2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

GC_485_2001

Registered Users (C)
Reply from USCIS.....

Gurus please clarify!!!!!

Received the following reply for I-485 after my attorney raised a query ( I140/485 File Date: 5/5/2004 – I140 approved: 2/9/2005)

The processing of your petition/ application has been delayed. All petitions/ applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of the petition/ applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We have no definite indication of when they will be completed….. :confused:

Regards
 

no_id

Registered Users (C)
GC_485_2001 said:
Gurus please clarify!!!!!

Received the following reply for I-485 after my attorney raised a query ( I140/485 File Date: 5/5/2004 – I140 approved: 2/9/2005)

The processing of your petition/ application has been delayed. All petitions/ applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of the petition/ applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We have no definite indication of when they will be completed….. :confused:

Regards

GC_485_2001 - It means your application is pending name check clearance. Do you have a common first and/or last name ?

Robert - each person is considered as one visa. primary ==1, spouse==1, kids (if any == 1 each)

hope this helps.
no_idEAS
 

mailgc2001

Registered Users (C)
When did you requested for status inquiry... I did it on May 16, till now no reponse to my status inquiry.
Seems most of the applications are pending in Namecheck/securitycheck.

GC_485_2001 said:
Gurus please clarify!!!!!

Received the following reply for I-485 after my attorney raised a query ( I140/485 File Date: 5/5/2004 – I140 approved: 2/9/2005)

The processing of your petition/ application has been delayed. All petitions/ applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of the petition/ applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We have no definite indication of when they will be completed….. :confused:

Regards
 

rajnag

Registered Users (C)
Visas unavailable for EB3

Visas unavailable for EB3. Doesn't mean we don't see any approvals for EB3 Category. :confused:
 

GC4Ever

Registered Users (C)
EB-3 Worldwide Visa Number Unavailability in July, August, September 2005 and Pending or New EB-3 I-485 Applications

All the pending EB-3 I-485 applications, except Schedule A occupations, will remain dormant untill September 30, 2005 unless they are approved before the mid-night of June 30, 2005. Some luckiest EB-3 I-485 waiters may receive approvals during this period of time (next 15 days)! The accompanying spouses whose I-485 applications are pending despite the principal alien's I-485 applications have been approved will not be able to obtain their I-485 applications adjudicated before October 1, 2005 unless their pending I-485 applications are approved on or before June 30, 2005.

www.immigration-law.com

rajnag said:
Visas unavailable for EB3. Doesn't mean we don't see any approvals for EB3 Category. :confused:
 

singhnsingh

Registered Users (C)
Help

Guru's
I just spoke to a vsc rep as my case is past it's date
She told me that all my name check and security check was complete and my file was on the shelf for an officer to pick up . I also got an e-mail from fbi last week that they had sent my name check back in nov 2004 to uscis
Could any of you gurus predict if i could get thriugh before this visa U becomes reality and I get f***** :eek:
Thank You
 

tigris

Registered Users (C)
GC4Ever said:
EB-3 Worldwide Visa Number Unavailability in July, August, September 2005 and Pending or New EB-3 I-485 Applications

All the pending EB-3 I-485 applications, except Schedule A occupations, will remain dormant untill September 30, 2005 unless they are approved before the mid-night of June 30, 2005. Some luckiest EB-3 I-485 waiters may receive approvals during this period of time (next 15 days)! The accompanying spouses whose I-485 applications are pending despite the principal alien's I-485 applications have been approved will not be able to obtain their I-485 applications adjudicated before October 1, 2005 unless their pending I-485 applications are approved on or before June 30, 2005.

www.immigration-law.com



Hmmmm.... this is very scary situtation for all EB3 people ! What will happen after September 30'th ? Will the EB3 approvals start ... in a much faster way ?

Gurus please comment !... how much more to wait .. .i am already losing patience ...


---------------------
EB3 Category - INDIA
Labor PD : Aug 2002
485/140 : Aug 2004
140 Approved : Oct 2004.
FP Done: March 2005
 

2001_Labor

Registered Users (C)
Time after 485 query.

Gurus,

Any one has any idea how much time it will take once we reply to 485 query. I recieved the email from uscis today asking for more information on my case ( I am assuming they they are asking for regular stuff like employment letter, taxes etc).
What do you guys think since they opened my case, they have a visa number for me even though the latest bullentin from them says no numbers available for EB3 ?

EB3 ( labor PD is 12/2001
140,485 ND is 10/2005
FP : 3/25/2005)
 

patnams

Registered Users (C)
singhnsingh said:
Guru's
I just spoke to a vsc rep as my case is past it's date
She told me that all my name check and security check was complete and my file was on the shelf for an officer to pick up . I also got an e-mail from fbi last week that they had sent my name check back in nov 2004 to uscis
Could any of you gurus predict if i could get thriugh before this visa U becomes reality and I get f***** :eek:
Thank You

How did you call VSC? Did you call the National Customer Number ?
Can you please give me any number for VSC

Thanks
 

saffronizeddesi

Registered Users (C)
EAD Renewal Application Sent To Wrong Service Center

Gurus,
I need an advise regarding my EAD renewal. I have filed my 140/485 from VSC in Aug'2004 and got 140 approved in november. I am working on my initial EAD and it will expire on Sep 27 2005. Last week I sent a completed EAD reneal application to my attorny. My attorny made a mistake of sending my EAD renewal to NSC(i live in milwaukee,wi) instead of VSC (where my 485 is pending). Can I withdraw already filed EAD from NSC and re-apply from VSC (note that VSC processing times are much faster)? If I wait until NSC transfers my case to VSC, I might be at risk of being out of status if I cannot get it aproved before Sept 2005. Any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I strongly feel that most of the forum members are much better than a well qualified immigration attorny. It is ridiculous that my attorny did not even read the instructions before filing(it clearly says on page 9 that if your answer to #16 is c (9) then sent your EAD application to the service center where your 485 is pending).


Labor Pd: Jan 2002/EB3/VSC
140/485/765/131 ND: Aug 23 2004/VSC
140 -- approved on Nov 2005
Fp Done : 03/01/2005,03/08/2005 (FP Recvd), 03/25/2005, 03/28/2005......
1st EAD/AP approved on Sep 2004 VSC
2nd EAD --- (Got receipt number but from different service center) NSC
 

singhnsingh

Registered Users (C)
patnams said:
How did you call VSC? Did you call the National Customer Number ?
Can you please give me any number for VSC

Thanks
Pasting it for you
please call the USCIS national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283".

Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

BTW this was my 4th call to vsc in the last 2months and none of the reps said that I had called earlier :D
Best of Luck
 

MA_Labor

Registered Users (C)
2001_Labor said:
Gurus,

Any one has any idea how much time it will take once we reply to 485 query. I recieved the email from uscis today asking for more information on my case ( I am assuming they they are asking for regular stuff like employment letter, taxes etc).
What do you guys think since they opened my case, they have a visa number for me even though the latest bullentin from them says no numbers available for EB3 ?

EB3 ( labor PD is 12/2001
140,485 ND is 10/2005
FP : 3/25/2005)

Try to reply to your RFE ASAP. There is still a chance that if they get your reply in time, they might adjudicate your case this month. If not then you will have to wait until FY-06. And who knows what’s going to happen then.

Good luck!
 

Gcprocess2005

Registered Users (C)
guys who are in my boat?? Whats our fate look like? Would we ever get our 140 and 485 approved anytime in the future?
guys, also please let me know if it makes sense to switch employment at this point of time. i hardly have 1 yr left in my 6 year visa. I have a masters degree and more than 5 yrs of exp. May be I can give a try on eb2 this time!! Confused!

I-485
EB3
Service Center
Vermont
RD 12/22/2004
ND 12/29/2004
FP :4/22/2005
FP recd : 5/02/2005
 

ziv711

Registered Users (C)
Update on my case

Well, they got the RFE response today. So there is still some hope something might happen in the next couple of weeks. I like to be optimistic. If nothing happens, I guess I'll wait until October... (It's not like I have much choice, right?)
 

SprintGC

Registered Users (C)
Please advice..

Gurus

My lawyer sent reply to 140 RFE on 05/12/2005. Its been more than one month since he sent reply, but there is no change in my 140 online status. It still says "On march 14th we sent request for more evidence blah blah..".
I tried calling customer service couple of times but they were not willing to give any information to me COZ I am beneficiary in this case. She said it has to be either employee or attorney to call USICS for 140 information.
When I spoke to my attorney, he told me to wait more time be fore we can raise query.
What do you suggest? Do I need to worry at this time?
Is it normal for USCIS not to update their website for few cases?
Please advice..
Thanks :confused:
 
Top