) donot need visa's to travel to the Bahama's.
I have never taken a cruise (not a cruise kind of a guy) but did visit Kingston Jamaica to watch a cricket match. Did not need a visa to visit Jamaica. they took my I-94 when I boarded the flight.
In Jamaica they stamped the entry stamp on my passport, on leavning they stamped the exit visa, when I arrived in Fort Lauderdale had to go thru US immigration, No problems there at all.

I travel outside the US roughly 4-5 times a year , and have never ever had any problems on re-entry.

Gcprocess2005 said:
All my cases have been updated on 02/23/2006. I didnt any email though. Keeping my fingers crossed

I belive you are talking about Canada.
There is no European Country from which flights to US come into a domestic terminal.

Again point to note is that the person in question did not have the original AP with them. Its like not having your original visa page, but a photo copy.
The reason the person in question was not allowed to board the flight was because they did not hold Original documents.

congratulations smarthi. enjoy ur freedom

smarthi said:
Hi Everyone,