2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

MNo said:
Please update the tracker:
I-485 approved on 05/02/2005
Thank you and good luck!

Congratulations MNo!
Can you please share your details...
1. EB Category
2. Priority Date
3. Country of Birth
4. 140/485 Notice Dates
5. 140 Approval Date
6. FP Date
7. Any 485 LUDs that you might have noticed...

Thanks!

LUD changed after RFE is responded

Hi All,
is it a good sign that my 140's LUD has changed without change in the message. Please look at my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Details

MA_Labor said:
Congratulations MNo!
Can you please share your details...
1. EB Category
2. Priority Date
3. Country of Birth
4. 140/485 Notice Dates
5. 140 Approval Date
6. FP Date
7. Any 485 LUDs that you might have noticed...

Thanks!
Mno's details from the tracker.
EB2 - I140/485 RD 10/22/04
I140 AD 02/15/05
FP Date 04/06/05

Mno - When was your last LUD on I-485 prior to the approval?

Hello Swaram,

Your 140 LUD will change fr next couple of days, i.e. 5/9, 5/10. And then will take a break from that. After that it will get approved in 14 to 20 days from the last LUD. This is my personal observation. See my signature, I am also on the same boat.

thanks

Sudh said:
I also got FP result received and processing resumes message.
Do not worry about these dates. Sometimes they do not get updated on VSC site. When I talked with FP Manager, she mentioned that one part of FP result they send to ther central office and central office sends overall result within 7-10 days after FP date to VSC, which triggers "FP Result Message".
Thanks for the information. So do you guys believe that the processing will begin even in absence of FP update message? I called that VSC number last week and they the cust rep said it might even take 30 days to get updated. It would have been nice to hear from some one who had FP at alexandria on the 21st, the same day I had it done.
Thanks for the input anyway guys.

FP Rcvd Dates

FP Results are also send to FBI to do FP result check against their system.

FBI Name Check results are different. My guess is that after receiving FP Result. VSC makes request to FBI for Name Check. During filling form at FP center, she asked me add my alternate name as just my frist name and last name. (On form they ask First Name, Middle Name and Last Name)
We are should see one more update in coming week end (if our Name Check does not give any hits)
This is done by different group in DC. They do have limited resources, if they see any name hit they will assign case to inspector who has to investigate "what is that HIT". Shakespeare said that what is there in Name? FBI says everying depends on name. This is the time when luck should be on our side.

Also I think that calling VSC or FBI should be last option, when we know that our case is really delayed. Because I know one person who worked at VSC, who mentioned that even your phone call or status check request (even through congressman) will get logged into VSC system.

As so my pandits on this forum have their own analysis and visions, if our case is simple 485 and Name Check done quickly then we will get good news on this month end.

Good Luck.

BTW, I did my FP on 22nd April.
VA_CH said:
Thanks for the information. So do you guys believe that the processing will begin even in absence of FP update message? I called that VSC number last week and they the cust rep said it might even take 30 days to get updated. It would have been nice to hear from some one who had FP at alexandria on the 21st, the same day I had it done.
Thanks for the input anyway guys.

upandwaiting!!!

upandwaiting said:
Mine states:

"The above application has been approved. The Immigration Card Facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days. If the new card is not received within this time, please call this office at the number listed below."

I got the card in one week.

Did you do code 3 FP?

Is there a way i can find out whether they have taken code 3 FP?. They also requested 2 photo's when i go passport stamping. Do you know howlong it will take to receive card after the passport stamping?

Thanks
karan29

Please do not call USCIS/FBI, before completing 6 weeks of LUD (FP-Results Received....). Calls to customer Service are loged for each case. In USCIS system each application is assigned a predefined time, officer CAN put the case in pending for addtional time require for completion.
IT IS A DANGEROUS INDICATION TO CALL OR INTEND TO CALL USCIS/FBI UNNECESSARILY

Create a simple XLS 3 columns:
FP-Rec Date (LUD), Approval Date, Difference(No of days)
It is a trend analysis for approvals.

It is just an analysis.... Playing around.
Think, there is a reason for FP Codes 1, 2, 3.
Code 3 files, needs no further details required. Unexpect More LUDs
Code 2 files, details completed and interview not required. Expect More LUDs
Code 1 files, interview/presence required for GC. Expect More LUDs

AFTER FP-RESULTS RECEIVED
Code 3 files require no more LUDs and go for approval.
Reason: Already Thoroughly studied Cases

Code 2 files expect more LUDs/rechecking of existing information and enclosures before going for approval
Reason: Prompt for further action

Code 1 files, more LUDs, Re-FP for next code, thoroughly checking of the existing information and enclosures
Reason: Prompt for further action and requirements

LUDs/RFEs
Several Addresses IN USA
AC21 Cross-Confirmation (USCIS Strategy)
Beneficiaries of Consulting Companies
Old cases with (W2, PAYSTUBS, TAXES, Passport exiration, etc)
Illegible Documents, Discrepancies in the documents, etc

20,000 H-1Bs to be processed by VSC!!!

It appears that the newly apporved additional 20,000 H-1Bs are to be processed by VSC, irrespective of the job location. The applications can be made begining May-12th.

Does this mean, we can expect a slowdown of I-485 approvals since VSC staff needs to be reallocated to process these 20,000 H-1Bs? I hope this is not the case.

Since the original quota for 65,000 H-1Bs for FY'05 ran out long time ago and applicants have been waiting for a long time for the additional 20,000 H-1Bs, I would expect that a large number of these applications to be made right away.

Cheers,

jd_mass said:
It appears that the newly apporved additional 20,000 H-1Bs are to be processed by VSC, irrespective of the job location. The applications can be made begining May-12th.

Does this mean, we can expect a slowdown of I-485 approvals since VSC staff needs to be reallocated to process these 20,000 H-1Bs? I hope this is not the case.

Since the original quota for 65,000 H-1Bs for FY'05 ran out long time ago and applicants have been waiting for a long time for the additional 20,000 H-1Bs, I would expect that a large number of these applications to be made right away.

Cheers,

thats a good observation - it may be a correct one as well. Each service center has 200 examiners/adjudicators and 50 supervisors..... therefore, any new/more urgent case burden will have to be handled by the same crew and could mean slowing of 485s (among other petitions).

Last edited by a moderator:
485 approved ..passport stamped..no change after that

hi
My i485 got approved on Apr 28th 2005 and i got the notice on Thrusday ie. May 5th 2005 and also in my case it said some thing like this only to get the photograph and to get the passport stamped msg..and i also havnt seen any change so far.
Any idea on whats goin on !
Please let me know as soon as get any update on ur case.. !
Thanks
Utkarsh

karan29 said:
Is there a way i can find out whether they have taken code 3 FP?. They also requested 2 photo's when i go passport stamping. Do you know howlong it will take to receive card after the passport stamping?

Thanks
karan29

First LUD - 04/13/05
Second, about approved I-485 - 5/5/05 (that's when I noticed it).
Take care,
MNo

Beeru_thaaganu said:
Mno's details from the tracker.
EB2 - I140/485 RD 10/22/04
I140 AD 02/15/05
FP Date 04/06/05

Mno - When was your last LUD on I-485 prior to the approval?

MOhitFL

MohitFL, I am just curious as to when did you get your fp done ? and after that ,did you see the FP received message? and any LUDs after that ?

Reason i ask is that your PD is nearer to mine(by 2 months)....

MohitFL said:
What is the current Priority date and on average how how fast it moves? Like roughly a month in a month these days?

Will the guidelines for 485 approval be - First Priority date should be current and
then ND of 485 shoul be current or before the current date ? Can some one tell the way to determine it?

Best Regards

EB3 VSC
Labor PD Nov 2002
I 140 ND 07/22/03
I 485 ND 06/07/04
FP ND 02/17/05
Approval ??

Status check on USCIS automated system??

assur said:
Please do not call USCIS/FBI, before completing 6 weeks of LUD (FP-Results Received....). Calls to customer Service are loged for each case. In USCIS system each application is assigned a predefined time, officer CAN put the case in pending for addtional time require for completion.
IT IS A DANGEROUS INDICATION TO CALL OR INTEND TO CALL USCIS/FBI UNNECESSARILY

assur,
Even calls made for status check through 1-800 automated system do affect the cases? How about online status check? Sorry for my ignorance. I do status check everyday online.
Thnx

question on LUDs/RFEs

assur said:
It is just an analysis.... Playing around.
Think, there is a reason for FP Codes 1, 2, 3.
Code 3 files, needs no further details required. Unexpect More LUDs
Code 2 files, details completed and interview not required. Expect More LUDs
Code 1 files, interview/presence required for GC. Expect More LUDs

AFTER FP-RESULTS RECEIVED
Code 3 files require no more LUDs and go for approval.
Reason: Already Thoroughly studied Cases

Code 2 files expect more LUDs/rechecking of existing information and enclosures before going for approval
Reason: Prompt for further action

Code 1 files, more LUDs, Re-FP for next code, thoroughly checking of the existing information and enclosures
Reason: Prompt for further action and requirements

LUDs/RFEs
Several Addresses IN USA
AC21 Cross-Confirmation (USCIS Strategy)
Beneficiaries of Consulting Companies
Old cases with (W2, PAYSTUBS, TAXES, Passport exiration, etc)
Illegible Documents, Discrepancies in the documents, etc

What do you mean Several Addresses IN USA? By moving around more is a problem?

Live_in_USA said:
I smiled after reading your post as I feel very much the same. Not to blow my own trumpet but I have three degrees (two from very prestigious universities), two professional qualifications, always considered myself pretty smart and usually came top of my class, but after reading all the theories posted on this website I can't even put 2 and 2 together anymore and I my head keeps spinning. My point - you are not alone in trying to understand the daze of how the heck they process cases - PD, ND, country of origin or waist size of applicant for that matter.

"Not to blow my own trumpet but I have three degrees (two from very prestigious universities), two professional qualifications, always considered myself pretty smart and usually came top of my class"

But you just did blow your own trumpet!

BTW : Why did you not file as an EB2? Inspite of all the above

TazoChai said:
"Not to blow my own trumpet but I have three degrees (two from very prestigious universities), two professional qualifications, always considered myself pretty smart and usually came top of my class"

But you just did blow your own trumpet!

BTW : Why did you not file as an EB2? Inspite of all the above

I know, I was just making a point that no matter how smart or educated we are, there may be no real pattern to extract from this data to see how USCIS adjudicates.

EB2 - attorney's decision and I am not affected by retrogression anyway. Plus the job only required bachelors, and so it was a strategy to ensure a successful labor cert at first submission which thankfully it was.

Will use the degrees and propel myself as an "EB1 type" to the max when I get out of this "cage". BTW, did not need all these degrees if I listened to my Dad and read Medicine like my older brother. We pay a price somewhere down the road for not listening to the wisdom of elders.

Wish all good luck in the quest for the infamous GC!

raaj97 said:
assur,
Even calls made for status check through 1-800 automated system do affect the cases? How about online status check? Sorry for my ignorance. I do status check everyday online.
Thnx
Customer Service is an overhead and chargeable account only.