2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

EB2 I-140 and I-485 approval pending

HI Everybody:

I filed my I140/485 in February 2004 and am still waiting for I-140 approval under EB-2 category. I have received a really nice job offer which I cannot refuse and was wondering if I can go on unpaid leave with my current employer and start working with new employer on EAD? DO you think this is a calculated risk?

I will really appreciate your response especially if somebody has had similar experience. Any thoughts on this strategy? Best Regards

Received RFE on 140

guys
got an email in the morning that they have issued an RFE on 140.

The email says they mailed the RFE today...so still do not know what the RFE is about.

My probable guess is about Employers abililty to pay..

Will keep you all updated...

P.S. who receives the RFE? do i get a copy of it in the mail, the lawyer or the company.

I-140 Denied - Education Issue

Hi Folks,

My I-140 got denied because of education issues. I have 3 years Bachelors degree from University of Bombay and 1 year Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications from a Institute (which is a private institute not affiliated to university). In addition to that I have above 5 years of experience.

My company is in the process to appeal (MTR), as part of which they wanted a new education evaluation to be done (based on 3 years degree and 1 year Post Graduate Diploma). However, a couple of agencies they had approched are reluctant to consider the Post Graduate Diploma and equate it to a US Bachelors degree (4 years) because this Diploma is not from a accrediated university.

Is anyone of you aware of any educational evaluation agency that can consider the above qualifications and consider it equal to US bachelors degree ?

Thanks and Regards,

==============================
EB3 - Vermont Service Center
I-140/485/EAD - Sept 19th 2004
EAD Approved 10/20/2004
I-140 - Denied on Educational Issues

Tracker updated

tracker updated and corrected with pr2003, nkalakonda and rathan raj's (did not copy formula) info.

looks like USCIS is meticulously scrutinizing EB2 applications.......

Pd

Kishore (nkalakonda),

What is your PD ?

Good luck on your I-140 !!!

Thanks,

nkalakonda said:
guys
got an email in the morning that they have issued an RFE on 140.

The email says they mailed the RFE today...so still do not know what the RFE is about.

My probable guess is about Employers abililty to pay..

Will keep you all updated...

P.S. who receives the RFE? do i get a copy of it in the mail, the lawyer or the company.

gsee said:
HI everyone:

I want to share the fantastic news that my 485 got approved today. I found out only half a hour back.

I want to personally thank you all for your support in this process.

Best of luck to everyone.
Congratulations gsee,

Whats next after this. Can someone let us know the steps after you get the 485 approval.
What is involved in getting the GC stamped and getting the GC card.

Thanks

Happy new year everybody!
Hopefully this year will bring good news.
I was just wondering if there have been any EB1 approvals from Vermont. Anybody heard anything?

Regression

Hi gurus,

Can anyone PLEASE ( :confused: ) explain the regression and how I can find out if I am affected?

I have filed 140 & 485 concurrently (Received Date - November22nd). I have got the EAD cards and the Advanced Parole (Approval: Dec 15th). My labor was filed on Feb 22nd 2002 (Approved - October 30th).

As far as I understand, if regression does affect my case, then BOTH the 140 and 485 gets rejected. Is that correct? Can I read something (in plain English :) ) somewhere that can explain this major pandemonium?

Thanks guys - Roni

ronbans,

The date when your labor was filed is the Priority Date. From your email, your PD is Feb 22nd 2002. Retrogression date is 01/01/2002...for EB3 applicants of India, China and Philliphines only. If your case is EB2, then you need not worry. On the other hand, if yours is EB3 and you belong to any of the countries listed above, then your 485 would not be approved till your PD becomes current.

Since you have already filed your 485, in a way...you are okay even if you are EB3 and belonging to India/China/Philliphines (I say this because on getting your I140 approval and crossing 180 days on your 485 filing, you will become eligible for changing jobs under AC21). The only drawback is that you actually receive your 485 approval a little later when the PD becomes current.

Hope this explains....

You are good to go, you can change the employer since your 140 is approved and 180 days passed after 485.

follow this thread, there is lot of information on AC21.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Best of luck.

bostondude27 said:
Hey Guys,
I am new to this group and i need your valuable suggestions regarding changing the job. I did concurrent filing for my I485/I140/I765 and i got my I140 and I765 approved and its now 180 days since i applied. My question is whether i can now use AC21 to move to another job. Will i have any problems from my current employer (i.e, cancelling my I140 etc.). Do my cureent employer have any hold on me? I will appreciate all your input.

Since you filed in feb 2004, I think you will soon get 140 approved, Did you see any LUD changes on your 140.

Every body has own thoughts, my 2 cents is you have waited so long, wait for some more time, till you get your 140 approved.
If 140 approves with any REF you are good, but if there is any REF on 140 like Company tax documents etc. Do you think your previous employer will support you in spite you leave him? If yes you can change otherwise stay with your company for some more time till you get 140 approval.

phillybanker said:
HI Everybody:

I filed my I140/485 in February 2004 and am still waiting for I-140 approval under EB-2 category. I have received a really nice job offer which I cannot refuse and was wondering if I can go on unpaid leave with my current employer and start working with new employer on EAD? DO you think this is a calculated risk?

I will really appreciate your response especially if somebody has had similar experience. Any thoughts on this strategy? Best Regards

EAD Approved

Hi Folks,

Please someone update the tracker with my EAD approval date 01/04/2005.

--Binary

Tracker updated

tracker updated with nkalakonda's pd and binary's info....

Last edited by a moderator:
FP question

Hi Folks,
Have anyone tried to get fingerprints earlier than the date stated in USCIS notice?

Did you call USCIS to schedule it for an earlier date or just go to the specified location and ask them to proceed with the fingerprinting?

VSC/EB2

Hi GCForAll2003,

Thanks so much for clarifying...feels a lot better now - I was worried sick to the stomach...well I guess just have to wait it out like all else :(

binary said:
Hi Folks,

Please someone update the tracker with my EAD approval date 01/04/2005.

--Binary
hi, im around u'r date, n.d 140/485/765, oct 4th,
ead message says ead aproved on jan 7th, can u clarify if the message says approval notice is in the mail, so is the ead card in the mail, or just a notice saying its approved? & u'r 140 got approved only a mth after u'r notice date? the processing time says that EB3 for men of profession w/adv deg or of exceptional abl. is dec of 2003. so please anyone who can, reply, thanks

For gsee

gsee,

what is your priority date. my dates are exactly the same as yours.

my info-

PD: 05/2002
I140/485: ND 3/17/2004
EAD/AP: 05/2004
FP: 11/23/2004
140 AD: 12/29/2004

Thanks.

Tracker updated

tracker updated with rajnag's info
nawabjee: please confirm you filed under EB2 if you want your info to be added to the tracker.