2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Is AP required?

My lawyer says: "as long as you have valid H1, you don't need AP. You can exit and enter any number of times using H1(valid), evenafter you get EAD"

- Is this correct?
- I have not applied for AP (according to my lawyer). Should I go for AP or not?

I have a favour to ask from all active members of this forum, if you see any approvals related to this tracker and don't see it in the tracker, please update the tracker. A lot of times people post it in independent threads and then forget about updating the tracker. It's in our interest to keep the tracker up to date. We will be using this tracker to track even 485 (either here or in the 485 forums), so let's keep it in good shape.

Re: Is AP required?

Originally posted by bloody_labor
My lawyer says: "as long as you have valid H1, you don't need AP. You can exit and enter any number of times using H1(valid), evenafter you get EAD"

- Is this correct?
- I have not applied for AP (according to my lawyer). Should I go for AP or not?

Yes you don't need AP as long as you have Visa Stamp in PP along with the Approved H1.

AP is purely for traveling outside USA. So the Visa Stamp in your PP would care of that.

AP Question

hmd and all,

What if my AP has been pending ,I485 is lost (my attorney did not receive notice ) and I decide to go out of US for some time ?

I learn in this forum that, valid H1 holders need to show I485 receipt at the time of reentering US, else whole GC process becomes void. Is that true?

How does immi officer understand if our I485 is pending?

Since I do not have I485 receipt, I would have to have approved AP despite I have valid H1??

confusing..

-In CIS We Trust. God Bless Us

Re: AP Question

Originally posted by GCJaisaKoiNahi
hmd and all,

What if my AP has been pending ,I485 is lost (my attorney did not receive notice ) and I decide to go out of US for some time ?

I learn in this forum that, valid H1 holders need to show I485 receipt at the time of reentering US, else whole GC process becomes void. Is that true?

Since I do not have I485 receipt, I would have to have approved AP despite I have valid H1??

confusing..

Are you talking about reentering the US on H1 beyond 6 year limit? coz if you are within the 6 year limit, you would need just the H1 stamp and probably the original 797 form right?

Re: AP Question

Originally posted by GCJaisaKoiNahi
hmd and all,

confusing..

1. Do you have valid H1 and is your PassPort(PP) has valid visa Stamp
If yes then no need for AP.

2. If No is the answer to 1 then you need AP. Now regarding Officer asking for I485 receipt Notice(RN) at POE(port of Entry) I DON'T KNOW

added later. This is one of my friends experience. went and Came from India on AP . the Officer asked him to wait and took AP Doc and came back after one hour or so . What he did was checked his Database. so it depends on the officer i guess ... This is only for ppl using AP

3. Since you don't have RN for I485 ask your lawyer to contact CIS and ask for duplicate.

4. I don' think your GC process will get void if you have valid H1 and visa Stamp in you PP even if your not carrying RN for I485 at the POE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: AP Question

Originally posted by joyd
Are you talking about reentering the US on H1 beyond 6 year limit? coz if you are within the 6 year limit, you would need just the H1 stamp and probably the original 797 form right?

even if your on 7 th year extension it is the same. As long as you have valid H1 and Visa stamp in your PP i think your ok to travel.

I am on 7 th year extension which will expire in few months.

I could have gone visa stamping last year (send it missouri it will take 3 months last i heard) but i chose not to and got AP for other reasons. if you want to know why send me an PM .

Updated Tracker

My I-140 was approved

RD: 7/10/03
ND: 7/24/03
Approval: 4/16/04
Category: EB3

No RFE. That's 267 days, or pretty much exactly 9 months. From looking at the recent tracker results, this seems in line with other recent approvals.

Roland

Are these approvals real?

Hi,

The dates o n the web site says 'processing May 15'. How come applications with RD 7/20/03 are approved?

Confusing...

---------------------------
RD: 7/10/03
ND: 7/24/03
Approval: 4/16/04
Category: EB3
---------------------------

Re: Are these approvals real?

Originally posted by worldmonitor_1
Hi,

The dates o n the web site says 'processing May 15'. How come applications with RD 7/20/03 are approved?

Confusing...

That's been discussed many times before. That date is date to which they have completed processing. ie they are saying all cases before 5/15/03 should have been adjudicated one way or the other and hence, if you are before that date, you should call them.

At any given point they are working on a batch of applications and there's always a spread between the oldest and the youngest.

Hi,

You do not need AP for travelling if you have a valid H1 and Visa stamp in PP.I am on a 7th year extension and I travelled to Canada twice this month. I do not have AP and I never did apply for one.

Is there anything attorney to do for AC21

Hi folks,

I want to know on using AC21 Option after recently getting I140 approval .I have EAD Approval with me and my 485 is pending from July 2003.My attorney told me that i have to pay 1000 bucks fee to apply for AC21 Option-Changing the employer.
Any thoughts abt this.If thats the case,do we need to apply for AC21 everytime we change our employers ,till we get our 485 approval??..

Thanks a lot

Re: Is there anything attorney to do for AC21

Originally posted by somethingbuddy
Hi folks,

I want to know on using AC21 Option after recently getting I140 approval .I have EAD Approval with me and my 485 is pending from July 2003.My attorney told me that i have to pay 1000 bucks fee to apply for AC21 Option-Changing the employer.
Any thoughts abt this.If thats the case,do we need to apply for AC21 everytime we change our employers ,till we get our 485 approval??..

Thanks a lot

That is bunch of BS as far as i know wrt paying 1000 bucks to employer . Check AC 21 Portabilty thread under VSC I485 thread.

Regarding applying AC 21 everytime you change employer until I485 approval technically yes but lot of ppl ( from what i gather on this forum ) just wait for RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there anything like applying for AC21, but I may be wrong. All one has to do is write a letter to BCIS about your change of employer and thats it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check with another lawyer.
Or Check on other websites like murthy.com or immihelp.com

yep there is No "Applying " it is more like Informing CIS about your intention to change the jobs..

similar to Address change.