2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

I have a question. In case I'll ever see an approval for my i485, I wonder if I would have to go for an interview. Do they always schedule an interview for LC approved applicants or just sometimes? What is the significance of an interview like this? Is there a way to fail it? Would the lawer need to come along? :confused:

oajanabi,

Her class of admission is H4.

I did send digital photos.But they were still processed in regular photo developing machine and NOT instant digital photo developing machine. I guess I do not know the exact difference, but when initially they printed out the photos in the instant digital printing machine, they were not good. So I insisted that they print them in other machine, which they were using for developing regular films also. Those came out pretty good. I got them at Ritz.

I did send my previous AP notice which I had used for trevelling. Everything else looks OK with your document list.

oajnabi said:
july022004
Thanks for the reply. Yes she entered last time by using H4. But now her H4 is expired. So you mean to say that still I should write H4 as Class of admission eventhough H4 is not valid now. Please confirm.

She does not have EAD so there is no question of sending that document. Please confirm other than EAD whether my list of documents are sufficient or not.

What about the Passport photo, did you use Digital pictures?

Thanks in advance.

oajnabi

If you do not qualify under any of the exemption criteria for the interview or if the officer needs to clarify something withthe file, then they call for the interview. Very few employment based applicants are called for interview.

Kartoshkin said:
I have a question. In case I'll ever see an approval for my i485, I wonder if I would have to go for an interview. Do they always schedule an interview for LC approved applicants or just sometimes? What is the significance of an interview like this? Is there a way to fail it? Would the lawer need to come along? :confused:

I-131

july022004 said:
oajanabi,

Her class of admission is H4.

I did send digital photos.But they were still processed in regular photo developing machine and NOT instant digital photo developing machine. I guess I do not know the exact difference, but when initially they printed out the photos in the instant digital printing machine, they were not good. So I insisted that they print them in other machine, which they were using for developing regular films also. Those came out pretty good. I got them at Ritz.

I did send my previous AP notice which I had used for trevelling. Everything else looks OK with your document list.

july022004

Thanks again for your reply. She never travelled on AP so I am planning to skip sending that copy.
Also what kind of difference you noticed while printing regular Digital Print vs the usual Printing machine.

Thanks,
oajnabi.

I would still send a copy of the AP. That way the officer knows there is a current approved AP, which should help (if any) getting the approval. I do not see any harm in sending the current AP even if it is not used.

The colors were not good. My white shirt was yellowish.. etc... Make sure the quality of the print good.

Good luck.

oajnabi said:
july022004

Thanks again for your reply. She never travelled on AP so I am planning to skip sending that copy.
Also what kind of difference you noticed while printing regular Digital Print vs the usual Printing machine.

Thanks,
oajnabi.

Any help appreciated

Guys,

Can you please help me here - S.1932 bill is almost dead and I have run out of patience. I am looking for opportunities back home and may find one soon...close to it.

I have EAD and AP until may'06. BUT, will I get GC if I go to India? I may find an indian employer who may or may not help me. Added to that, I cannot file AP from India, right?

Hope the gurus answer....throw me a lifeline, please.

Jolpot,

I am no expert. I guess experts have abondoned this thread.

You are right, you can not apply for AP for India. If you leave the country and do not come back before your AP expires, then it is considered as abandonment of your GC application.

If S 1932 does not include immigration provisions, then I believe they will be part of the of Comprehensive Immigration Reforms Bush is pushing. If the senators and congressman can put these reforms in a budget deficit reduction bill, then at least some of them are aware of the dire situation here. I do not think any of the worst case predictions (waiting for 4-5 years to move past April 2001 for EB3 India) will come true. Some sort of reform will happen now or next year. Keep faith.. Something good will happen.

Good luck..

jolpot said:
Guys,

Can you please help me here - S.1932 bill is almost dead and I have run out of patience. I am looking for opportunities back home and may find one soon...close to it.

I have EAD and AP until may'06. BUT, will I get GC if I go to India? I may find an indian employer who may or may not help me. Added to that, I cannot file AP from India, right?

july02,

OTOH, whats all this talk about EB3 dates moving past apr 2001, please fill me in...why 4-5 years, is it because of cases sitting in BECs?

jolpot said:
Guys,

jolpot - don't lose your heart. You can convert your 485 to CP - that is one way of continuing with your GC. However you cannot file AP while you are in India.

The other way is to wait and watch - by June 2006 date should hopefully move to 2001 second half - that is my gut feeling.

New NEWS

12/19/2005: House Passed S. 1932 Last Night

The unconfirmed sources (Budget Committee staff in D.C.) indicated over the phone that it included Section 2001!! Until it is confirmed, please do not assume that it is official. The Conference Report 109-362 which the House adopted last night will be released soon. However, until it is confirmed wrong, it is a good news for the time being.
----------------

Thanks,
Nivas
========================
Jharkhandi said:
jolpot - don't lose your heart. You can convert your 485 to CP - that is one way of continuing with your GC. However you cannot file AP while you are in India.

The other way is to wait and watch - by June 2006 date should hopefully move to 2001 second half - that is my gut feeling.

EAD renewal

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for EAD renewal for me and my wife. This is the first time I am applying on my own (first time lawer did it for me). And I am planning to send the following documents.

Filled Application(I-765), Old EAD copy, 2 photos, and fee $180 (in March 2005 we attended finger printing).

And I am planning to do the same for my wife also. And send it to Vermond center.

And I am not applying for the AP. Does it make any difference.

Did I miss anything here. Please let me know.

Thanks!

GcBee

Hi Gurus,
I filed my i140 in december 2004. I havent received any response so far from the USCIS. This is what my employer says when I request him to make an inquiry!
Does this make any sense?
Please let me know your feedback.
For, xx in order for us to call USCIS his I-140 case must be outside the processing time. His I-140 was filed 12/2004 and they indicated that it would take between 90 and 485 days to process. So, it is not outside the processing time.

Guru's,
I'm bit confused where to send my Advance Payroll renewal application, either to Chicago or vermont. I believemy I-485 is pending in vermont as I filed from NH, So where should I send my application. Please do confirm me.
Thanks in advance,
MKH

Gcprocess2005 said:
Hi Gurus,
I filed my i140 in december 2004. I havent received any response so far from the USCIS. This is what my employer says when I request him to make an inquiry!
Does this make any sense?
Please let me know your feedback.
For, xx in order for us to call USCIS his I-140 case must be outside the processing time. His I-140 was filed 12/2004 and they indicated that it would take between 90 and 485 days to process. So, it is not outside the processing time.
Dec 2004 filing of I-140 in vermont service center is outside of processing time. check the below link.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

mostly new year jan06 onwords we will see approvels here. let us hope the dates will move ahead

jd_mass said:
Further forward progress in EB numbers in Jan '06 Visa bulletin
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2757.html

EB1: India (July '03) & China (Jan '02)
EB2: India (Jan '01) & China (June '01)
EB3: India (June '99) & China (Apr '01)

Hopefully this trend of forward progress by a few months continues, maybe I am being too optimistic here :)

Cheers,

Dec 1st not moving

I noticed the Dec 1st on processing 485 hasn't moved in a couple of months. What is the reason? I thought it was to progress more quickly with the retrogression.

I read in one of UN's posting that there are about 300K to 400 K labors were filed before the "amnesty" deadline on April 30 2001. Many of these cases are counted towards EB3 quota. These cases include any professions with two years of experience. Many people think that the dates are going to move to April 2001 and stop there for a long time, unless some reform bill is passed. As we can see from the visa bulletin, this is already happening for EB3 other countries and Other worker category.

jolpot said:
july02,

OTOH, whats all this talk about EB3 dates moving past apr 2001, please fill me in...why 4-5 years, is it because of cases sitting in BECs?

Last edited by a moderator: