2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Tracker Updated

Added I-140 / I-485 approval info for NY_OR.

This was a concurrent I-140/I485 approval (EB1, I-140 ND: 07/10/03 I-485 ND: 01/20/04, AD: 11/18/04). Did FP early (originally scheduled for 12/10/04 which obviously allowed earlier approval). LUD change with no message change on 11/08/04.

Also added RFE info for CSB_123 (ND: 02/06/03 RFE on 11/18/04).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations NY_OR

I am new to this forum. Here are my details..
MY GC story.........
I140/I485 RD : 1/27/03
EB3 Substitute LC
EAD AD: 12/29/03
I140 Approval Date : 5/20/04
FP: ????????? :confused:
LUD Updates: 9/20/04

Does any have any idea why my LUD changed and I got no notification of any sort at all..Also I updated xls with my details.

massMBA said:
Does any have any idea why my LUD changed and I got no notification of any sort at all..Also I updated xls with my details.

Welcome to the 2003 tracker!

In *some* cases people have been approved in 2-8 weeks or so after their LUD changed (with no change to the status message). I don't think that is always the case though (I don't know the %).

BTW, the tracker is kept sorted by the I-140 ND (even though USCIS goes by RD) and uses the I-140 / I-485 ND's for calculations. I went ahead and fixed this.

ETA

EB3 ConCur - irreg pattern of approvals for I-485

I sorted the excel file by Cat & then 485 approval, and noticed the pattern for I-485 approval only for Nov 2004 - based on ND for concurrent filers. Approvals are all across the board with the earliest being 1/13/03 (Nidhi) and latest being 12/13/03 for Destiny.

There is no predictable pattern for approvals – I wonder what triggers an approval ahead of time from the trend, which currently seems late July 03. Delay from the trend could be for Name Check, RFE or something like this.

Looks like its just another hit or go phenomena where in approvals are made randomly.

Any Ideas? Or is it just I with this observation.

-Thanks

uNeverKnow said:
Looks like its just another hit or go phenomena where in approvals are made randomly.

My best guess is that they have some officers scanning ahead looking for "easy" cases (no address issues, AC-21 not used etc.) and approve them if everything is ready (I-140, FP, name check). Most cases aren't easy and end up getting approved months later. Some cases are "hard" (name check takes a long time, difficult employment situation, less than obvious qualifications for job etc.) and these can take 1-2 years longer...

If you haven't already done this, take a look at the processing stats at www.immigrationwatch.com. I haven't been a big fan of this site in the past (their data always seemed to be out of date) but they seem to be updating more often now.

From what I can tell, they are tracking *every* type of case at every service center. See the attached shot for example. This shows the status of all cases which were filed in 2003 (87459 of them). This is very informative data (their forum is still pretty weak though).

ETA

Question on Advance Payrol or Travel document?

I applied for AP for my family. Can they leave this country, before they get the approval. AP means re-entry permit papers only. As per my understanding, they need to have at the time of entry only. Is this coorect?

Can any body flush some light :confused: on this question?

Thanks in advance.

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for

goose_doodle (ND: 05/06/03 AD: 11/19/04)
mman1234 (ND: 02/13/03 AD: 11/18/04)

ETA

skriyaz said:
I applied for AP for my family. Can they leave this country, before they get the approval. AP means re-entry permit papers only. As per my understanding, they need to have at the time of entry only. Is this coorect?

Can any body flush some light :confused: on this question?

Thanks in advance.
It all depends if you or your family member is not using EAD at all and is till using H1 or H4 then you may not require AP as the time of re-entry
But if any one has used EAD then that person must have AP at the time of re-entry.
If I were you I would not travel outside without proper docs even if AP may be required at the time of reentry. This being general information - further consult your lawyer who could best advice you in your specific situation!

At the time of leaving, AP is necessary?

uNeverKnow said:
It all depends if you or your family member is not using EAD at all and is till using H1 or H4 then you may not require AP as the time of re-entry
But if any one has used EAD then that person must have AP at the time of re-entry.
If I were you I would not travel outside without proper docs even if AP may be required at the time of reentry. This being general information - further consult your lawyer who could best advice you in your specific situation!

When they (wife & daughter) leave this country no body will look, they are carrying AP or not?.

They need to show them at the time of entry only.

Is this coorect?. If this is correct, Why they need to wait for AP?.
They never used EAD.

skriyaz said:
When they (wife & daughter) leave this country no body will look, they are carrying AP or not?.

They need to show them at the time of entry only.

Is this coorect?. If this is correct, Why they need to wait for AP?.
They never used EAD.
skriyaz:

As soon as you leave the US with a pending AP you are abandoning your petition for AP which could lead to abandonment of AOS aplication as well. Sure, they will not stop you from leaving but if at entrance they find out, who knows if they will let you in or not. PLEASE consult a LAWYER before you take any action.

On the other hand, this is a traker forum, please visit the following link to the apropiate forum http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Thank you

++++++++++++++++
I am NOT a Lawyer - This si not legal advise

Updates to the tracker - well kind of

Hi,

I was trying to really figure out if the June 2003 processing date for I-485 is real, so I started researching cases that have not been approved in 2003.

Here are some updates for ND in January and February 2003.

Rafiq123abc – I-485 approved 10/30/04 – verified GC Plastic Card tracker posted 11/16/04

DOM2004 – transferred to Newark local office

CSB_123 – received RFE 11/18/04

Vausa – last post April 2004 - OUTDATED RECORD?

NewYorker012 – transferred to New York local office

Herenow – nothing relevant - STILL AROUND

AfterGC – Unclear post but maybe approved already

Abc12321 – Asking funny questions about I-485 getting approved without I-140 approval. Maybe approved already?

Yoyoni – Haven’t heard from him since March ‘04 - OUTDATED RECORD?

KKDGC – maybe approved

Ma_am – Invalid user

M101 – Nothing relevant

Bobroh – Last post May 2003 - OUTDATED RECORD?

Just wanted to let you know, you can choose to ignore

Tracker Updated

JustWatching said:
Rafiq123abc – I-485 approved 10/30/04 – verified GC Plastic Card tracker posted 11/16/04

DOM2004 – transferred to Newark local office

NewYorker012 – transferred to New York local office

Thanks for compiling this information! I went ahead and updated the tracker accordingly for the above (the others may very well be approved / obsolete but unless we know for sure there's no point in updating the tracker). This will help make it a bit more accurate (less pessimistic).

If anyone has any corrections/updates to the above, post them here and I'll take care of them or go ahead and edit the tracker yourself (keep the same name and keep it sorted by the I-140 ND).

% COMPLETED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP AND I-140 DATES GIVEN...) 52.2%
% COMPLETED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP DATE GIVEN...) 45.2%
% COMPLETED (OUT OF CASES WITH I-140 APPROVAL DATE GIVEN...) 30.5%
% COMPLETED (OUT OF ALL CASES) 21.9%

ETA

Add info to tracker

Please add my info to tracker

Labour Applied 02/09/03 - Approval 04/29/03

I-140/I-485 RD 12/22/03 - ND 12/29/03
EAD AD 07/10/04 (After RFE, Lawyer misprinted my name :confused: )
AP AD 07/13/04 (After RFE,Lawyer misprinted my name :confused: )
FP 10/29/04
LUD on I-485 11/04/04 (on FP)
LUD on I-140 01/05/04 -- :mad: (no idea why my case is not touched)

FP Notice

I don't see most of my info in the file anymore.

I hope whoever is modifying the file know what he / they are doing
b'cos my EAD, AP, I140 info was there even a couple of days back.

However, since I don't understand what happened to the file,
could someone who understand, please update my FP Notice info:

ND: 11/13/03
FP Notice Date: 11/10/04
FP Date: 12/14/04

Cheers,
expected

expected said:
I hope whoever is modifying the file know what he / they are doing b'cos my EAD, AP, I140 info was there even a couple of days back.

FWIW, I went back quite a few days and didn't see any earlier version of the spreadsheet that has your FP info in it...

And, searching this thread, I don't see any post by you apart from this one...?

Anyway I added your FP info -- everything else was already there...

ETA

ch2003 said:
Please add my info to tracker

Labour Applied 02/09/03 - Approval 04/29/03

I-140/I-485 RD 12/22/03 - ND 12/29/03
EAD AD 07/10/04 (After RFE, Lawyer misprinted my name :confused: )
AP AD 07/13/04 (After RFE,Lawyer misprinted my name :confused: )
FP 10/29/04
LUD on I-485 11/04/04 (on FP)
LUD on I-140 01/05/04 -- :mad: (no idea why my case is not touched)

I haven't been adding new people to the tracker (selfish reasons -- I just don't think it's all that useful to add more cases and updating approvals keeps me busy enough :p) but maybe someone else will. They'll need to know which EB catagory you're in though...

ETA