2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Recvd Card Today!!!!

Thanks for all the Gurus and All the people who kept this forum alive.
All The Very Best!!!!!

2004 Tracker Update

New Updates:
Sr13, 485 Approval - 06/24/2005
gc12301975, 140 Approval - 10/10/2004
ravikm, 140 Approval - 1/5/2005
sisukapalli, 140 Approval - 6/3/2005
rj123, Added new record EB2 (SUB) 6/15/2004 (missing 140 Approval Date)
waitjuly2001, 485 Approval - 06/26/2005
palmighty, 485 Approval - 06/27/2005
WGL_GC, 485 Approval - 06/27/2005
call7593, 485 Approval - 06/27/2005
singhnsingh, 485 Approval - 06/30/2005
file040505, moved from EB2 to EB3
ascii_boston, 485 Approval - 07/01/2005
vinodtv, 485 Approval - 07/01/2005
GCMental, 485 Approval - 07/01/2005
sunil_sv, 485 Approval - 07/01/2005
Holbytla, 485 Approval - 07/01/2005
GreenCardDone, 485 Approval - 06/30/2005

Require help

I raised inquiry with BCIS and got reply stating that application is on hold awaiting VISA availability. My 140 receipt states that I applied 203(b)(2) with Advance degree or exception ability. Am I in Eb2 or Eb3?
rrml

GC Approved, Card Ordered - Pending for Spouse

Hi All,
Received the magic email last night (saw this morning only).
Thanks and good luck to all.

Is it common to have gap between approval for self and spouse?
-DD

Last edited by a moderator:
You are EB2

rrml said:
I raised inquiry with BCIS and got reply stating that application is on hold awaiting VISA availability. My 140 receipt states that I applied 203(b)(2) with Advance degree or exception ability. Am I in Eb2 or Eb3?
rrml

Received Card Yesterday!!!

Hi All,
Received Card for spouse and myself.

Thanks again to all the great people in this forum. Definitely a Great place.

Wish You All A Very Good Luck.

Regards,
pAlmighty

Question about card mailing after being ordered

Dear all,

My I-485 approval e-mail (sent July 1) said:

"On June 30, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Yesterday I got the approval notice (I-797) in the snail mail, which said:
"The above application has been approved. The immigration card facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days".

120 DAYS!!! Does everybody's approval notice say something like this? From other postings in this forum, I was under the impression that once the card had been ordered, it was mailed within a few days (a week or even less). I haven't received a "card mailed" e-mail yet. Please let me know of your experiences. I hate to think that I would have to wait 4 more months to get the card.
Thanks for your feedback. My details are below:

EB1-OR I-140/485 concurrently filed RD: 4/29/04, ND: 5/28/04
I-140 AD: 1/5/05
FP code 3: 4/7/05
I-485 LUD: 4/8/05, no msg change, no LUD's after that.
I-485 AD, card ordered: 6/30/05

That is a standard Email.

Hi,
That is a standard Email message every body gets. But I got it in 5 days. You also should be getting your card in the mail before end of this week. If not early next week.

Regards,
pAlmighty

Holbytla said:
Dear all,

"On June 30, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Yesterday I got the approval notice (I-797) in the snail mail, which said:
"The above application has been approved. The immigration card facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days".

120 DAYS!!! Does everybody's approval notice say something like this? From other postings in this forum, I was under the impression that once the card had been ordered, it was mailed within a few days (a week or even less). I haven't received a "card mailed" e-mail yet. Please let me know of your experiences. I hate to think that I would have to wait 4 more months to get the card.
Thanks for your feedback. My details are below:

dancingdesert said:
Hi All,
Received the magic email last night (saw this morning only).
Thanks and good luck to all.

Is it common to have gap between approval for self and spouse?
-DD
I have been waiting for my spouse's approval since April. Called VSC twice, and were told that the case is awaiting security cheks. Pls keep us posted about your spouse's case.

Anya4ever said:
I have been waiting for my spouse's approval since April. Called VSC twice, and were told that the case is awaiting security cheks. Pls keep us posted about your spouse's case.

Anya, dancingdesert - I think it seems to be common to have a gap between the primary and spouse's approval especially when the spouse's I-485 ND and/or FP dates are different (like in my spouse's case). I think pushing USCIS helps. I am planning to call USCIS and raise an inquiry. Also, writing to them with all the details of the main petition approval and timelines (especially if your ND is before the current processing dates) may help.

Let's keep each other posted...

Sudh said:
New Updates:
Sr13, 485 Approval - 06/24/2005
gc12301975, 140 Approval - 10/10/2004

Thanks very much for updating tracker. I know how difficult it is to scan thru all messages.

Holbytla said:
Dear all,

Congrats!
Did you ever call VSC to find why your app is delayed? What did they say?

hi patnams,
i think (hope) there is no delay. as palmighty said on this forum, it is just a standard message on the approval notice that the gc will arrive in approx 120 days. i think people are getting it just a few days after approval. my lawyer also said the same thing today. so i'm hoping i will have it by early next week.
regards

patnams said:
Congrats!
Did you ever call VSC to find why your app is delayed? What did they say?

Holbytla said:
hi patnams,
i think (hope) there is no delay. as palmighty said on this forum, it is just a standard message on the approval notice that the gc will arrive in approx 120 days. i think people are getting it just a few days after approval. my lawyer also said the same thing today. so i'm hoping i will have it by early next week.
regards

I was refering to the approval. Why was your 485 approval so delayed? Your finger prints were complete in April and your category was EB1. I'm just curious.

ascii_boston said:
Anya, dancingdesert - I think it seems to be common to have a gap between the primary and spouse's approval especially when the spouse's I-485 ND and/or FP dates are different (like in my spouse's case). I think pushing USCIS helps. I am planning to call USCIS and raise an inquiry. Also, writing to them with all the details of the main petition approval and timelines (especially if your ND is before the current processing dates) may help.

count me in too. Spouse and primary both completed FP on same day. also both applications have same ND. Primary was approved on June 30th. Spouse approval still pending. Last LUD on spouse's 485 application 4/20/05 - FP recieved message.
Planning to call USCIS this week.
keep me posted too.
no_idEAS

no_id said:
count me in too. Spouse and primary both completed FP on same day. also both applications have same ND. Primary was approved on June 30th. Spouse approval still pending. Last LUD on spouse's 485 application 4/20/05 - FP recieved message.
Planning to call USCIS this week.
keep me posted too.
no_idEAS

Similar case. Same ND for both as well as FP done on the same day. Updates on I485 ran parallel till we got the FP received and case resumed message on 4/13/05. I was approved a week later but no change in LUD for spouse since then. Lawyer says we have to wait till the VSC processing dates pass ours (Nov 04) before raising a query. VSC rep said that they are awaiting security cheks, and we have to wait for 3 more months (Aug end) before calling again... Keeps getting more frustrating by the day....

I have no idea. Just dumb luck, I guess. I called VSC twice in the last few weeks. Both times, I was assured that the case would be processed within 30 days (as it turned out to be). The first time I called, the lady told me that my name check had gone through with no hassles, and everything seemed to be on track. The sceond time I called (one week before approval), a different lady refused to comment on my FBI name check status, but said quite emphatically that I would get a decision within 30 days. She categorically refused to start an inquiry on my behalf, even though I requested it, saying that there was no need. This suggests to me that the case must have been internally approved a while back, but they just hadn't pushed it out. Maybe they were trying to clear the backlog in EB3's by the end of June before dealing with EB1 and 2 cases.

patnams said:
I was refering to the approval. Why was your 485 approval so delayed? Your finger prints were complete in April and your category was EB1. I'm just curious.

Case Administrativily closed

Gurus,
Please help me.
Just now i found that my I 485 has been Adiministrativily closed by USCIS.
Don't know the reason.
I did not get any letters from USCIS yet.
USCIS rep told me that she don't have any furthur info os Administrativily closure.
She told me that she can give more details tomorrow.
Does any body have idea why USCIS will close a case like this?
Thanks in advance.

Congratulations to all the recently approved!

Lots of activity before the long weekend, but seems to have gone into a slump this week.

MyGc2005, it is probably because there is no visa availability for EB3s ? Maybe you can ask your lawyer, he might have an explanation.

ascii_boston said:

Guys.... please help. I am trying to find out if my approval delay due to my working experience in a gulf country and also because of my popular last name, no middle name in official record etc. Did anybody here got recent approvals who had their case stuck in name check recently (per USCIS) and now approved ?. Also if your name falls in to a common name category with no middle name in official record and if you had worked in any gulf countries etc ?.. I am getting frustrated with this whole name check delay crap...... it is ridiculous that this name check delay is killing us.....!!! Please reply.....