2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ETA-GC,

Thanks for adding my fingerprinting info. That info is new, but last time when I downloaded the file to add that info, a chunk of EAD, AP, I-140 info was missing in the EB3 group :confused: . Now everything looks fine.

ch2003, need your EB Category

ch2003 said:
Please add my info to tracker

Labour Applied 02/09/03 - Approval 04/29/03

I-140/I-485 RD 12/22/03 - ND 12/29/03
EAD AD 07/10/04 (After RFE, Lawyer misprinted my name :confused: )
AP AD 07/13/04 (After RFE,Lawyer misprinted my name :confused: )
FP 10/29/04
LUD on I-485 11/04/04 (on FP)
LUD on I-140 01/05/04 -- :mad: (no idea why my case is not touched)

I need your EB category to add your record

new updated processing date for Vermont - Nov 19

Saw that the case processing date has been updated to Nov 19th but NO CHANGE IN I-485 DATE! :mad: :(

Its still stuck at June 2003.

California is maintaining their hectic pace - I-485 date has moved on to Feb there.

Atleast Vermont is keeping up with CA in atleast updating their processing dates ! :rolleyes:

Does anybody know whether any other processing dates have moved further in Vermont - I-140, AP etc. ?

Retrogression of PD - further discussion

ETA-GC said:
Probably -- sounds like some people who are at the slower service centers will be penalized as a result. For that matter, we're starting to see some 2004 approvals and most of these people probably have a PD which is fairly recent (so once the PDs are no longer current, they've effectively jumped the queue...).

Keep in mind that current indications are that the priority dates will only move back for EB3 cases where the applicant is a native of India (affects many people here I realize), China and possibly the Philippines.

ETA

ETA,

The concept of retrogression of PD is a bit confusing for me.

1) Is there a way to track how many #of immigration visas out of a total # of them got used up per country (Ex: India) per FY 2003?

2) Let us say the PD cutoff gets determined as 10/01/2003 ( I am making up a date) which is much prior to say my ND:12/10/2003. Then does my case fall into the next FY 2004?

2a) In the case above, then does it mean that my case will not be even looked at until the PD becomes current again? If so, typically how many years does it take the PD to become current again? (best case & worst case ETA?)

Any contributions from people with greater understanding will be appreciated.

Cheers,
speedy1027

gctechie said:
Saw that the case processing date has been updated to Nov 19th but NO CHANGE IN I-485 DATE! :mad:

Don't forget that the change to 06/01/03 was largely bogus in the first place. There continue to be many, many applications with RD's prior to that date that still haven't been processed.

And, the fact that the VSC is apparently using 2 locations (with one location handling Apr-Oct 2003 cases and the other handling the rest) makes having a single processing date pretty meaningless (especially now that we are starting to see some 2004 concurrent approvals).

For a much better picture of where things stand, check any of:

+the tracker on this forum (or the 2004 tracker)
+the scans at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=977834#post977834
+the statistics on www.immigrationwatch.com (which, now that they're updating these more often, seem to be very, very useful)
+the statistics at www.rupnet.com
+case approval / activity posts in the I-485 forum

gctechie said:
:( Does anybody know whether any other processing dates have moved further in Vermont - I-140, AP etc. ?

I-765 (AOS) 11/15/04 +14 days
I-131 (AP) 11/1/04 +0 days
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability) 11/26/03 +6 days
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability NIW) 10/04/02 +2 days
I-140 (EB3 skilled worker) 09/29/04 +9 days
I-485 06/1/03 +0 days

See http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=978143#post978143 for more details.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracker Updated

Added a new entry for 'zico'. (approved on 11/18)
EB Category corrected to EB2 for 'pune2nj' (approved on 11/17)

News on my case......LUD changed for me and my wife yesterday (11/19). There was no message change. For me message says.....'Fingerprints received. Pending Review' and for my wife....'Fingerprint results received. Processing resumed'.

My wife did her FP on 10/25....almost one month after I did, as she was out of country. My guess is that USCIS was waiting for her fingerprints and not that they got it I should see normal course of action on both of our cases. I am hoping LUD change is a good indication.....I am looking forward to the Monday (which I don't do too often)

Come on! It's holiday season! We all deserve some good news!

knpguy2004 said:
Added a new entry for 'zico'. (approved on 11/18)
EB Category corrected to EB2 for 'pune2nj' (approved on 11/17)

News on my case......LUD changed for me and my wife yesterday (11/19). There was no message change. For me message says.....'Fingerprints received. Pending Review' and for my wife....'Fingerprint results received. Processing resumed'.

My wife did her FP on 10/25....almost one month after I did, as she was out of country. My guess is that USCIS was waiting for her fingerprints and not that they got it I should see normal course of action on both of our cases. I am hoping LUD change is a good indication.....I am looking forward to the Monday (which I don't do too often)

Come on! It's holiday season! We all deserve some good news!

Hellol,
That's good news. Our LUD's changed in a row and we got our approval after 8 days of our FP. So wait for a good news soon...Best of Luck...

speedy1027 said:
1) Is there a way to track how many #of immigration visas out of a total # of them got used up per country (Ex: India) per FY 2003?

Someone is obviously tracking these (which is why we're being forewarned that some PDs could move back) but I don't know how to get these numbers off-hand. Again the speculation is that the EB3 PDs will very likely no longer be current for natives of India, China and possibly the Philippines, presumably because the number of visas given out has approached the annual limits. Nobody knows for sure how far they'll go back at this point.

There's a huge thread on this subject here: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137755

and the latest bulletin at www.murthy.com has very good information on this issue.

2) Let us say the PD cutoff gets determined as 10/01/2003 ( I am making up a date) which is much prior to say my ND:12/10/2003. Then does my case fall into the next FY 2004?

Well, you didn't give your PD but if the PD cutoff goes back to only 10/01/2003, I'm guessing that you wouldn't even be affected. Your PD is the day that the LC for your case was filed and I'm guessing that this must be at least as old as 01/01/03 unless you got your LC done in < 10 months. My own PD is 01/04/02 and my I-140/I-485 ND is 10/23/03 fwiw.

Also, if you weren't born in one of the above-mentioned countries, or if you didn't file under EB3, my understanding is that you won't be affected at all...

Some people are speculating that the PD cutoff could go back into 2002 but we'll have to wait another couple months to find out...

2a) In the case above, then does it mean that my case will not be even looked at until the PD becomes current again? If so, typically how many years does it take the PD to become current again? (best case & worst case ETA?)

Again, in the above scenario you probably aren't going to be affected. I don't know much about how long it will take for PDs to be current again -- if they go back more than 1 year, I guess they could take at least that long to become current again unfortunately (for those who are affected).

ETA

try4gc said:
Could someone comment on the impact retrogression of PD could have on Oct 2003 (I485 ND) cases?

From what I understand, none unless:

+yours is an EB3 case
+you are a native of India, China (mainland) or (possibly) the Philippines
+the PD cutoff is moved to a date before your PD
+your case hasn't been approved yet

Also, your question is impossible to answer more fully without knowing your PD (the day the LC for your case was filed) and without knowing how far the PDs could regress. See my earlier post on this and check the links in there (this is really just a tracker thread and these questions really belong in the I-485 forum).

ETA

Retrogression of PD - further discussion

ETA,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and also pointing out the correct forum.

I posted my questions here as I did not know the relevant forum for the topic. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to any one.

Cheers,
speedy1027

ETA,

Thanks. I will post my details in the correct forum.
Wonderful job you guys are doing here with all the information sharing.

And, the fact that the VSC is apparently using 2 locations (with one location handling Apr-Oct 2003 cases and the other handling the rest) makes having a single processing date pretty meaningless (especially now that we are starting to see some 2004 concurrent approvals).

Thats interesting - would you happen to know which location is handling the Apr-Oct 2003 cases, and where they are at right now, i mean which month. My best guess is end of July / Aug first week.

btw my I-485 ND is about the same time as yours - 10/21/2003.

gctechie said:

Thats interesting - would you happen to know which location is handling the Apr-Oct 2003 cases, and where they are at right now, i mean which month. My best guess is end of July / Aug first week.

btw my I-485 ND is about the same time as yours - 10/21/2003.

FYI, the original post which contained this information was in the I-485 forum: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=147404&highlight=confirmed and the source was apparently a senator's assistant.

I don't know how to identify the locations -- for all I know they could be sharing the same building -- just that there are apparently 2 of them. This does seem to explain why there is/was less activity for Jan-Mar 2003 cases earlier.

We're currently seeing a lot of activity with July 2003 cases (with some activity in August also) so it seems that this is about where they are at currently. Your guess is probably pretty accurate :).

Apparently the location that is handling Apr-Oct 2003 cases is supposed to clear these by March 2005. For my own ND, I'm hoping to get approval by March, with decreasing odds of getting it before or after that time. Hopefully we will both be approved soon :eek:.

See the scanning threads and also immigrationwatch.com for a good overview of where things stand in terms of numbers (see my earlier posts in this thread for more details).

ETA

My I485 Approved today

Finally happened.. My I485 LUD changed on 11/4 ,11/19 and Approved today.

My I140 ND 09/18/03 AD 09/26/04

FP: 09/10/04

I485 ND 12/08/03 AD: 11/22/04

Checking online status everyday, makes me very tense and look the process took very long , but i couldn't help it.

I think most of the approvals are coming FP+3 months.

Thanks for all your help with the forum.Can somebody update my info into the excel sheet.

vinthas said:
Finally happened.. My I485 LUD changed on 11/4 ,11/19 and Approved today.

My I140 ND 09/18/03 AD 09/26/04

FP: 09/10/04

I485 ND 12/08/03 AD: 11/22/04

Checking online status everyday, makes me very tense and look the process took very long , but i couldn't help it.

I think most of the approvals are coming FP+3 months.

Thanks for all your help with the forum.Can somebody update my info into the excel sheet.

Hey vinthas - CONGRATULATIONS ! It is very heartening to know about your approval....Gives hope to everyone....
Just look at my stats:
EB3 CASE AT VSC
I140/I485 CONCURRENT FILING ND: 08/20/03
I140 APPROVAL DT: 06/03/2004
FP DONE DT: 09/14/2004
STATUS UPDATED ONLINE ON SEP 20TH 2004 SAYING "YOUR FP RECEIVED SEP 20,2004..PROCESSING HAS RESUMED".
NEXT ??
My dates seem to be ahead of yours but no approval so far...Is it because of EB3?
I have an India trip planned on Dec 24th - Jan 8th on Advanced Parole....I am getting very very tensed about that...What if approval comes thru a couple days before Dec 24th?? What options would I have?
I am just praying that approval either comes right away or does not come at all before Dec 24th.....