2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

FP Processed LUD status changed

Done FP on Nov11th at Newark...
got the email yesterday!....mine is EB3 485 ND 11/25/03

On November 16, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Hi all,

My details....EB3 - non concurrent

I-485 ND - 09/15/2003
Finger printing done on 10/26/2004.

EAD renewal applied

The Status has changed to FP received and processing has resumed...

My waiting has resumed...

I485 Approved

Hi Everyone,
After a long wait my 485 has been approved. Still waiting for my husband's to be approved. I have updated the tracker.
I have to go for passpot stamping to the INS office in Arlington, VA. DO I have to get an appointment or just walk in? Any information/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks!

No update since 10/28

The LUD never changed after 10/28. I see cases where LUD changed 3-4 times, any opinion.

Can some one explain why the RD and ND in my case has so much time difference.

RD : 140/I1485 - 10/30/2003
ND : 140 - 1/14/2004
ND : 485 ?
FP1: 10/21 recd by cis 10/27.
Waiting .. for rest of it... till when no idea.

Usundare said:
After a long wait my 485 has been approved.

Congrats -- we now have just over 1 out of 5 cases in the tracker approved/transferred...

I thought that everyone had to use INFOPASS to make the stamping appointment these days (you also probably need to bring passport style photos).

ETA

I-140 not yet!

Hi guys,
I am new here to this forums.My freind told me about this forum.
Thing is applied I-140 and I-485 concurrently on Dec 22nd,2003 and i received notices on Dec 29th,2003.
EAD approved on 07/13/2004 and AP approved on 07/14/2004 after RFE's.
I went to FP on 10/29/2004 and I-485 is updated on 11/4/2004 to reflect the change.
Regarding I-140, no change at all and i can see my application not even touched. Its really worrying me since my co-worker got I-140 approval
(same ND date, same employer).
Is this normal or rare case? I saw some posts for tracking or running some reports that "this number filed.... these number approved"... blah blah
please can some one run report for Dec 29th,2003 date?
Any suggestions always appreciated

Thanks

ch2003 said:
Hi guys,
I am new here to this forums.My freind told me about this forum.
Thing is applied I-140 and I-485 concurrently on Dec 22nd,2003 and i received notices on Dec 29th,2003.
EAD approved on 07/13/2004 and AP approved on 07/14/2004 after RFE's.
I went to FP on 10/29/2004 and I-485 is updated on 11/4/2004 to reflect the change.
Regarding I-140, no change at all and i can see my application not even touched. Its really worrying me since my co-worker got I-140 approval
(same ND date, same employer).
Is this normal or rare case? I saw some posts for tracking or running some reports that "this number filed.... these number approved"... blah blah
please can some one run report for Dec 29th,2003 date?
Thanks

The majority of people whose I-140 has a RD/ND in 2003 got the I-140 approved, in most cases, at least several months ago, so it's definitely unusual that yours hadn't been approved yet.

The good news might be that your case has been selected for concurrent adjucation meaning that they could approve your I-485 and I-140 at the same time, possibly before the rest of us 2003 filers (most of us have not yet had our I-485's approved -- see the tracker for details).

ETA

Finally.... I485 APPROVED

Yahoooo !!!

Finally I-485 approved on Nov 16 for me an my wife.
Can someone please update the status....
Now, waiting for the approval letters and stamping.

Eta-gc

ETA-GC said:
The majority of people whose I-140 has a RD/ND in 2003 got the I-140 approved, in most cases, at least several months ago, so it's definitely unusual that yours hadn't been approved yet.

The good news might be that your case has been selected for concurrent adjucation meaning that they could approve your I-485 and I-140 at the same time, possibly before the rest of us 2003 filers (most of us have not yet had our I-485's approved -- see the tracker for details).

ETA

Not totally correct. I might be the other soul waiting for my 1-140. ND 07/28/2003. Nothing touched after April 04. Lawyers messed up my FP notice finally got my FP done last week even though they had applied for reschedule. No issues with it. Worrying that only 2 folks here in 03 are waiting for 1-140..

to all

Is there any body out there - who has not had his LUD updated after having done an early FP on or around 09/25/04 at the Newark facility - and has confirmed return of FP results to INS from the FBI
Its been a while and my LUD as not changed.
Any Inputs would help - thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA-GC said:

ETA

Thanks for the reply.
but how can we make sure that my case has been selected for concurrent adjucation? I heard this news.. not sure where it came from..
It seems my lawyer called USCIS about my status and as usual,USCIS insists that a reply will be in 30 days, but no reply from USCIS.
is this normal? or by default they have to reply in 30 days?
I am not sure whether really my lawyer called USCIS... can i find status of I-140 myself? how?
Suggestions please

Thanks

ch2003 said:
Thanks for the reply.
but how can we make sure that my case has been selected for concurrent adjucation? I heard this news.. not sure where it came from..
It seems my lawyer called USCIS about my status and as usual,USCIS insists that a reply will be in 30 days, but no reply from USCIS.
is this normal? or by default they have to reply in 30 days?
I am not sure whether really my lawyer called USCIS... can i find status of I-140 myself? how?
Suggestions please

Thanks

It sounds like your lawyer has already initiated a status inquiry. Once/if the 30 days are up, ask him if he'll initiate another (and another if necessary -- depending on your EB catagory the VSC official date could be way past your RD at this point).

I'm not sure that you can initiate status inquiries yourself for the I-140 since this "belongs" to the sponsoring company.

I don't know of any way to determine that your case has been selected for FOM (concurrent) processing unless the status check tells you this. There have been a couple of 2004 FOM cases recently so maybe they are starting to handle 2004 / some late 2003 cases this way (but again, this is just speculation on my part).

You might also want to make sure that your name check has cleared (search the forums for info on how to do this) but this wouldn't slow up the I-140 approval as far as I know.

Hang in there -- your case might be doing just fine (although can understand the frustration at not getting the I-140 approval out of the way, especially if you are considering AC-21).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
hrithikroshan11 said:
There is a quota of employment based GC's that can be issued in a year. The cases are getting approved left and right in california, thus using the quota. One of the reasons for priority dates retrogressing is because lot of GCs have been issued in first quarter of FY 2005. Does it mean that applicants from other service centers will be left clueless for a while if the quota limit is reached early? Is this a valid concern?

Probably -- sounds like some people who are at the slower service centers will be penalized as a result. For that matter, we're starting to see some 2004 approvals and most of these people probably have a PD which is fairly recent (so once the PDs are no longer current, they've effectively jumped the queue...).

Keep in mind that current indications are that the priority dates will only move back for EB3 cases where the applicant is a native of India (affects many people here I realize), China and possibly the Philippines.

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Congrats -- tracker updated.

ETA

Thanks ETA. Its amazing to know that USCIS is getting so much better. I did my early fingerprinting on Oct 14th; and there was no activity on the case status and LUD...

Yesterday, I received email at 6:34PM about my finger printing being received on Oct 20 and processing resumed. And at 7:05PM , I received the confirmation that the case is approved... Thats in 30mins...

Its good that I cancelled my visit abroad; I was supposed to fly today and I would have been in the gray area that migt became an issue..Well gues what nw it doesnt matter anymore...

Wish you all - best of luck...

joyd said:
Guys,

Based on some requests for a combined thread for 2003, I merged the different trackers into one. It makes sense to have a single tracker considering the fact that it is taking so much longer to get approvals now-a-days. It is also beneficial to see the progress in one place. Hope you all like it!

Joyd

PS: I had taken the latest trackers as of 16th March from the following trackers jan, mar, apr-may-jun, jul-aug-sep, oct-nov-dec.

485 approval column have no entries, I remember previous updates had few entries, is there any reason it is left blank

485at85 said:
485 approval column have no entries, I remember previous updates had few entries, is there any reason it is left blank

Yeah -- try looking at the latest tracker, not the first one :).

ETA

I485 Approved!

Hi Everybody,

I cannot believe that they started this year's cases. Here are my case details:

I140/I485 RD : 1/29/04
EB3 Substitute LC
EAD 4/27/04
I140 Approval Date : 9/7/04
FP: 9/9/04
LUD Updates: 9/16 11/8
I485 Approval Date : 11/16/04

Changed my address recewtly & sent AR11 last week. Wondering where the copy of the Approval notice will be mailed.

This forum is very useful. Good luck to everybody.