2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

GCMental said:
I contacted USCIS rep and he said that my 485 is pending processing due to name check of my daughter(15yrs) and they do not have any control over the name check proces..

Can someone help me how to expedite name check process?

Gurus.. Please help.

regards, :(
Is there any problem with the cases of the children who gave FP. I have remembered 2 more cases who posted here. My son also gave FP and our case was also not at all progressing.
rrml
485 ND 5/26/04
Our FP 4/7/05
My son FP 3/4/04
485 LUD 4/7 & 4/8

Vsc Lud 5/13/05

WGL_GC said:
no, lets hope for approval soon...........

---------------
PD Oct 2001 - EB3
I140 ND - 1/13/05 : AD - 1/19/2005
EAD ND 3/1/05 : AD : 5/4/05
I485 RD 3/1/05 : ND 3/3/05: AD: soon
FP : Done : 4/29/05
I485 (Self & Spouse) LUD : 4/29/05 : 5/2/05: 5/10/05(case resumed): 5/12/05: 5/13/05

I called up the VSC customer rep. He asked for my EAC number. Had me on hold for 2-3 mins and then said my case was pending, though he said the FP and name check was cleared. He did not commit when the application will be handled but said hopefully soon.
So I think the last update on 5/13/05 might be that of name check.

EricS said:
1> You should call USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

2> You may ask your lawyer to open the inquiry, but you do not have to ask your lawyer if you are going to call yourself.

3> Ask the representative that you want to know why your 485 is not processed as VSC is now processing case that have ND 30 days > your 485 ND. S/he will give you an option to start a status inquiry or you can ask to start it. They will send you a written response stating the reason of the delay, if any.

The sole purpose of this inquiry is that while look for a reason for delay, they may find that the FP is not done and will send you the FP notice.
Let me know what you find out, I may also be calling for my spouse's case when 485 date moves ahead.

Hi Eric
I got the pending message from VSC rep but he said that everything was clear-FP, name check etc. He also said hopefully your case will be worked on soon. I dont understand why the case should be in pending status if everything is clear.

I think....
USCIS is processing cases based on - Name Check Batches sent by FBI
- Name Check Batches Under Process (Month of March)
- Name check Batches Awaited (Month of April)
- Name Check Batches Awaited (Month of May)

Watch "FP-Received" date ranges. It seems to be a single process. First, FP results are sent, sencod the Name Check are sent, to USCIS by FBI.

rrml said:
Is there any problem with the cases of the children who gave FP. I have remembered 2 more cases who posted here. My son also gave FP and our case was also not at all progressing.
rrml
485 ND 5/26/04
Our FP 4/7/05
My son FP 3/4/04
485 LUD 4/7 & 4/8
Your my dates are almost the same , lets keep track of our cases
My daughter who turned 14 when they send Fp but she has no Lud of recd maybe that is the problem

assur said:
I think....

Watch "FP-Received" date ranges. It seems to be a single process. First, FP results are sent, sencod the Name Check are sent, to USCIS by FBI.
There is a pattern - after the day one does the FP there are 3 LUDs and the 4th LUD shows a message change saying "FP results received ... processing to be resumed...."

I think:
1. the 1st LUD is the FP itlsef (coming from the ASC) - mostly on the same day of FP done .. they might use the same Database.
2. the 2nd LUD is the Name check (coming from FBI).
3. the 3rd LUD is the Finger Print Check (coming from FBI).
4. the 4th LUD when all these three things put together and updated in the case file and the message change accordingly(FP received - processing resuming).

I am not saying that if one does not see either of the LUDs - something is pending. It might be done on the same date maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
assur said:
I think....

i had FP done 4/22 and i see lud on 5/2 FP results received. Does this means my name check is still pending

can i call customer rep on this? My RD is 12/23/2005

zbcx123 said:
I was told by the rep that my case is put on hold due to visa number unavailability ...
But your EB2 140 was also approved ! Are they considering you in EB3?
rrml

luck_2005 said:
i had FP done 4/22 and i see lud on 5/2 FP results received. Does this means my name check is still pending

can i call customer rep on this? My RD is 12/23/2005

Luck_2005.. Your case is exactly like mine.. Is your i140 through?

Not sure... My attorney said he is gonna call USCIS to re-iterate the fact that it has to be processed under EB2.. Will keep you posted.

rrml said:
But your EB2 140 was also approved ! Are they considering you in EB3?
rrml

called VSC

Hi guys,

just wanted to share my experience with calling VSC about my 485. The rep said that they were processing 485 for May 13 (!) and that I should expect no change for the next 2-3 months! In addition, I questioned her about the fact that I had no FP received message while my wife did - it appears that my file is 'where it is supposed to be' and that she did not have any info about there being a security (or any other) delay.

I guess they take their time with these things. I wanted to put this out there for others in my situation and also to seek any advice or courses of action to be taken.

regards

LUD Pattern

I dont think there should be an LUD from ASC itself. I think the 1st one is from FBI as most of the time people get the same day and when call to FBI they say that they have send the reply the same day.
So the first LUD is from the FBI. THe second one looks to me from Name check.
The third one could be related with Visa Number Availability. May be the officier verifies that the application has a valid Nisa number or not...
and so on..
Again purely my guess and i could be wrong.

Thanks,

msd_gc said:
There is a pattern - after the day one does the FP there are 3 LUDs and the 4th LUD shows a message change saying "FP results received ... processing to be resumed...."

I think:
1. the 1st LUD is the FP itlsef (coming from the ASC) - mostly on the same day of FP done .. they might use the same Database.
2. the 2nd LUD is the Name check (coming from FBI).
3. the 3rd LUD is the Finger Print Check (coming from FBI).
4. the 4th LUD when all these three things put together and updated in the case file and the message change accordingly(FP received - processing resuming).

Hello docneedsdoc

What do you mean by 'where it is supposed to be' . When i called she said that its waiting for VISA NUmber and everything else is OK... Hope this helps....

How long

Gcprocess2005 said:
everything is on hold.. I would suggest you not to call uscis to make an inquiry.. we can wait for sometime, I guess.

Hi GCProcess2005. waiting is all we are doing. Just wanted to know for how long. Mine is actually from Oct 27th. Mine is on hold too for a long time.
Hope we all get it soon.

iwannagreencard said:
Hello docneedsdoc

What do you mean by 'where it is supposed to be' . When i called she said that its waiting for VISA NUmber and everything else is OK... Hope this helps....

It is at the appropriate place/station in the processing line. No security flags are up but she didnt tell me if all had been cleared either. Since my case is EB-1, the PD is current and the visa numbers available..... it appears the file is in line for processing.

Thanks