2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

username - rubs
ND 09/02/2003
EAD AD 11/05/2003
AP RFE 11/25/2003
AP AD 04/01/2004
I-140 AD 05/20/2004
I 485 FP ?

Recieved RFE on I140 and I-485

I140 RFE

Education Evaluation---- I am not sure why i recieved this rfe because i am BE computer science

I-485 RFE

An original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire,duties,remuneration and prospect for continued employment.
Submit your earnings statments for the last two months.

Guys i need your suggestions regarding the address on pay stubs?
I did not inform INS and lawyer regarding my address change because my friend is staying at old adress and farward all my mails.
But my paystubs have new address?How can i manage this issue?

You don't need to file AR11 if you can continue to receive mail at your old address. Quote from USCIS webiste "You do not need to include temporary addresses as long as you maintain your present address as your permanent residence and continue to receive mail there."

Also, I was looking at your RD/ND details. I'm impressed that you have an Aug 2003 date and have received an RFE on your 485 already...Wow!

K
tiger2025 said:
I140 RFE

Education Evaluation---- I am not sure why i recieved this rfe because i am BE computer science

I-485 RFE

An original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire,duties,remuneration and prospect for continued employment.
Submit your earnings statments for the last two months.

Guys i need your suggestions regarding the address on pay stubs?
I did not inform INS and lawyer regarding my address change because my friend is staying at old adress and farward all my mails.
But my paystubs have new address?How can i manage this issue?

Last Update Date - after you log on to BCIS Case Status Online

After I logged on to BCIS Case Status Online as a "Customer", the Last Update Date for both my cases(I-140/I-485) is show as 04/01/2004.

Does it mean that both would be reviewed at the same time ????????

My RD is : May 05 2003.

Did it happen to anyone.
Please respond.

Friends I-140 denied

My friends I-140 denied---- reason Company Ability to Pay
No RFE issued directly denied.
I think his ND is around 09/30/2003
According to him company size 30 people.And he was working with that company from three years

Question

Friends,

I got my AP and EAD last month, now I am expecting my I-140 to get cleared in a month or so! I have already passed 6 months of my I-485. So if my I-140 gets cleared tomm, what should I do to switch company? What all I need from the new employer? What are the information I need to submit to INS? Will it anyway result in the denial of my green card process? Please guide me.

Thanks in advance,
Antro

EADs were approved finally.

After 6 months of long wait, USCIS approved our EADs finally. Ironically, this morning I went to local USCIS office and got the IEAD.

I wish, they could have waited 2 or 3 weeks more, before approving our EADs, so that I could have got the EADs for more than 1 yr.

Yampati
140/485/EAD ND 11/25/03
140 AD 3/22/04
EAD AD 5/25/04

My I 140 is approved yesterday.

:D

Hi All,
My I 140 is approved yesterday.
ND: Sep 8, 2003
AD: May 24, 2004.

EAD ND: Feb 12, 2004
I-485 ND: Feb 12, 204.

Any one can update Excel Sheet, please?

Is there any condition to stick with the Employer?

When can I change my Employer safely?

Please advise me...? :confused:

how much time generally AP takes

I am trying to find out this, does the time for Advanced Parole for children and adult differs.Last month my I140 got approved, In order to file I485, my son(11 yrs) has come here, now I have completed all the paper work for I485,AP,EAD and sent to my company's immigration section.
Since he is studying well in India, we are thinking of sending him back after he gets the AP. So I am trying to find out this, how much time does AP takes(cincinnati oh).

By this Dec, I am completing 6 years on H1B. If I send my son now back even before getting the AP, does he loose the green card process totally? or Is it better to send after we get the AP, so that still I can bring him back withing one year on AP to renew it again. How much time, the AP will be given, I mean is it for 1 year or 6 months.

My friend might be effected by this Memo

tiger2025 said:
My friends I-140 denied---- reason Company Ability to Pay
No RFE issued directly denied.
I think his ND is around 09/30/2003
According to him company size 30 people.And he was working with that company from three years

USCIS Memo on Ability to Pay

The USCIS issued a memorandum (Memo) on May 4, 2004, addressing the circumstances under which an adjudicating officer should issue a Request for Evidence (RFE) pertaining to an employer's ability to pay the offered wage in a "green card" case. As part of the USCIS's backlog reduction plan, they intend to amend the regulations that address issues of proof regarding ability to pay. In the interim, the Memo is intended to direct adjudicators as to when to issue RFEs on the ability to pay aspect of a case and when to simply make a decision based on the documents submitted. This Memo was issued by William R. Yates, Associate Director of USCIS Operations on the subject of determining an employer's ability to pay under 8 C.F.R. 204.5(g)(2).

The issuance or non-issuance of an RFE can have a significant impact on the outcome of a case. Historically, cases were never denied without an RFE and a chance to respond to any perceived deficiencies. However, as explained in our May 7, 2004 article, USCIS Memo: More Denials, Fewer RFEs, a separate May 4, 2004 Memo altered this. The change in practice and policy is of great concern to immigration practitioners and our clients. In the past, some cases would receive RFEs and, after submission of additional legal argument, explanation, and/or evidence, the cases would often be approved.

Ability to pay is an important aspect of all employment-sponsored green card cases. Essentially, the concept is that, in order for an employer to be in the position to offer a job, that employer must have the financial capability to pay the wages being offered for the position. Ability to pay is measured at the time the job is initially offered, that is when the labor certification is filed, and ability to pay must continue throughout the course of the case until the I-485 is approved. This is a significant aspect of the I-140 portion of the case and is now often being asked before issuing the approval on the I-485 adjustment of status application as well. Ability to pay can be a somewhat complex issue, as it cannot always be resolved simply by reviewing the bottom line of the employer's tax returns. We have recently written an article on this subject to be published in the May / June 2004 issue of AILA's Immigration Law Today. Historically, many RFEs have been issued addressing ability to pay concerns.

Guidelines

The Memo sets forth the following guidelines for the I-140 filing and when the adjudicators must issue an RFE. These are set out below.

Documents for an I-140 Approval on Ability to Pay

Petitioners or employers must file I-140 petitions that are fully complete, meaning no required items are left blank, along with the initial evidence addressing the ability to pay. The initial evidence that is required under the regulations includes, in the alternative: (a) annual reports; (b) federal tax returns; or (c) audited financial statements. At least one of these items must be submitted. If the USCIS adjudicator finds that portions of the I-140 petition are blank pertaining to the date the business was established, the number of employees, or the gross / net income, then the examiner must issue an RFE on these matters. The examiner must also issue an RFE if the I-140 petition is filed without at least one of the required pieces of initial evidence.

Evidence Sufficient to Issue an Approval

If the case is filed with the required initial evidence, the adjudicators do not have to issue an RFE to request additional proof of ability to pay. The Memo indicates that the adjudicators should make a favorable decision if the case contains proof of one of three specific matters. The first is that the company's net income is equal to or greater than the wage that is offered. The second is that the company's current net assets are equal to or greater than the offered wage. The third is that the petitioner is employing the beneficiary and paying the beneficiary a wage in an amount equal to the prevailing wage.

Concerns Not Addressed in the Memo

What is not addressed in this Memo is whether the case will be approved based upon a combination of the three specified types of cases. In many instances, the beneficiary will be working for the company but will have earned less than the offered wage for a number of reasons. The company's net income may be slightly below the offered wage. The net income, however, may be sufficient to make up the difference in the actual wage and the offered wage. Thus, it ordinarily would be argued that these two items combine to prove that the company can pay the required or offered wage. The Memo is written in an either / or fashion, which often may not match with real-life situations.

The Memo states that, if the required initial evidence does not establish the ability to pay, the case can be denied without an RFE since the petitioner has the burden of proof.

Employer's Other Financial Documents

Petitioners or employers sometimes provide various types of financial documents, rather than the standard initial evidence or, in some cases, in addition to the standard initial evidence. These statements include documents such as profit / loss statements, bank account records, and personnel records. Under the regulations, the adjudicators are not required to accept or request financial statements from employers with more than 100 employees in order to establish the employer's ability to pay. Adjudicators do not have to accept or request additional financial evidence from any employer. These requests are discretionary under the explanation provided in the Memo. Therefore, cases can be denied without RFEs if the initial proof is not sufficient to establish the employer's ability to pay.

In the event that the adjudicator chooses to accept different or additional financial documents, the documents are required to clearly establish the employer's ability to pay. If there are any doubts, the adjudicator can deny the petition, and does not have to issue an RFE to clarify the evidence that they were not even required to accept.

Denials Should be Clear and Specific

A denial is required to be written in a manner that clearly and specifically explains the reasons for the denial.

Fraud Should be Referred to FDU

Cases will be referred to the Fraud Detection Unit (FDU) if the adjudicator has articulable reasons for believing that any documents submitted are not legitimate.

Conclusion

We hope that any reduction in RFEs will result in more approvals rather than more denials on this important matter of an employer's ability to pay the required wage. We will closely monitor cases where ability to pay could be a concern and will advise MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers if there are any discernable trends in I-140 processing as a result of this Memo.

tiger2025 said:

So your 485 app had an RFE generated without even the FP getting done? They cannot possibly approve the 485 w/o the FP check. I thought they wouldn't even look at the 485 w/o the FP check being complete, but your experience obviously negates the overall trend so far.

Strange are the ways of the USCIS...

Friend of mine told me that VSC has recruited 40+ adjudicators in the past few weeks. May be he is "NEW" ???

Thanks
-prgc