2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

please add my information

First I-140: NIW,
RD: 12/30/2002,
AD: 2/9/2005, no RFE.

Second I-140 filed concurently with I-485, I-765, I-131. Outstanding researcher.

RD: 11/15/2004,
140: AD: 3/9/2005,
765: AD: 12/1/2004,
131: AD: 12/10/2004,
FP notice: 3/5/2005,
FP appointment: 4/19/2005.
no information on 485. no change on LUD.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_vsc said:
to all effected by retrogression, please check the below URL .

We can send mails to congress man to support the HR139 bill which is similar to AC21. Seniors in the forum, your suggestion are welcome

https://ssl.capwiz.com/usatoday/bil...39&congress=109

Since healtcare provider comes under EB3, this bill will provide a relief to everyone applied under EB3.

Jharkhandi and other seniors in the forum, please suggest what should be done.

gc_vsc

Could you give us the exact link. This link doesn't work

tigris said:
hmmm....i thought it means people cannot apply for 485 unless there priority date is current. I may be wrong....

Do you agree ?

If they have not applied then they will have to wait till the priority date is current. The PD came into affect recently (Jan 2005). Till then anyone who had Labor cleared could apply for I140/485.
If they have already applied then the files will be processed, if they have not applied then their applications will be accepted.

gc_vsc said:
Tigris,

Your labour priority date is what is taken into account. The website you had referred should show a date greater than Aug 2002 for your application to be ready to be approved.

Hope that clarifies.

gc_vsc

Thank to GC_2004 and gc_vsc for the clarification !!
So it looks like i have to wait patiently for many more months for the 485 to approve. :(

usagc2 said:
If they have not applied then they will have to wait till the priority date is current. The PD came into affect recently (Jan 2005). Till then anyone who had Labor cleared could apply for I140/485.
If they have already applied then the files will be processed, if they have not applied then their applications will be accepted.

Hi USAGC2,

Your opinion is absolutely different from what GC_2004 and gc_vsc mentioned !!

Are you saying that my 485 case will be processed and approved soon, eventhough my Priority Date is Aug 2002 because my 485 was filed before Jan 2005.

Please explain in detail.

Thanks.

CLARIFICATION: Will be processed but not approved until PD is current. I think by processed you mean Finger Printing, FBI Name Check etc.

usagc2 said:
If they have already applied then the files will be processed, if they have not applied then their applications will NOT be accepted.

Finger Print status message Question

Folks,
I got my FP taken on 03/08/2005.
when i check the status message today(03/15/05), it says :
"On March 14, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Does that means, FBI has sent back my finger prints results to USCIS?
How would I know the Finger Prints results were OK and with no problems?

Thank you.

My Info:
Notice date | Approved date
Labor (NH) : 02/2004 | 06/2004
I-140 : 10/2004 | 02/2005
EAD/AP : 10/2004 | 11/2004
FP (st. Albans, VT): 03/08/2005
LUD1 : 03/09/2005, LUD2: 03/15/2005

tigris said:
Hi USAGC2,

Your opinion is absolutely different from what GC_2004 and gc_vsc mentioned !!

Are you saying that my 485 case will be processed and approved soon, eventhough my Priority Date is Aug 2002 because my 485 was filed before Jan 2005.

Please explain in detail.

Thanks.

I guess what USAGC2 is saying is that if you are EB3 of the 3 countries which are affected by retrogression, then after Jan 1, 2005 you cannot even file I-485. If you have filed 485 prior to Jan 1st 2005, then you will be in the wait mode until your PD reaches the timeframe as in depicted in visa bulletin. Hope this helps.

it_pro77 said:
Folks,
I got my FP taken on 03/08/2005.
when i check the status message today(03/15/05), it says :
"On March 14, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Does that means, FBI has sent back my finger prints results to USCIS? - YES
How would I know the Finger Prints results were OK and with no problems? - Per the message, the results are OK with no problems.

ravikanth_b said:
Hi need_green_card,

Can you give me more details about your denial. My earlier application was denied due to ability to pay issues. It usually takes 3-5 weeks to get back to you with an RFE (if any) or in the best case approval. Hope you get your approval soon and end this misery.

Hi,

My I140 application got approved today the 15th March 2005, My application was previously denied on Ability to Pay issue, I filed a Motion and Appeal in December 2004 and 140 got approved today.

The message for my 485 application was changed to, "On March 14, 2005, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. "

Will I receive finger prints notice? My PD is Oct 2002.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I-140 Approved

Can someone update into traker plz..

I got an I-140 approved today :)
Also.. FP notice received.
FP ND 02/18/2005 , FP DATE 04/09/2005
I-140 AD 03/15/2005

Thanks,
vllrp

-----------------------
LC PD: 5/2003 AD: 12/14/2004
EB3, EAD/AP/140/485 RD:12/30/2004 ND:01/14/2005
EAD AD 02/04/2005
AP AD 02/08/2005
FP ND 02/18/2005 / 04/09/2005
I-140 AD 03/15/2005

I-485 ?????

longwait95 said:
I am not sure but can you call and give them a reason for lifting the hold (like employment etc...) I know atleast 2 another people who applied in the same timeframe who had a hold on their application. Did you try temp EAD cards. Thats when they told me the app is on hold. Whatever that means

Goodluck.

Hi

When I tried to do the "Case status enquiry" , the person who ever on the phone was talking to herself stating that "its weird , this is on hold and I can't do the "case status enquiry" and after some time she said that it is fine. and she did the case status enquiry.
BTW what does "CASE STATUS ENQUIRY " means and what they will do . I did it last week and I did not receive anything till now.

I am concerned very much... :(

thanks
sunlightmoon

seekinggc_ssk said:
""When you send Form I-140 application to USCIS, you can also send your I-485 application at the same time, as a concurrent filing of Form I-485 with Form I-140.

The benefit of I-140/I-485 concurrent filing is the eligibility for EAD and Advance Parole. The biggest benefit is those whose unlawful presence has start running and may be subject to 3-year or 10-year bar unless the running of unlawful presence time is stopped by filing I-485.

By filing I-485, they will be able to stop running of unlawful presence even though they cannot remove the period of unlawful presence before filing I-485. IF you have already filed I-140, you may file immediately I-485 attaching I-140 Receipt Notice.

For I-140 and I-485 concurrent application, the USCIS will process the I-140 application and I-485 application separately.

Your I-140 will be first adjudicated as separate from I-485, and the USCIS will issue receipt notice as if I-140 was filed independently. Before your -14o petition eligibility review is completed or I-140 is approved, the I-485 application will remain on hold.
The USCIS confirmed that the Service Centers will not process adjudication of EAD and Advance Parole in the I-140/485 concurrent filing cases, unless the Service Centers complete the review of eligibility of I-140 petition or thorough adjudication of I-140 petition. The procedures of such review or adjudication of I-140 will be as follows:

Denial of I-140 petition without even issuing RFE if the applicant is statutorily ineligible. If this happens, the Service Centers will also deny I-1485, I-765 EAD application and I-131 Advance Parole.

RFE is issued if the evidence of eligibility is not included at the time of concurrent filing. This is a situation where insufficient evidence is submitted and the Service Centers are unable to determine eligibility of I-140 petition.

Once RFE is issued such, processing of I-765 EAD and I-131 Advance Parole will remain on hold until the requested evidence is received. Additionally, the 90-day EAD adjudication requirement under the USCIS regulation will also stop running and it will run again as soon as the requested evidence is received.
If the USCIS Service Centers determine that the I-140 petition is eligible and the proper evidence for determination of eligibility are found in the filing, the Service Centers will issue EAD and Advance Parole. ""

From the above, I understand that they are waiting on the adjudication of 140 application before they issue EAD or AP.

Hopefully the 140 is not denied, in that case I think there will be no LUD change. The Gurus may correct me if I am wrong.

seekinggc_ssk

Thanks for the info. So according to the above, it means we have to wait until I140 is approved to get our EAD's or AP's. Am I right. I am just curious ... then how come most of the people whose I140's are not approved , but they received their EAD and AP.

Please clarify if you know.

Thanks
sunlightmoon

ers_md said:
Please shed some wisdom on this issue. I am at a crossroad where I need to make a choice. I need to know the consequences.
Thanks to all.
ers_md

ers_md,
If your I-140 has been approved and 6 months have passed since you filed 485, you can invoke AC21. There is a separate board for AC 21 issues. From what I have gathered reading these boards AC 21 is considered risky.
If your I-140 has NOT been approved and / or 6 months have NOT passed since you filed 485, "technically" you cannot invoke AC 21. but some people have done it and got approved.

Additionally, your case is complicated because if your AC 21 is approved, then your case will be transferred to a different service center. I don't know if your priority date in VSC will be maintained. Its worth finding out if you will be given a new priority date and effectively your application is pushed to the end of the queue in the new SC.

I'm not a lawyer, so please dont take my word for it, but it were up to me, I would rather wait till my GC was approved to change jobs.

Hope this helps,
no_Ideas

vllrp said:
Can someone update into traker plz..

I got an I-140 approved today :)
Also.. FP notice received.
FP ND 02/18/2005 , FP DATE 04/09/2005
I-140 AD 03/15/2005

Thanks,
vllrp

-----------------------
LC PD: 5/2003 AD: 12/14/2004
EB3, EAD/AP/140/485 RD:12/30/2004 ND:01/14/2005
EAD AD 02/04/2005
AP AD 02/08/2005
FP ND 02/18/2005 / 04/09/2005
I-140 AD 03/15/2005

I-485 ?????

Congratulations vllrp. This is encouraging news. I have 12/30 RD, but 1/19 ND. I guess they would have received lot of 140 s on dec 30 th :)

Bronx Service Center FP

Hi Guys,

We (me and wife) had our FP today at the Bronx Service Center at 1pm - reached at 12:30pm - it is on the Grand Concourse bldg#2378.

Filled the worksheet form for me and wife at the gate (name, height, weight, eye color, hair color, phone number, ssn, a# from EAD card, present address).

We waited with a ticket number - when called they asked for FP notice and a picture ID (we gave our EAD cards - some people just gave their driver's license) - that is all the docs they wanted. Once again we were asked to wait.

After waiting for 2 hours, at 3pm we sat infront of a machine which took a picture against a white backdrop. We had to give a thumb print, 4 fingers together and then each of the ten fingers and signed a signature tablet - took about 10 mins.

From start to end, we were there 3 hours with my extremely cranky son!

Hopefully I will have the GC by next year (one can hope right?!) so that we do not have to go thru this again. Good luck all...

P.S.: A $35 parking ticket was waiting for me at my car for an expired meter! :mad:

I wish I could answer your question !!!

sunlightmoon said:
seekinggc_ssk

Thanks for the info. So according to the above, it means we have to wait until I140 is approved to get our EAD's or AP's. Am I right. I am just curious ... then how come most of the people whose I140's are not approved , but they received their EAD and AP.

Please clarify if you know.

Thanks
sunlightmoon
sunlightmoon,

Weird are the ways of USCIS. We just have to wait and see what it means to put things on hold.

From what I understand, they randomly picked some files of certain dates for serious scrutiny as they were otherwise approving things left,right and centre.

Unfortunately that week that they picked is our week of filing.

Mind you, all the above are my assumptions and may be completely wrong.

Now I understand that there are 3 Ws and 1 U in the US that you cannot predict. The 1 U stands for USCIS :eek: