2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

GcNov2004 said:
EB3 is stuck, it is at Mar 01.
EB2 moved to Jan 03.

Doesnt matter what these dates say, they will still stall us in the security check. something or the other keeps adding up.
I am still waiting..........

Finally it's approved!!!!!!!

Just this morning I got those e-mails that I was waiting for since so long... Our 485s were approved today.

This forum and this 2004 thread has been a great help for us. Thank you all for keeping this forum active and helping us when we needed it.

We had a few hurdles to cross. My spouse (primary applicant) was stuck in the name check till from July 2004 to Septmber 2005. Then a couple of months back there was an RFE for employment verification letter from the current employer.

But I am happy today. Finally it's over.

I wish the best for everyone... Everyone is going to have their day. I have given my details below. Please let me know if you need any info.

Now I need one more help...

We are travelling to India this week. It is very unlikely that we are going receive the cards before we leave.

Experts please advise on the options that we have.

1. Try to get a temporary stamp.
2. Leave without the card and have them mailed to India.
3. Leave without the card and come back on AP.
4. Postpone the tickets by a week. This will cost around $600 and have to get approval at work also.

Experts... RealCanadian, UN, Jharkhandi and others.. Please advise. I am sure this situation is discussed somewhere in this forum.. If you have a link please post. Thanks a lot.

EB3 India Labor Sub
PD: Feb 1999 (Current since 1/1/2006)
I485, I140, AP EAD RD: 6/28/2004
I485, I140, AP EAD ND: 7/02/2004
EAD1, AP1: Aug 2004
EAD2, AP2: May 2005, August 2005
EAD3 RD: Feb 2006
FP ND: 2/19/2005
FP+Bio: 2/23/2005
Name Check: My name check sent and cleared in July 2004
Spouse (Primary Applicant) sent in July 04 cleared in Sep 05
RFE: Feb 10 2006 for employment verification letter.
Reply updated on the USCIS website on 2/21/2006.
LUD: 3/1/2005, 3/2/2005, 3/3/2005, 3/4/2005, 1/4/2006/ 1/17/2006, 1/18/2006, 2/10/2006, 2/21/2006,2/22/2006, 2/23/2006, 2/24/2006, 2/25/2006, 2/26/2006, 2/27/2006, 2/28/2006.

Approved (both): 4/10/2006 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
what is this !

Friends i see this messages in http://www.aila.org
"NSC Begins Processing Employment-Based I-485s for Which Visas Are Not Currently Available"

Congratulations

It wont be a problem to travel on AP. Other member beeruthaganu did it and it was absolutely fine. Check beeruthaganu's messages and he wrote his experience on this.

Congratulations and njoy the freedom.
july022004 said:
Just this morning I got those e-mails that I was waiting for since so long... Our 485s were approved today.

This forum and this 2004 thread has been a great help for us. Thank you all for keeping this forum active and helping us when we needed it.

We had a few hurdles to cross. My spouse (primary applicant) was stuck in the name check till from July 2004 to Septmber 2005. Then a couple of months back there was an RFE for employment verification letter from the current employer.

But I am happy today. Finally it's over.

I wish the best for everyone... Everyone is going to have their day. I have given my details below. Please let me know if you need any info.

Now I need one more help...

We are travelling to India this week. It is very unlikely that we are going receive the cards before we leave.

Experts please advise on the options that we have.

1. Try to get a temporary stamp.
2. Leave without the card and have them mailed to India.
3. Leave without the card and come back on AP.
4. Postpone the tickets by a week. This will cost around $600 and have to get approval at work also.

Experts... RealCanadian, UN, Jharkhandi and others.. Please advise. I am sure this situation is discussed somewhere in this forum.. If you have a link please post. Thanks a lot.

EB3 India Labor Sub
PD: Feb 1999 (Current since 1/1/2006)
I485, I140, AP EAD RD: 6/28/2004
I485, I140, AP EAD ND: 7/02/2004
EAD1, AP1: Aug 2004
EAD2, AP2: May 2005, August 2005
EAD3 RD: Feb 2006
FP ND: 2/19/2005
FP+Bio: 2/23/2005
Name Check: My name check sent and cleared in July 2004
Spouse (Primary Applicant) sent in July 04 cleared in Sep 05
RFE: Feb 10 2006 for employment verification letter.
Reply updated on the USCIS website on 2/21/2006.
LUD: 3/1/2005, 3/2/2005, 3/3/2005, 3/4/2005, 1/4/2006/ 1/17/2006, 1/18/2006, 2/10/2006, 2/21/2006,2/22/2006, 2/23/2006, 2/24/2006, 2/25/2006, 2/26/2006, 2/27/2006, 2/28/2006.

Approved (both): 4/10/2006 :D

GcNov2004,

Thanks a lot for your help.

GcNov2004 said:
It wont be a problem to travel on AP. Other member beeruthaganu did it and it was absolutely fine. Check beeruthaganu's messages and he wrote his experience on this.

Congratulations and njoy the freedom.

4/10/2006: USCIS Initiates Preadjudication of I-485 Applications During the Period of Retrogression

* The USCIS/Nebraska Service Center has annnounced that it has launched the procedure of adjudication of I-485 applications even during the period of visa number retrogression. The intention of this "preadjudication" initiative is to prepare eligible cases to the greatest extent possible, short of approval, in anticipation of the availability of a visa.
* More important than this preadjudication notice is that the Service Centers may issue RFEs or Biometric notices while they process the cases on preadjudication initiative, and if the applicant fails to timely respond or comply with other notices or requests, the applications may be denied. The I-485 waiters should watch closely their mails religiously from now on in order not to experience a deadly consequence for failure to respond. |"The unconfirmed sources also indicates that the USCIS field offices are currently under operation to achieve the goal of 6 months adjudication of benefit applications. The preadjudication initiative may have something to do with such move.

brs2004 said:
Friends i see this messages in http://www.aila.org
"NSC Begins Processing Employment-Based I-485s for Which Visas Are Not Currently Available"

Vsc

Do you have any idea, what happening with Vermont Service Center? Mine applied at there.

rajnag said:
4/10/2006: USCIS Initiates Preadjudication of I-485 Applications During the Period of Retrogression

* The USCIS/Nebraska Service Center has annnounced that it has launched the procedure of adjudication of I-485 applications even during the period of visa number retrogression. The intention of this "preadjudication" initiative is to prepare eligible cases to the greatest extent possible, short of approval, in anticipation of the availability of a visa.
* More important than this preadjudication notice is that the Service Centers may issue RFEs or Biometric notices while they process the cases on preadjudication initiative, and if the applicant fails to timely respond or comply with other notices or requests, the applications may be denied. The I-485 waiters should watch closely their mails religiously from now on in order not to experience a deadly consequence for failure to respond. |"The unconfirmed sources also indicates that the USCIS field offices are currently under operation to achieve the goal of 6 months adjudication of benefit applications. The preadjudication initiative may have something to do with such move.

http://www.immigration-law.com

04/11/2006: Clarification of Preadjudication of I-485 Applications During the Period of Retrogression

* It appears that the initiative of the USCIS to preadjudicate the I-485 applications during the period of retrogression includes "pending" cases (cases on file) only. Nowhere it stated that the USCIS would accept the I-485 applications during the period of retrogression when visa numbers are not available. For the latter type of action, the USCIS does not have authority to initiate it at the agency-level and needs a legislative authorization. People will remember that this was part of S.1932 which failed to pass the House and Conference Committee at the end of 2005.
* It appears that the USCIS is initiating the preadjudication policy to streamline security clearance process and fraud detection or prevention. The community should take the preadjudication announcement as a news that they may receive massive RFEs and Biometric notices even if their priority dates still remain remote. Please remember that the announcement involves their "internal" procedure and processing guidelines and not, repeat not, filing guidelines for the immigrants.

gcbee said:
Do you have any idea, what happening with Vermont Service Center? Mine applied at there.

How about me?

vicky007 said:
Rajnag, anyday now you should be getting the approval.

Regards.

I sent my 140 RFE response back to the USCIS on 04/06. Got the status message changed yesterday! My PD is 04/2000 and my filing date is 12/2004. Any idea as to when will I get it?

Vicky..
Did you apply using a Labor Copy instead of the original??
did it take long for DOL to respond?? Can you please share your exp.
Mine is Labor Copy sub with PD 02/04.

Ajaks

what to do?...your advice/thoughts needed

hi all,

here is my situation...when i applied for lc in 2001 i only had a bachelor, so it was put under eb3. after a long painful wait of 4 years, it was finally approved not long ago. while waiting during those 4 years, i obtained 2 masters. but those 2 masters are not doing me any good right now as my lc was under eb3 (other countries). my pd june 2001 is close and yet so very far given this !@#% retrogression that no one can predict. i may end up waiting years.

so what i am now trying to figure out is:

1- can i file another lc under eb2 with the same company but with a high position and salary (that i do actually have)?
2-if yes, how can i retain my old pd with the new application?
3-will i loose my current lc? or will i still be able to use it and apply for 485 if by miracle my pd becomes current before the new lc is approved through perm? in other words can both applications proceed in parallel?
4-will the uscis revoke my lc if they find that i am now in a different position and getting a higher salary so both different from what was in my lc application years ago? i heard that the position and salary are not supposed to change...

please help me guys/gals...thank you all in advance!!!

thanks rrjv.
but i am not sure whats going on my case. I called the uscis few times and keep getting a message the system is temperarly down and call again later. i am getting this message after entering the EAC number. anybody getting this kind of messages or just me ?

rrjv said:
NYDeal you seem to be the next in line. Hang in there!
Rajnag you too.

Yes, i am getting the same message. I tried last week and about a month ago.

Regards,

NYdeal said:
thanks rrjv.
but i am not sure whats going on my case. I called the uscis few times and keep getting a message the system is temperarly down and call again later. i am getting this message after entering the EAC number. anybody getting this kind of messages or just me ?

My 140 RFE was sent received on 4/6. I see two updates in the last two days with no message changes. one on 4/12 and the other one on 4/13. The message goes like this "we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."
Any idea?