2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

I got my Photo done at CVS and the AP is approved..

spinus said:
Can you give me details about your RFE regarding digital photos. I took photos from Costco, where they take photos in a digital camera. Is that a problem? How does it matter how the photo was taken, finally it's printed on paper right?
Can you please shed some light on this photo issue.

Thanks,
SPinUS

FP completed today(4/1) at New Rochelle,NY

Hi All,

Just to share, We have completed FP at New Rochelle,NY today(4/1). They were very nice and everything finished in an hour for me and my wife.

Also see a LUD on our 485

usagc2 said:
Both there PD's are before 2002.

And they applied after May 2004 and approved. You are next in the queue. Get ready for good news later this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Positive4GC said:
And they applied after May 2004 and approved. You are next in the queue. Get ready for good news later this month.

This may be a dumb question. Who gets I-140 RFE ??? lawyer, employer or both.

Thank you.

rrcreddy4 said:
Hi All,

Just to share, We have completed FP at New Rochelle,NY today(4/1). They were very nice and everything finished in an hour for me and my wife.

Also see a LUD on our 485

What was your I-140 RFE about? Did you reply to that one. When did the they receive the RFE?

ziv711 said:
Finally, after 2 photo RFE's (digital; "background was too dark") my Advance Parole was approved today.

How did they distinguish digital photos from regular ones?

IMHO they mostly look the same.

SEIV said:
How did they distinguish digital photos from regular ones?

IMHO they mostly look the same.
This is from the i131 instructions: (see the last sentence).

"Photographs.
A.
You must submit two identical color photographs of
yourself taken within 30 days of the filing of this
application. The photos must have a white
background, be printed on thin paper with a glossy
finish, and be unmounted and unretouched. NOTE:
Digital photos are not acceptable."

I think if the resolution is high enough they won't tell the difference. (but why take the chance...) First time I took the photos I didn't realize it and I guess it wasn't good enough, and was bad enough that they saw it. I guess the photos were so bad that they weren't even good enough for the EAD.

Second time I sent regular (polaroid style) photos from the same place. The EAD was approved, but I got another RFE for the 131. I couldn't believe it! "the background was too dark".

No point in fighting it or getting upset, this is USCIS we're dealing with... Went to 3rd place (all places I went to were small photography stores, not big chains). and finally it was good enough.

GreenCardVirus said:
SSGC's approval is a clear case of going by Priority Date.

Looks like they are going to make me spend lot of money for Advance Parole and EAD (me and spouse) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My PD is April 2003 :confused:

FP and Biometrics done at Newark , NJ

Hi,

We did our FP and Biometrics today at Newark, NJ, As our friends in this forum suggested we went by Train and reached there at around 10:00 a.m. ( our appt was scheduled for 11:00 a.m. only ). By that time there were around 400 people in front of us. Finished FP and Biometrics and came out at around 12:45 p.m.
I see LUD changes both my spouse and mine .

sunlightmoon

485 Approval when outside country and No AP

Chat User : If my I-485 is approved when I am out of the U.S. and I don't have an AP, how can I reenter the U.S.? Using an H1B?

Attorney Murthy : A person is allowed to enter and be paroled into the U.S. or enter on H1B with the idea that s/he is supposed to get the PP stamped soon after entry. It is no longer correct to enter on H1B if one has actual knowledge of the I-485 approval when s/he is abroad, unless that individual informs the CBP Inspector of the I-485 approval and is then granted parole to enter the U.S. to get the PP stamped within a certain timeframe. Technically, entry is no longer possible on H1B after the I-485 has been approved, unless one is not aware of the approval when abroad.

Note: No mention about what happens if visa has expired. Well no one will stay outside US untill visa expires but who knows :confused:

I saw one funny guy he filed 485 w/o W-2, pay stubs, pictures and medical hoping that USICS is idot

Chat User : My wife's travel document has expired. She is in India, and her I-485 got approved. What choices does she have to enter the country and get her green card stamped in the passport?

Attorney Murthy : If she does not have either H-4, H1B, or the AP, then she may be stuck abroad until the principal obtains the GC and then files the following-to-join paperwork for her. This process could take 6 to 12 months or longer, depending upon how long the I-824 could be approved, unless the consulate agrees to process the attorney certified I-140 as a courtesy in an EB case. If there was an emergency that prevented the person from traveling, then one could risk trying to enter on humanitarian parole, but that is subject to the discretion of the CBP Inspector, and sometimes such a person is sent back on the next flight without ever leaving the airport. Consult your immigration attorney on any other possible options in such a difficult case.

Still make sure with your lawyers regarding this matter because USICS has clearly mentioned that one must have AP if you have filed AOS (485) and your visa expires when you are out of country.

itec said:
Chat User : If my I-485 is approved when I am out of the U.S. and I don't have an AP, how can I reenter the U.S.? Using an H1B?

Attorney Murthy : A person is allowed to enter and be paroled into the U.S. or enter on H1B with the idea that s/he is supposed to get the PP stamped soon after entry. It is no longer correct to enter on H1B if one has actual knowledge of the I-485 approval when s/he is abroad, unless that individual informs the CBP Inspector of the I-485 approval and is then granted parole to enter the U.S. to get the PP stamped within a certain timeframe. Technically, entry is no longer possible on H1B after the I-485 has been approved, unless one is not aware of the approval when abroad.

Itec,

Thanks a lot for the post. I am actually trying to get a definite answer on this matter from my attorney.

140 approved

I received the email saying my I140 application got approved today. Thanks everyone for help.! Now the wait for I485 begin.

I-485 Pending petition

My I-485 receipt date 01/20/04 and notice date 01/25/04 but my I-140 was approved last month. I raised a query with USCIS about my I-485 application but i don't see any LUD's after raising query also.

If anybody was in same situation and knows what will be the best option to proceed. please advise.

Cheers
karan29

I-485

You got your I-140 approved a week back only.

You need patience. You will get I-485 approval this week.

:)

Lud Before Fp And After Fp

:confused: Jhark,Itec

In some of the Post we are seeing 485 LUD is changig even before FP Date . Most commonly it changing after FP on our 485 LUDS.What will be the difference .Plese share your experiance

senthil

Early fingerprint @ Alexandria VA

It seems that they don't accept early fingerprint, I tried today and they sent me back, the officer told me you can come any time after the appointment date NOT BEFORE. Any successful attempt there????

denied early FP at New Rochelle, NY

I had gone today for early FP ay New Rochelle.....they deniedsaying that they will not accept walk ins....
will go on wednesday...
I have a question...I got my FP notice but seems like my spouse did not....If we go together on my sceduled appointment day will they accept it...Any one did that before...any ideas and comments to tell them to accept ....
Thanks

FILE040505 said:
It seems that they don't accept early fingerprint, I tried today and they sent me back, the officer told me you can come any time after the appointment date NOT BEFORE. Any successful attempt there????

SENTHIL MURUGESAN said:
:confused: Jhark,Itec

In some of the Post we are seeing 485 LUD is changig even before FP Date . Most commonly it changing after FP on our 485 LUDS.What will be the difference .Plese share your experiance

senthil

LUDs on 485 before FP are the cases w/o 140 approval. In those cases if they have RFE or denial of 140 then 485 is also denied so you will observe LUD in 485 (also 140).

LUDs on 485 after FP...

1. Because of Biometrics (2 LUDS) + FP recepit (one LUd + msg change) + one lud (your case is reday for approval )
2. I have seen two cases with conti LUDs and similar patterns (about 4 to 5 LUDS) on 485 one got RFE (gc@VSC http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=168941) and another approval (mike_ins http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1107284&postcount=6490)

As M3G JK has told repeatdly no meaning in drilling LUDs for 485 one will get no exact answer about LUDs