2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

As I mentioned earlier my PD is 01/24/2001. Yesterday I went to the local office to find out more about my case. My company is in Pittsburg and I work in Minneapolis so the local immi officer asked me whether I want my case to be transferred to Nebraska office since Minnesota falls under Nebraska service center.

GC7

satpreet said:
Hi GC7,

Mine is also stuck somewhere. 485 ND 08/19/2003. What is your priority date ? My I140 says June 13 2000 but looks like same case as you. What is process of enquiring from local office. My case is not transferred.

Thanks
485 ND 08/19/2003

gcWaitWay2Long,

I am EB2. (140/485). Per your url (thanks that was very helpful), I should be current(with EB2), which reduces/eliminates the possibility of being held up on that account. I am waiting to hear back from a re-submitted RFE 16 weeks and counting.

These days, my biggest fear is that our papers are lost somewhere in the "piles" ...this is exactly what some user here had reported in the conversation that happened with USCIS. (read it somewhere on this site, can't locate the thread/forum for reference)

Atleast for you, the EB3 visa number issue is an explanation(although little consolation), but there are many cases coming up which are held up for no apparent reason, which bothers me, coz in that case there is no reason/estimate to go forward with or track and resolve.

And the 30 day do-not-call-me-back-status-check from USCIS is a JOKE. I wish I could tell my bank/employers that for any status check questions they might have :)

I have one Q...after doing a status check request with USCIS, does the online message change in any way?...I did my status checkc and nothing's changed...(same message)

Thanks for your info. Will post any further info, as I discover. You guys are great, the best support one can get in this long road to GC. :)

Regards,
Etchoneb

gcWaitWay2Long said:
GC7 and etchoneb, what is the category in your 140 application?? was it EB3 by any chance?? I have been applied in the EB3 category as well and I was reading up stuff about the categories and stuff on Sheela Murthy's website and I believe there is a "Visa Bulletin" that DHS/ BCIS releases middle of every month or so which has the timelines of the visas available for each category.... and shockingly per that document the visas available for EB3 category applicants are for the applications that have a priority date of Jun '02..... So if your priority date on your application is Jan '03 you'd have to wait till the visa availability date moves upto your priority date, even though the notice date on your 485 app. is Jun '03... Or atleast thats the way I understood how the "visa availability" process worked.... Could somebody shed some light on this please and confirm if thats the way the process works.

Visa bulletin ---> http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2252.html

--> slavery or bonded labor in the 21st century is called "Immigration Process"

If you request for an enquiry, case status changes but I have seen people who didn't get their case status changed so don't worry. Any way below is the message I have on my application

"On March 13, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Letter - help

I called the customer service on 04/26/05 about my pending I-485.
Today i received a letter from USCIS,Vermont servive center

It says..
"The processing of your petition/application is delayed. All Petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine fingerprint checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications.We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed.we apologize for the delay."

Rest od the letter says about Address change, AR-11 form importance blah blah.....

does my case struck with FBI?
if so do i need to communicate with FBI? how?

Please can someone share some info on this?

Thanks

Where's the tracker?

Guys,

The tracker seems to be lost in the pages, please use this thread only for the tracker, and keep general discussions out of this thread.

thanks
joyd

I-485 Approved for second time ????????

First one was approved on April 15th.
Went to local USCIS office and got my passport stamped.

Received the second one (EMAIL) today (May 12th) !!!!!

CONFUSED :confused: :confused: :confused:

ANY IDEAS !!!

LegalFrustrated said:
First one was approved on April 15th.
Went to local USCIS office and got my passport stamped.

Received the second one (EMAIL) today (May 12th) !!!!!

CONFUSED :confused: :confused: :confused:

ANY IDEAS !!!

At least 3 people including me had same experience at the same day.
Do you have dependents?

BRFA said:
At least 3 people including me had same experience at the same day.
Do you have dependents?

Yes. Wife and daughter.
But they did not receive second one along with me.
I contacted my attorney, she told me that it is nothing to worry.

Hi,

While taking the infopass appointment for passport stamping, do I have to take two seperate appointments for me and my spouse?

I485 Approved...

Hello Friends,

My 485 application got approved. The online status changed May 11th(spouse)/12th(Myself). I am very happy and relieved. Still have to get the notice in the mail.

(Silly) Question to all :) , do get my passport stamped, I would have to wait for the Notice to get mailed to me right?...obviously, I cannot go without that correct?...or is it possible to get there(local office) and state EAC numbers and still get it done?

SaiBobby, same as yourself, I need to schedule with my spouse, so one/two appointment requests?...also, could you tell/point me information related to the appointment scheduling with infopass that you mention below. Thanks.

I want to thank all of you on this forum, without you I would not have been able to do it. Here is some info. related to my case.

EB2.
140/485 concurrent ND : 5/2003
485 RFE, responded to RFE, waited 15 weeks, did a status check with uscis, got approval status online after 2 weeks.

Good luck,

Etchoneb

SaiBobby said:
Hi,

While taking the infopass appointment for passport stamping, do I have to take two seperate appointments for me and my spouse?

I-140 Approved at last

Updated the tracker. Unfortunately it's very difficult to feel any sense of joy because I have become numb to this whole process. Took 631 Days for I-140. Hopefully wont take anywhere near this time for I-485..

Last edited by a moderator:
etchoneb,

Congratulations!

As far as I know you need the I485 approval notice to go to the passport stamping. You also need to carry other documents mentioned in the approval notice.

Go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and you can take an appointment in your nearest office by entering you zipcode.

So what happened

looking4green said:
I had mailed them in 2004 Nov.
So what happened then. My friend did you get your 140 finally. I really think you should go to congressman or senator to get this accomplished.

They didn't want to approve my 485 at this time ..... :rolleyes:
so BCIS approved our 3rd EAD yesterday took 2 months :) ...........
waiting for 2nd AP & "1st" 485 :confused: :confused: ...

Infopass...

Saibobby,

Thanks for the info. I have received both my notices in the mail. But none of them talk about an invitation to come and stamp does that say on either of your notices?

Mine just talk about the "you should be getting the card in 3 weeks"...to that effect, under the circumstances I am not sure if Info pass is needed.

There is another forum with details related to that
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1151692#post1151692

Don't know if I should go to get mine stamped or not. Thanks for the info.

Regards to all, Goodluck,
Etchoneb

SaiBobby said:
etchoneb,

You need two take two seperate appointments for you and your spouse

485 approved!!!!!

My 485 is finally approved after 532 days.. just 8 days short of the maximum time given by them.. Anyways, all is well that ends well!! Thanks to all the forum members for all your support in this arduous journey and good luck to those who are waiting.

I am attaching the tracker with my info updated.