2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

need_green_card said:
my i140 got approved based on Motion filed for my previous denied application.

Am I eligible to change job now? do i need to file AC21 if I change the job ?

Please clear my doubts.

Thanks

need_green_card,

Congratulations on your 140 approval. Looking at the timelines in your post, you have crossed 180 days after your 485 filing and now that you have your I-140 approved, you are good to change jobs taking shelter under AC21.

You might have to make a thoughtful decision whether to inform USCIS about your job change via AC21 or not (and inform in case you receive a RFE on your 485...you might as well get 485 approved without any RFEs). If your employer who sponsored the GC is in good terms and would not revoke the approved 140, you can change jobs using EAD and sit tight and wait for your 485 approval. Again, you can decide on this based on your facts.

Good Luck.

Revoke I140

Is that possible to revoke I140 after approval(EMPLOYEER) considering 180 days of I485..filing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jharkhandi said:
Congratulations! Very true - one year time frame for EB2s - almost all cases have been like this for 2004 filers till now.

Another trend I have noticed is that the 485 approval comes 1 to 4 months after FP(irrespective of EB2 or EB3).
What do you think? With FP's happening faster now, may be 485 approvals will also come earlier if we go by the FP trend.

Being optimistic :)

Slave_Victim said:
Is that possible to revoke I140 after approval(EMPLOYEER) considering 180 days of I485..filing?
You may get NOID about it, if you reply it properly - 140 will not be revoked.

Jharkhandi said:
You may get NOID about it, if you reply it properly - 140 will not be revoked.

JK,
Could you please elaborate on the NOID funda please. If the employer revokes the I-140 even before you file your AC21, is it valid. If we send the Ac21 paperwork after the revocation of 140, is it considered.

thanks.

usagc2 said:
Another trend I have noticed is that the 485 approval comes 1 to 4 months after FP(irrespective of EB2 or EB3).
What do you think? With FP's happening faster now, may be 485 approvals will also come earlier if we go by the FP trend.

Being optimistic :)
Nice observation. I remember once talking to VSC rep who mentioned that VSC works in batches of size 6 weeks to 12(or perhaps 14 - not sure here) weeks.

Now most of the factors are known - itec, would you like to start betting here? What is your guess?

How may days to see the message change after FP?

My wife and I had FP done on Mar 10. We see two updates on Mar 10 and 11. There was no message change. Yesterday, the message of my wife's 485 was changed to "On March 15, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made." But mine still has not been changed. Dose this mean anything? Anyone can explain this?

cooldude2k4 said:
JK,
Could you please elaborate on the NOID funda please. If the employer revokes the I-140 even before you file your AC21, is it valid. If we send the Ac21 paperwork after the revocation of 140, is it considered.

thanks.
If sponsoring employer revokes 140 before you could file AC-21, you will receive NOID. The time in which NOID has to be replied is typically 30 days or so and on top of that there is no chance of extension. During this period, if you send AC-21 papers, your 140 will not be revoked. But if NOID is not responded in time then your 485 will be denied.

Jharkhandi said:
If sponsoring employer revokes 140 before you could file AC-21, you will receive NOID. The time in which NOID has to be replied is typically 30 days or so and on top of that there is no chance of extension. During this period, if you send AC-21 papers, your 140 will not be revoked. But if NOID is not responded in time then your 485 will be denied.

Jharkhandi:

DO YOU WORK FOR USCIS ? :)

Message changed

The message for my 485 changed saying the fingerprint review was received and processing has resumed.

I 140 - AD 3/3/2005
I 485 - RD 04/14/2004
FP ND - 04/05/2005. Did early FP 3/12/2005.

LUDS on 485 - 3/14, 3/15 and 3/17 the message changed.

Keep fingers crossed for 485.

Thank you guys /gals for all the good information

Priority date only moved a month

Jharkhandi,

Many were expecting a big jump in the priority date , since April was begining of the 3rd quarter and Visas shoould have been allotted for this quarter. What do you see is happening here.

gc_vsc

Jharkhandi said:

Thanks JK. We are thankful to have you in this forum.

gc_vsc said:
Jharkhandi,

Many were expecting a big jump in the priority date , since April was begining of the 3rd quarter and Visas shoould have been allotted for this quarter. What do you see is happening here.

gc_vsc
See first of all - I do not belv that USCIS will release all visa in one go. If they do so then backlog will increase. The target is to show that there is a controlled backlog and that the processing time has decreased considerably. So keep an eye on backlogs and processing time, it will tell you the inside story.

For next quarter, predictions can be made, maybe, 15 days in advance. If anyone tells you otherwise, without a published report/document - tell him to buy Lal Kitab from Dariyaganj, New Delhi - that will be more accurate. (itec is mum - perhaps he is studying Lal Kitab for LUDs :D ).

Jharkhandi said:
See first of all - I do not belv that USCIS will release all visa in one go. If they do so then backlog will increase. The target is to show that there is a controlled backlog and that the processing time has decreased considerably. So keep an eye on backlogs and processing time, it will tell you the inside story.

For next quarter, predictions can be made, maybe, 15 days in advance. If anyone tells you otherwise, without a published report/document - tell him to buy Lal Kitab from Dariyaganj, New Delhi - that will be more accurate. (itec is mum - perhaps he is studying Lal Kitab for LUDs :D ).

Thanks JK

Is it not according to AC21 unused Visa's should be available in the 4th quarter. I read some article about it.

gc_vsc

140 RFE taking time to answer :(

Hi guys,

I got my 140 RFE on 09Feb05 - lawyer is delaying reply due to some internal problems (which I do not understand why - one of them even told me that as an Indian I should understand why things can drag - what **ickheads) - she says maybe they can reply by April 15th and the deadline is April30th - I guess I am missing out on the quick approvals - my PD is Feb02 and have done my FP on 15Mar05 - normally when 140 RFE is answered, is there a time frame when they will process that or is it another stone in the dark?

Once this is over, I will have some words for this lawyer...

Roni :mad:

Jharkhandi said:

I think NOID for 140 will go to the Lawyer, what if Lawyer is with the comapany and does not support your application any more!! :mad:

Jharkhandi said:
(itec is mum - perhaps he is studying Lal Kitab for LUDs :D ).

No time waste in LUD research if I am going to get GC no one can stop it and if I am not going to get GC no one can give (From "Bhagvat Gita") all is in hands of GOD so just enjoy the current moment and live life happily.

itec said:
No time waste in LUD research if I am going to get GC no one can stop it and if I am not going to get GC no one can give (From "Bhagvat Gita") all is in hands of GOD so just enjoy the current moment and live life happily.

You dont bring anything into this world when you are born, you dont take anything with you when you die.

Do American Citizens/GC Holders go to heaven? :confused: :confused: