2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

RFE was about last 3 years Tax filings and 3 pay stubs. Interestingly last 4 days everyday my file has been touched. My 140 still remains untouched.

140/485 concurrent 7/14/2003
2 EADs and 2 APs

140 ??
485 ??

Rfe

ar13 said:
What was your RFE about, chiddhu?

RFE was about last 3 years Tax filings and 3 pay stubs. Interestingly last 4 days everyday my file has been touched. My 140 still remains untouched.

140/485 concurrent 7/14/2003
2 EADs and 2 APs

140 ??
485 ??

Hi GC7,I485stage
My ND is also 08/20/2003 and EB3 concurrent -India. I did my Fp in Nov 03 and still no news. I am sure we are stuck with the same immi. officer.

I140/485 ND: 08/20/2003
EB3
FP Done:11/16/2004
FP Received: 11/22/2004 (for me)
11/29/2004 (for my wife)
Last LUD changed: 12/10/2004 (address change)

jgm_gm.

Last two weeks no body got through

Does anybody know about somebody who had their case cleared recently. I guess there isnt anybody at the forum who actually had got their approvals since nobody had broken out any news in last few weeks.

Is this the status all service centers or is it just at VSC only.

Folks I just had a serious question. Can you work with a Expired EAD until the renwed one comes through. Should the employer be notified. Kinldy help me understand what might happen if this isnt well communicated and the person keep working thinking he had already applied for a work permit.

thanks

kumarr said:
Does anybody know about somebody who had their case cleared recently. I guess there isnt anybody at the forum who actually had got their approvals since nobody had broken out any news in last few weeks.

Is this the status all service centers or is it just at VSC only.

Folks I just had a serious question. Can you work with a Expired EAD until the renwed one comes through. Should the employer be notified. Kinldy help me understand what might happen if this isnt well communicated and the person keep working thinking he had already applied for a work permit.

thanks

kumarr, you are taking a big risk if you are working with expired EAD. Are you aware of Interim EAD ? You can go to your local INS office in person (walk-in) and show them proof of application that you had applied for renewal EAD but it has taken more than 3 months, and your I485 receipt. They will issue a temporary EAD (valid for 3 months) within an hour or so.

EAD approved but never received

Hi I485Stage,
I have a different question. My 2nd EAD was applied in Oct and was approved in Nov 2004. But I never received the new EAD. I did call the service center in late Dec 2004 and let them know about it. But haven't heard anything since then. Can I go to the local INS office and get an interim EAD? If yes then what documents do I need to take with me?

Thanx in advance.

jay_gm said:
Hi I485Stage,
I have a different question. My 2nd EAD was applied in Oct and was approved in Nov 2004. But I never received the new EAD. I did call the service center in late Dec 2004 and let them know about it. But haven't heard anything since then. Can I go to the local INS office and get an interim EAD? If yes then what documents do I need to take with me?

Thanx in advance.

jay-gm - best thing is to call the 1-800 nbr and ask them specifically if you can apply for Interim EAD in your situation. If you have the APPROVAL NOTICE in original from VSC then perhaps you are okay if you are carrying it with you at all times.
Although I cannot make any assumptions about when/how you applied, it is advised on the EAD application form to always apply for renewal 6 months prior to expiration to accommodate such delays and also, when you receive EAD - save the paperwork you get along with EAD card - and send the same paperwork along with renewal appplication - this speeds up process as mentioned on the paperwork itself. Sorry if I am giving unnecessary advice!

I485stage said:
jay-gm - best thing is to call the 1-800 nbr and ask them specifically if you can apply for Interim EAD in your situation. If you have the APPROVAL NOTICE in original from VSC then perhaps you are okay if you are carrying it with you at all times.
Although I cannot make any assumptions about when/how you applied, it is advised on the EAD application form to always apply for renewal 6 months prior to expiration to accommodate such delays and also, when you receive EAD - save the paperwork you get along with EAD card - and send the same paperwork along with renewal appplication - this speeds up process as mentioned on the paperwork itself. Sorry if I am giving unnecessary advice!

....And documentation for walk-in EAD is EAD receipt notice from VSC + I-485 receipt notice from VSC. Of course, you will take your passport + driver's licence for ID.

No Luck I tried bitting through the frost bite this morning I485stage

I485stage said:
kumarr, you are taking a big risk if you are working with expired EAD. Are you aware of Interim EAD ? You can go to your local INS office in person (walk-in) and show them proof of application that you had applied for renewal EAD but it has taken more than 3 months, and your I485 receipt. They will issue a temporary EAD (valid for 3 months) within an hour or so.

Dear I485stage:
I tried what you had mentioned to me. I went in to the District Service Centre (Washington/Fairfax) waited from about 5:30am in the morning, on awefully cold frosty morning trying to test my perseiverance and patience. One of the gaurds was pleased and let us at 8:30am inside the office to wait in the queue after the first batch of the prior appointment folks were let in.

waited for another half hr to hr to learn that the ins officer didnt even want to engage us without the appointment letter. we were literally pushed to the streets again.. Our last bit of hope drained away and we came back home very disappointed.

Our EAD was appiled on August 23 2004 its over 120 days now

God Bless Immigration officers.

kumarr said:
Dear I485stage:
I tried what you had mentioned to me. I went in to the District Service Centre (Washington/Fairfax) waited from about 5:30am in the morning, on awefully cold frosty morning trying to test my perseiverance and patience. One of the gaurds was pleased and let us at 8:30am inside the office to wait in the queue after the first batch of the prior appointment folks were let in.

waited for another half hr to hr to learn that the ins officer didnt even want to engage us without the appointment letter. we were literally pushed to the streets again.. Our last bit of hope drained away and we came back home very disappointed.

Our EAD was appiled on August 23 2004 its over 120 days now

God Bless Immigration officers.

God....I am so sorry Kumar.....But last year my own EAD took me over 120 days...So I went to Chicago centre WITHOUT ANY APPOINTMENT at all....and got my interim EAD within 2 hours... It is supposed to be a walk-in dammit it is clearly mentioned in the application form for EAD....Do rules vary from centre to centre???? Or is it that the Immig officer did not know what to do? I AM REALLY VERY SORRY about what happened to you...I understand the hurt and disappointment you went thru....Now I myself am getting very nervous...about my wife's and my next EAD.....God save us all....from US Immigration.

EAD Renewal

I485stage said:
God....I am so sorry Kumar.....But last year my own EAD took me over 120 days...So I went to Chicago centre WITHOUT ANY APPOINTMENT at all....and got my interim EAD within 2 hours... It is supposed to be a walk-in dammit it is clearly mentioned in the application form for EAD....Do rules vary from centre to centre???? Or is it that the Immig officer did not know what to do? I AM REALLY VERY SORRY about what happened to you...I understand the hurt and disappointment you went thru....Now I myself am getting very nervous...about my wife's and my next EAD.....God save us all....from US Immigration.

That really scares me. I have my 2nd EAD expiring on 07/08/05. Yes I will be going for a 3rd renewal. When do you think I should go for 3rd renewal?

GC7 said:
That really scares me. I have my 2nd EAD expiring on 07/08/05. Yes I will be going for a 3rd renewal. When do you think I should go for 3rd renewal?

GC7, If it is expiring on 07/08 then you should have applied on 01/08!! It is mentioned on EAD application that renewal EAD should be SIX months prior to expiry....so dont wait Go for it right NOW!!! Mine is expiring 08/15/05 I am planning to start gathering documents right away!!!

How To Start A New Thread???

Where the hell is the link to start a new thread.. I cannot find it. Can someone please let me know?

Thanks

New 485 Approvals

Hi Guys,

Did anyone get any recent 485 approvals??
Couple of my friends who have 485 ND Oct (03) first and second week got 485 approved in dec second week and Dec last week respectively.
Pl. let me know if anyone of you fall in this range.

Thanks,
Ram

My dates are
ND 140/485 Oct 28 '03
FP Oct 21 '04
LUD changed twice, Final change 11/30 '04

Still waiting to hear about 485

485 Approval

Hello everybody,
To my surprise :) , I got my 485 Approval email this morning. I have been a silent spectator for sometime. This forum has been really very helpful. I wish everyone good luck and hope everybody gets there approval soon.
Here are my details.

EB3 Lab Sub
140 RD : 11/2003 AD : 07/2004
485 RD : 12/21/2003 AD : 01/21/2005 No RFE

aski said:
Hello everybody,
To my surprise :) , I got my 485 Approval email this morning. I have been a silent spectator for sometime. This forum has been really very helpful. I wish everyone good luck and hope everybody gets there approval soon.
Here are my details.

EB3 Lab Sub
140 RD : 11/2003 AD : 07/2004
485 RD : 12/21/2003 AD : 01/21/2005 No RFE

Congratulations!!

Whats ur PD and Country of Birth ?

Approved

finally I got my 485 approved on friday, it has been a long wait after going thru hell bcos of my old lawyer...

I-485: ND 11/06/04 AD: 1/21/05

guys as I thought earlier my case was not stuck at name check the only thing i did was I applied for my EAD/AP renewal( i still did not receive a RD from INS) I am positive this led to my 485 approval.

if you guys know what I need to do next pls. advice

thanks a lot to all you guys for providing info. on this site.. I hope all you guys become alien's as well :)

I-485: ND 11/06/03 AD: 1/21/05

Prio. Date: 08/01

BTW my name is very common name... so dont worry abo. name check's