2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Post 10000

I am happy to post the 10000th post.

This the probably the most useful thread on any immigration forum on any immigration related web site.

As John Kerry used to say during his election campaign, People should "earn" their Immigration Benifits. By staying long enough, by staying as good tax paying citizens, one sould be automitically eligible for permanent residency. Getting green cards should not be based on how good your lawyer is or which state you are from or how rich is your company is or how good is your timing or which service center you belong or how good is your luck.

Good Luck everyone and hope the USCIS and the Law-makers wake up to the true needs of immigrant community.

Until then, lets hang around these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
mailgc2001 said:
Congrats for 10000 th post.
I meant 1000 page. I think if you login to forum then you might see the page # 1000.

It depends on your setting of number of messages per page.

Trick Tip:

If you always want to go to the last message on last page, copy the link of last page

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=109915&page=667&pp=15

Modify 667 to say 800, and add the link to favourites, that way you always go to the last page.

Alternatively, you can change the settings, by choosing Last Message First, so that you see the latest message on the first page of the thread.

Very well said.

patnams said:
I am happy to post the 10000th post.

This the probably the most useful thread on any immigration forum on any immigration related web site.

As John Kerry used to say during his election campaign, People should "earn" their Immigration Benifits. By staying long enough, by staying as good tax paying citizens, one sould be automitically eligible for permanent residency. Getting green cards should not be based on how good your lawyer is or which state you are from or how rich is your company is or how good is your timing or which service center you belong or how good is your luck.

Good Luck everyone and hope the USCIS and the Law-makers wake up to the true needs of immigrant community.

Until then, lets hang around these forums.

Don't think so...

I've been in the country for over 8 years (F1 followed by almost 6 years of H1B) now...

Cheers

gcalb said:
Have to agree with you and Patnams, the longer stay theory seems to stick. A friend of mine is stuck in NameCheck hell because he resembles some one on wanted list !! Its really a fact! Its a vicious circle, you are not here for long then you cannot apply for GC, or you anyway have to wait for labor etc etc and then because you have stayed that long you get stuck in Name check.
I have not called VSC to hear same old message yet and don't think I will. Just wait and hope for the best.

Good luck to everyone.

zbcx123 said:
I've been in the country for over 8 years (F1 followed by almost 6 years of H1B) now...

Cheers

Contrats on Approval, enjoy your moments.

Official version is that only less than 5% of applicants face any sort of delays in name check, and only 1% face a delay of 1 or more months.

The name check theory is just based on general observations, no hard proof.

"If your case is stuck in Name Check, it is very likely that you have stayed for long time, the vise-versa is not true"

patnams said:
It depends on your setting of number of messages per page.

Trick Tip:

If you always want to go to the last message on last page, copy the link of last page

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=109915&page=667&pp=15

Modify 667 to say 800, and add the link to favourites, that way you always go to the last page.

Alternatively, you can change the settings, by choosing Last Message First, so that you see the latest message on the first page of the thread.

I use the below link that always takes you to the last post on this thread.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=109915&goto=lastpost

485 Approved finally :)

Finally I received the great Emails, I-140 and I-485 were approved at the same time. I am so glad it came in this way. The ironic thing is that AP is still pending

Thanks a lot for all of you who had shared their experiences and thoughts. Wishing all of you approvals soon.

All the details are in the signature.

Congrats File040505!

I want to be one of the first to congratulate my brother who I have shared many an emails with back and forth. I am so happy for you brother.

Wish you and your family success and happiness from this point forward in the glorious US of A!

Did anyone got 485 approved filed in august 2004?
Recently i applied my 2nd EAD. PD left blank on EAD Notice.
Did any one've seen this.Do i have to call uscis.
RD august204
pd2001
luds485 3/29(fp received),4/4,4/5

LUD on Long back approved EADs

Today I added my approved EAD cases into my USCIS profile. When I check last LUD on those, both of them are 06/01/2005. Intrestring thing was my First EAD approved in July 2004 and Second was April 2005.
What could be going on ???
Did any one had same ???

how many names would a name check check if a name check could check names...

Today, we found out that our cases are pending name checks as well. We did our FP on Feb 25 2005 along with my colleague and his spouse. I find it odd that name checks are pending for all four of us...makes me wonder if USCIS lost a batch of names, or maybe the FBI system rejected the batch as a whole ???

Anyhow, to bolster patnams theory, I have been in the US for 9+ years.

Can someone advise me about FBI namecheck email/FAX.

1) Do we need to send two separate emails (for self and spouse) ?
2) Do we absolutely have to include SSN in the non-encrypted email ?
3) What is the FAX number for FBI namecheck expedite request ?
4) What is the FAX number for FOIPA ?

EB2 season ???

As predicted by www.shusterman.com, looks like its going to be an EB2 approval season until the end of this fiscal yar...

Given the looooooong overdue wait EB2'ers had to go through during their I-140 phase, I am hoping their journey is not too long now ...

Cheers

Had an Last Update today 6/23/05

Had an LUD in the morning today. My RFE on 485 was received on 6/15 and there was another update on 6/17. I dont know what the update means but keeping my fingers crossed for the big news. Hoping for the best.

Interesting..... Good Luck to you.

My RFE was receieved on 10th of June, then next LUD on 14th. Its been quite since then.

VA_CH said:
Had an LUD in the morning today. My RFE on 485 was received on 6/15 and there was another update on 6/17. I dont know what the update means but keeping my fingers crossed for the big news. Hoping for the best.