2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

EricS said:
Congratulations on your 485 approval!

As A0001 has mentioned, most probably you will not need to go for stamping. What was your FP code, was it 3 for FP and Biometrics?

As far your wife's case, general trend is that dependent case get approved within couple of weeks (even days) to 3 months, but there have been cases where dependent case was delayed much more than that.

As for the DL, my wife also had a out of state DL and she did not have any problem while PP stamping, but it really depends on the officer who is stamping the PP.

A0001, EricS
Thanks for your answers.

EricS,
As you said, yes my FP code is 3, they took my finger prints, but they haven't took my picture. Do they take picture at the time of FP?

Thanks
smbasha

smbasha said:
A0001, EricS
Thanks for your answers.

EricS,
As you said, yes my FP code is 3, they took my finger prints, but they haven't took my picture. Do they take picture at the time of FP?

Thanks
smbasha
FP code 3 is:
Finger prints of both hands, and additionally
Finger print of Index finger (and may be thumb also, do not remember)
Digital photo
Digital signature

If they did not take your digital photo and signature, then either you will get another FP notice for Biometrics or you will need to go for PP stamping.

EricS said:
The approval of the case depends on PD, but not the processing. The local office may keep their case ready in all other respects so that it can be approved once PD is current. The FP/interview can happen, but untill the PD become current, there will be no stamping or GC. However lately I have read in the forum that some odd cases did get approved without PD being current. My guess about those cases is that may be they were not EB3, but EB2 and the applicant did not know.

RLNY122004, best of luck for the interview and keep your fingers crossed, may be you will get the PP stamping also!

Thanks EricS.

Gcprocess2005 said:
Everything is current in my case!!
PD is current - Apr 2000
i140 is past due - 12/2004
i 485 is past due - 12/2004

I'm not sure whats going to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Ask your lawyer/employer to enquire about your 140 from USCIS. This may jumpstart the process.
If that does not help or even in parallel, also contact your congressman and senator. Do not sit idle and hope for the things to happen. My guess is that your file got pushed under the heap (or whatever equivalent USCIS has) when your PD was not current. Now you need to do something to get it out and into the hands of adjucators.

You are great!

EricS said:
Ask your lawyer/employer to enquire about your 140 from USCIS. This may jumpstart the process.
If that does not help or even in parallel, also contact your congressman and senator. Do not sit idle and hope for the things to happen. My guess is that your file got pushed under the heap (or whatever equivalent USCIS has) when your PD was not current. Now you need to do something to get it out and into the hands of adjucators.

Hi Eric,
Thanks for your feedback. I did make an inquiry to the CIS on my i140. I got a response back from them saying that my application will be processed in the next two months. So, I'm hoping for the best!

EricS said:
FP code 3 is:
Finger prints of both hands, and additionally
Finger print of Index finger (and may be thumb also, do not remember)
Digital photo
Digital signature

If they did not take your digital photo and signature, then either you will get another FP notice for Biometrics or you will need to go for PP stamping.

Thank you EricS!
Got some relief now :)

-smbasha

Gurus,

Please advise me on what would be the best thing for me to do. I have seen some approvals with I-485 NDs, and PDs, later than mine.

Thanks in advance.

Meghraj

---------------
EB3 Subst Labor
PD: Mar, 1999
I-140 AD: 11/30/2004
I-485 ND:11/12/2004; AD: ????
FP (Code 3): 04/08/2005 (myself & wife)
I-485 LUDs: .... 04/22/2005 (myself & wife)

Meghraj said:
Gurus,

Please advise me on what would be the best thing for me to do. I have seen some approvals with I-485 NDs, and PDs, later than mine.

Thanks in advance.

Meghraj
I think you should call up USCIS and figure out whats going on with your case!

Meghraj said:
Gurus,

Thanks in advance.

Meghraj

---------------
EB3 Subst Labor

Meghraj,
Yes Gcprocess2005 is right.

Looks like your case details are more or less close to my case dates. Before I got approved my case, I called to USCIS on OCT 7th 2005, NOV 14th 2005, JAN 31st 2006, finally it got approved on FEB 23rd 2006.
So I would also suggest call to USCIS, and do not wait on the approval.

Here are the easy :) steps to call USCIS
1-800-375-5283
# 1
# 2
# 6
# 1
Enter the Receipt Number: EAC XX-XXX-XXXX
# 1
# 3
# 1

Self and Spouse
EAD/AP/485: RD 09/22/05, ND 09/28/04
EAD: AD: 10/22/04
AP: AD: 10/26/04
FP: Scheduled on 05/10/05, Completed on 05/10/05
485: LUD 05/12/05, 10/11/05, 12/25/05, 01/31/06, AD:02/23/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks Gcprocess2005, and smbasha.

I called USCIS today, and have opened up a Referral. The Customer Service person asked me to call back after 30 days, if I didn't hear from VSC.

I guess I will give it a few days, and if required (I hope it is not) call USCIS back as per the information smbasha has provided.

Thanks again.

Meghraj
---------------------
EB3 Subst Labor

Second EAD Approved

Hi All,

My second EAD got approved in less than two months.

GCBee

===== Message on the USCIS website ============
On February 27, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Late

I already dropped my plan to go India, inorder to avoid using the AP.

This happend recently(last week end) to my Colleague's friend. She went to Europe when her G.C was in process. Looks like she used AP, she went there for around three weeks. In between her G.C got denied because of some missing document. Which she is not aware. By the time she want to return back to US they stopped in the Europe itself, because her travel document is not valid. When she talked with the lawer he said he cannot help, until he know the exact cause of the denial. Once he recieve the letter from the USCIS he may file it back.
I thought this would be helpful to some, I want to share this.

GCBee.
july022004 said:
floyd777 is right. You can use AP for travel and still be on H1. I am on the 7th year extension but I have used AP three times for travel. I have verified this from more than one source.

Gcbee, your wife can take up a new job using her EAD. She will have to fill a I-9 form when switching and indicate she is using an EAD. That is the point when her H1B status becomes invalid.

But just using AP does not invalidate H1/H4 status.

Hi Eric,

I am new here. I want to you guys help with my case here

My status:

EB3 China

Labor Substitution: PD Mar24 2003
I-140 RD 29 Dec 2003
I-485 RD Jun 15 2004
FP 25 Mar 2005

my problem is my I-140 has no status change since june 2004 when I filed my I-485. I talked to my lawyer. He just told me to wait the priority date to be current. But I really want to My I-140 got approved.

My lawyer send a status inquery on Dec 2004. no respose from Vermont.

could you pls. let me know what I can do or my lawyer can do or should do to experdite my I-140?
And my I-140 should be approved even though my priority date is not current, right?

Pls. Eric, help me and give me some advice here.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

My-Greencard said:
Hi Eric,

My status:

EB3 China

Hello,
my situation is also like yours. I kept on pestering my lawyer to make an inquiry on my i140. Fortunately in my case, the PD is current.
I got a letter from CIS a month back saying my case will be processed in the
next two months. You should also try to get such a similar letter through your lawyer on your case. Hope this helps.
Ramesh.

gcbee said:
I already dropped my plan to go India, inorder to avoid using the AP.

This happend recently(last week end) to my Colleague's friend. She went to Europe when her G.C was in process. Looks like she used AP, she went there for around three weeks. In between her G.C got denied because of some missing document. Which she is not aware. By the time she want to return back to US they stopped in the Europe itself, because her travel document is not valid. When she talked with the lawer he said he cannot help, until he know the exact cause of the denial. Once he recieve the letter from the USCIS he may file it back.
I thought this would be helpful to some, I want to share this.

GCBee.
How one will know in Europe that AP is not valid? I hope US do not share data like this.

Correcting my previous post.

Just now I talked with my colleague. He told his friend forgot her travel document(A.P) it seems. He sent the travel document by express mail she is going to travel tomorrow here. I will update it how things went.

GCBee
OhNoo said:
How one will know in Europe that AP is not valid? I hope US do not share data like this.

My-Greencard said:
Hi Eric,

could you pls. let me know what I can do or my lawyer can do or should do to experdite my I-140?
As Gcprocess2005 has mentioned, your best bet is to keep bugging your lawyer to initiate a query. If it was 485, you could have done something yourself like opening a query by calling USCIS or contacting congressman. As 140 is employer's petition, either your company HR or Lawyer can open a query with USCIS.
And my I-140 should be approved even though my priority date is not current, right?
Yes, 140 approval does not depend on PD.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Hello Buddy

My-Greencard said:
Hi Eric,

My status:

EB3 China

Labor Substitution: PD Mar24 2003
I-140 RD 29 Dec 2003
I-485 RD Jun 15 2004
FP 25 Mar 2005

my problem is my I-140 has no status change since june 2004 when I filed my I-485. I talked to my lawyer. He just told me to wait the priority date to be current. But I really want to My I-140 got approved.

My lawyer send a status inquery on Dec 2004. no respose from Vermont.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

I made a call to USCIS and did spoke to them inregard to my case which is much better shape then your's so far but still asked them to see if i can request an expedied inquiry on the case the lady was really nice to talk with and gaved me a Fax number where my Employer or Attorney can fax the request i hope this will help you the Number is 802-527-4816.

Check with your lawyer before you do anything.

My intention is to help you find a way out of this mess...

Best Regards

OhNoo said:
From some of the Europian countries, the flights to US land on US domestic terminals and so the immigration is done in Europe itself. I think the people doing those immigration checks are USCIS officers.