2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Vermont....
Merakyahoga said:
Guru's,
I'm bit confused where to send my Advance Payroll renewal application, either to Chicago or vermont. I believemy I-485 is pending in vermont as I filed from NH, So where should I send my application. Please do confirm me.
Thanks in advance,
MKH

You may send copy of your 485 receipts also...
Not applying for Ap with the EAD does not make any difference.

gcbee said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for EAD renewal for me and my wife. This is the first time I am applying on my own (first time lawer did it for me). And I am planning to send the following documents.

Filled Application(I-765), Old EAD copy, 2 photos, and fee $180 (in March 2005 we attended finger printing).

And I am planning to do the same for my wife also. And send it to Vermond center.

And I am not applying for the AP. Does it make any difference.

Did I miss anything here. Please let me know.

Thanks!

GcBee

Last edited by a moderator:
Only very few cases get called for the interviews. If they need to verify the documents, or some cases with AC-21. In other words, if you are employed with the company who applied for your labor and 140, then usually you are exempted from the interview,unless some documents need to be verified.

These interviews usually are straight forward, a few simple questions and some documents verifcation. I have not read anyone taking lawyer to these interviews.

Again, this is assuming your case is not complicated, e.g without being out of status.

Kartoshkin said:
I have a question. In case I'll ever see an approval for
my i485, I wonder if I would have to go for an interview. Do they always schedule an interview for LC approved applicants or just sometimes? What is the significance of an interview like this? Is there a way to fail it? Would the lawer need to come along? :confused:

Happy New Year

Though we talk mostly about the issues of G.C here.

I want to take a break for a moment. And wish you all a Happy and Bright New Year and also more G.C :) year .

Have Fun.

GCBee.

Is this thread active?

I am waiting for my I-485 approval. Is this thread active? If not, Can anyone tell me what may be the better thread for me that helps me to track?

Please see my signature

Happy New Year to you too gcbee.

Something is happening on the 485 area too. Atlast they moved after 3 months.

Fingers crossed :)

case transfered to Boston Local office

To keep everyone informed.....

Our cases got transfered to Boston Local Office on 10/18/2005. Also I have received my second EAD on 12/05/2005.

Thanks,

EB-2 & 3 numbers backlog progress by few months

gcbee said:
Looks like this time they haven't moved much. Due to holiday season :confused:

What do you mean?
For India, EB-2 numbers moved forward by 7 months to Aug'01 and EB-3 numbers moved forward by 7 months as well.

More importantly, India EB-2 numbers moved ahead of April'01. Many people were concerned that numbers would get stuck at April'01.

Good luck to all

Security Check completed

I called VSC customer service today and was told that the Security Check process for my case has been completed. I have been calling VSC every two months to ask

Now, the only thing standing in the way is the damn retrogression!!

Good luck to all!

jd_mass,

Can you please clarify the following:

1. Do everybody need to worry about this security, name checks taking longer time.
2. How do we know that the above checks are not completed in normal time (1 month?) and are pushed into detailed time consuming checks?
3. Do we get any notification from VSC saying that the application is delayed b'cas of security/name check.

and last what is the significance of 'FP Results Received and Processing resumed on your case'. Does it have any significance related to these checks.

why I am asking is, my PD is current now but don't have any idea about these checks.

appreciate your response...
MD2001

jd_mass said:
I called VSC customer service today and was told that the Security Check process for my case has been completed. I have been calling VSC every two months to ask

Good luck to all!

What is the phone number that you called?
Do they answer the current status? Is it good call them for status? :)
thanks in advance
-gcpathi

jd_mass said:

Good luck to all!

VSC Phone numbers.

Yes, you can call VSC to ask for the status of your case, change of address, etc. But I believe you cannot call often, I had called VSC once every 60 days or so..

The VSC customer service numbers are:

USCIS status check: 1-800 375 – 5283;
Choose options : 1, 2, 6, 1, EAC#, 1, 3, 4, Cust Suppt. Person

Good luck!

GCpathi said:
What is the phone number that you called?
Do they answer the current status? Is it good call them for status? :)
thanks in advance
-gcpathi

Security Check questions

Hi MD2001,

1. Yes, every case goes through Security Check. Although I am not sure, I believe Security Check process for I-485 application begins around the time of application. Most cases are completed in a few days, some take over 60 days and a few cases takes up to 2-yrs or more. I was one of the unluck ones!

2. You can call VSC customer service to enquire if Security Check has been completed for your case. They typically just answer YES or NO but do not give any further details.

3. In this forum, I have seen posts from a few applicants that they had received notice from VSC that their case is stuck for Security Check. I had not received such a notice.

Hopefully, your case does not get stuck in Security Check process, it is pretty painful since you can't do much about it and you do not have many details.

Good luck!

MD2001 said:
jd_mass,

Can you please clarify the following:

1. Do everybody need to worry about this security, name checks taking longer time.
2. How do we know that the above checks are not completed in normal time (1 month?) and are pushed into detailed time consuming checks?
3. Do we get any notification from VSC saying that the application is delayed b'cas of security/name check.

and last what is the significance of 'FP Results Received and Processing resumed on your case'. Does it have any significance related to these checks.

why I am asking is, my PD is current now but don't have any idea about these checks.

appreciate your response...
MD2001

485 (Lab Sub) Status?

Hey Smarthi,
Did you receive your 485 approval?
As per your case 485 RD: 06/17/2004 and PD: March 2001, both are current.

Let me know if you have atleast raised query?

Mine is Lab Sub with 485 RD:09/10/2004 and PD: Sep 2001 (I may need to wait 2 more months)

Good Luck,
Sudh

Any recent EAD, AP renewals?

From past 45 days, as per INS bulletin, EAD and AP date are not moved from OCT 1st onwards.

Are people getting thier EAD and AP renewal approvals?

kskrajendra said:
From past 45 days, as per INS bulletin, EAD and AP date are not moved from OCT 1st onwards.

Are people getting thier EAD and AP renewal approvals?

Yep this is going on fine. I had applied for renewal of both appl for my wife on Nov 22 05 and both were approved in 15 days. No issues , no FP's no RFE's etc that was really surprising as I heard everyone has to do FP for a renewed EAD. Anyway no complains.