2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

patnams said:
I am happy to post the 10000th post.

This the probably the most useful thread on any immigration forum on any immigration related web site.

As John Kerry used to say during his election campaign, People should "earn" their Immigration Benifits. By staying long enough, by staying as good tax paying citizens, one sould be automitically eligible for permanent residency. Getting green cards should not be based on how good your lawyer is or which state you are from or how rich is your company is or how good is your timing or which service center you belong or how good is your luck.

Good Luck everyone and hope the USCIS and the Law-makers wake up to the true needs of immigrant community.

Until then, lets hang around these forums.

Hi Patnams,

If John Kerry promised such benefits I would pray(thats all I can do) for him to be the next president. Because I'm a victim of a horrible lawyer. I worked for a company that is financially sound(900 mil revenue...) and I was a very good employee of them. Everything was per the books but this jerky lawyer screwed my case. Also I think my luck does not play any role at all when it comes to my GC. Did you know any lawyer who I can contact to sue this jerk. Because of him me and my family are going thru a lot of nightmares. BTW it was very good 10000 th post.

Good luck.

Live_in_USA said:
I want to be one of the first to congratulate my brother who I have shared many an emails with back and forth. I am so happy for you brother.

Wish you and your family success and happiness from this point forward in the glorious US of A!

Thanks Live_in_USA, and RRML.

RRML what's going with your case. I expected you approval
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1136536&postcount=8305
and many of them got it.

Wishing all of you approvals soon.

sharing good news

I got 40 emails last night, my 140 and 485 for me, spouse, child are all approved at the same time. 10 emails for each case. I was so excited and simply could not sleep at all.

For the last couple of months I get a lot support from this great forum. It is painful waiting for GC. Keep positive. There is little you can do about it. Good luck to every one.

PLEASE_GIVE_GC said:
Hi Patnams,

If John Kerry promised such benefits I would pray(thats all I can do) for him to be the next president. Because I'm a victim of a horrible lawyer. I worked for a company that is financially sound(900 mil revenue...) and I was a very good employee of them. Everything was per the books but this jerky lawyer screwed my case. Also I think my luck does not play any role at all when it comes to my GC. Did you know any lawyer who I can contact to sue this jerk. Because of him me and my family are going thru a lot of nightmares. BTW it was very good 10000 th post.

Good luck.

You are almost near the end of your journey. Take it easy. Most people are victims of lawyers atleast to some minimum extent.

My lawyer was sitting my H1 transfer for 6 weeks. Even though I sent correct information when filing 485, they made mistakes and sent the forms back to me to sign then. I lost time because of this.

For my spose, it is worse, the company's lawyer was sitting on the application for 3 months for H1 transfer. She even lied about filing for extention. Irony, she was an immigrant from some Arab country. It is a 3 billion $ revenue company.

I am still much better off, I have heard worst cases. Most common, lawyers dont remind to extend H4 when H1 extentension is filed.

certi_mgh said:
I got 40 emails last night, my 140 and 485 for me, spouse, child are all approved at the same time. 10 emails for each case. I was so excited and simply could not sleep at all.

For the last couple of months I get a lot support from this great forum. It is painful waiting for GC. Keep positive. There is little you can do about it. Good luck to every one.

Jab deta hai to, upar wala chappar phad ke deta hai.

40 Emails, wow, you must be overwhelmed with joy.

xxx

Patnams,

How do you know that you are stuck in Name Check process? Does USCIS reps tell you this information when you call them?

name check fiasco

Here is an old article (Jan 13 2003) that will give you an idea as to what is involved in a name check. The article is old and may not be applicable to current name check fiasco. The article also highlights that INS was on a temporary freeze on adjustment and naturalization adjudications because of problems with FBI checks, but have been resolved since

just search for "name check" in this web page

http://www.bccvisalaw.com/news/20021201.php

EB3(Subs Labor)/VSC/INDIA/PD - 10/2000
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP - ND 04/05/2004
EAD1/AP1 - AD 07/26/2004
EAD2(spouse) - AD 06/10/2005
I-140 - AD 08/06/2004
FP completed date - 04/02/05
I-485 LUDs - 04/12/05(FP recieved, resumed), 04/22/05
Stuck in name check

Thank you very much, VMI

imthere2 said:
40 e-mails...

you can get as many as you want, just go to your USCIS account and click e-mail ON button 40 times :)

my lawer just called me today and they got 10 email for each case too, literally they got over 100 emails for several approvals.

divsan
Its been long time. Welcome to the world of NAMECHECK VICTIMS
divsan said:
Here is an old article (Jan 13 2003) that will give you an idea as to what is involved in a name check. The article is old and may not be applicable to current name check fiasco. The article also highlights that INS was on a temporary freeze on adjustment and naturalization adjudications because of problems with FBI checks, but have been resolved since

just search for "name check" in this web page

http://www.bccvisalaw.com/news/20021201.php

EB3(Subs Labor)/VSC/INDIA/PD - 10/2000
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP - ND 04/05/2004
EAD1/AP1 - AD 07/26/2004
EAD2(spouse) - AD 06/10/2005
I-140 - AD 08/06/2004
FP completed date - 04/02/05
I-485 LUDs - 04/12/05(FP recieved, resumed), 04/22/05
Stuck in name check

patnams

I have been the US for 6 yrs now.

patnams said:
GCPZ05 and SMARTHI,

Welcome to the Name Check Party.

Btw, for how long each of you have been in US? I've been here for 8, I seriousely doubt that longer you stayed, the more likely your case is stuck up with Name Check.

Updated 2004 list

New Updates:
waiitingForGC, added new record EB3
mailgc2001, added new record EB3
anchala, 485 Approval - 06/16/2005
imthere2, added new record EB2
DJP, 485 Approval - 06/16/2005
JSS1, 485 Approval - 06/17/2005
sisukapalli, added new record NIW
kamineni99, 485 Approval - 06/20/2005
positve4gc, 140 Approval - 06/18/2005
smi, 485 Approval - 06/20/2005
zbcx123, 485 Approval - 06/22/2005
file040505, 485 Approval - 06/22/2005
certi_mgh, 485 Approval - 06/22/2005

NIW I-140 got approved after RFE

FYI:

NIW 140 RD 6/23/04
485 RD 8/12/04
140 RFE 4/26/05
140 RFE response RD 6/3/05
I-140 approval 6/22/05
I-485 AD ?

Card Ordered

Received 10 emails about my wifes case with the msg saying Card was ordered today.
No change in msg(still approval msg) for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally

Everybody,

It is with great pleasure to let you know that finally I have seen finished the marathon as of today.

My 485 has been approved. I want to thank all the great people who have contributed to this portal and made the process understandable for us. Thanks to you all with all my sincerity.

One question. Only my case was updated, and not my wife's. What about my wife? Is that normal? Is it possible only one of ours is approved? If that's the case, maybe I shouldn't be happy so early.

ers_md