2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

saffronizeddesi said:
I disagree with you beeru_thaganu. My name is Mruthyunjay Aindla. I bet you will not find a single record in US (except mine :)). My 485 application is pending because of name check (I called cust serv and verified) even though my PD is Jan 2002. I have been in US for 6 Yrs. Longer stay in US theory seems to be in effect. Any clue?

I think USCIS is lying just to avoid more questions from applicant.

485/140/131/765 ND: Aug 23 2004
140 approved Nov 1 2004
EAD/AP Approved 9/30/2004
FP ND: 02/18/2005
FP Done: 03/01/2005

Have to agree with you and Patnams, the longer stay theory seems to stick. A friend of mine is stuck in NameCheck hell because he resembles some one on wanted list !! Its really a fact! Its a vicious circle, you are not here for long then you cannot apply for GC, or you anyway have to wait for labor etc etc and then because you have stayed that long you get stuck in Name check.
I have not called VSC to hear same old message yet and don't think I will. Just wait and hope for the best.

Good luck to everyone.

tsr1974,

I opened up an inquiry or REFERAL as they call it. They asked me to check after 30 days if i do not hear from them. I asked if my application has cleared name check, he said he does not have that kind of information, was polite but firm.Will update if anything happens, 8 more days before the visa unavailability kicks in.

tsr1974 said:
GC4Ever, Thanks for your reply, yes may be you should call and find out, I will wait for a week or so to call them as my date is just passed.
Please post result after you call...

Hope you will get your approval before june 30..... Good luck....

Guys ... This is my 9th year here and counting. How do you get to check Name Check status anyhow? The Cust Rep says she cannot tell specifics of what is pending on my case.

Just a few more days left before a long pause begins. Let's Think Big.

patnams said:
Depends on Speed :)

Also depends on what car you were driving, FBI doesnt like it when you are driving a non-american car like honda, toyota etc. They put your name on national database for alien drivers of alien cars and it makes a Name Check hit :)

Take it easy.

i guess i posted a stupid question with frustation and anxiety..i have seen one post on other thread that about DWI (Driving while Intoxicated) and he said he may hit into namecheck harrasment. that's why i posted mine.

luck_2005 said:
i guess i posted a stupid question with frustation and anxiety..i have seen one post on other thread that about DWI (Driving while Intoxicated) and he said he may hit into namecheck harrasment. that's why i posted mine.

I think you meant DUI (Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs)

gcalb said:
Have to agree with you and Patnams, the longer stay theory seems to stick. A friend of mine is stuck in NameCheck hell because he resembles some one on wanted list !! Its really a fact! Its a vicious circle, you are not here for long then you cannot apply for GC, or you anyway have to wait for labor etc etc and then because you have stayed that long you get stuck in Name check.
I have not called VSC to hear same old message yet and don't think I will. Just wait and hope for the best.

Good luck to everyone.

Longer stays in the US may be one factor in conducting an indepth Name Check, but I doubt it's the only reason.
consider two scenarios:
scenario 1: you lived in the same apartment, worked at the same place where your office is situated, went through credit check for one car in that place, paid your taxes on time and did not do anything illegal for 8 years and your first name / Last name is not common
scenario 2: you lived in one state as a consultant, while your company was in another state, you banked at a bank another state (therefore your credit check for your car showed that), you paid your taxes on time, but claimed residence in the state you work in, not to mention all the issues with having an LCA (for H1) from one state and working in another etc etc etc..

now if you're in scenario2 AND you have a common last or first name, I think the chances for you name check being stuck are higher than scenario 1.
Remember, I'm NOT saying scenario 1 will clear easily (which it may or may not). I'm saying scenario 2 will definitely have a harder time in name check than scenario 1.

thanks for reading through :) . I'm not a lawyer. I analyze stuff.

luck_2005 said:

Yes DWI or DUI (used differently in different state) might delay the application, because it is considered a crime. But without any big complications, dui should not be an impediment to the eventual outcome of approval.

SprintGC said:
Does the civil Lawsuit from former employer on you affect the name check?

I don't know. but logically, it should not. only criminal cases are held against you and that too cases of moral turpitude.

no_id said:
Longer stays in the US may be one factor in conducting an indepth Name Check, but I doubt it's the only reason.
consider two scenarios:
scenario 1: you lived in the same apartment, worked at the same place where your office is situated, went through credit check for one car in that place, paid your taxes on time and did not do anything illegal for 8 years and your first name / Last name is not common
scenario 2: you lived in one state as a consultant, while your company was in another state, you banked at a bank another state (therefore your credit check for your car showed that), you paid your taxes on time, but claimed residence in the state you work in, not to mention all the issues with having an LCA (for H1) from one state and working in another etc etc etc..

now if you're in scenario2 AND you have a common last or first name, I think the chances for you name check being stuck are higher than scenario 1.
Remember, I'm NOT saying scenario 1 will clear easily (which it may or may not). I'm saying scenario 2 will definitely have a harder time in name check than scenario 1.

thanks for reading through :) . I'm not a lawyer. I analyze stuff.
What happens in this case
Name check cleared security check cleared file waiting for an officer to pick up from shelf
This is the last information I got from VSC rep and also recieved E-Mail from FBI that my name check was forwarded to USCIS in NOV
What do any body have to say in this case except F***** up Luck

485 Approved finally :)

I had raised a query on June 16th... Guess its the result of the query raised..

All the best to the rest of you..

:)

I am confused!

singhnsingh said:
What happens in this case
Name check cleared security check cleared file waiting for an officer to pick up from shelf
This is the last information I got from VSC rep and also recieved E-Mail from FBI that my name check was forwarded to USCIS in NOV
What do any body have to say in this case except F***** up Luck

Hi SinghnSingh,
Looks like you have done your FP in April 2005 and your Name Check response from FBI was received in November 2004? Have you appeared for 2nd FP in April 2005? Could you shed some more light in to it?

Thanks
Jay

saffronizeddesi said:
Hi SinghnSingh,
Looks like you have done your FP in April 2005 and your Name Check response from FBI was received in November 2004? Have you appeared for 2nd FP in April 2005? Could you shed some more light in to it?

Thanks
Jay
name check is initated when they recieve 485, (Filed in May 2004)after FP they send for security check thats what the rep told me which she said is also complete and this was my 1st Fp

zbcx123 said:
I had raised a query on June 16th... Guess its the result of the query raised..

All the best to the rest of you..

:)
How did you raise the Inquiry? I called the NSC 2 days back asking for Status enquiry aas my case is past 3 months now she said they will send enq to VSC hope it helps me
Can you answer please

Followed the below instructions (courtesy a forum member on this thread):

1-800-375-5283
Chose Options: 1, 2, 6, 1, EAC#, 1, 3, 4, CustSupp Lady.
or these Optin: 1, 2, 6, 1, EAC#, 1, 3, 2, 1, CustSupp Lady.

Actually I raised a case referral two days BEFORE 30 days has passed before the processing date is past my ND - and fortunately the rep didn't give me grief about it. I was assured that I will hear back from them in 4-6 weeks time. And sure they did :)

Last edited by a moderator:
code 3 finger printing is that they take your finger prints for all the fingers, and also take a picture of yours