2002 Priority Date and still waiting

tajinder

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 receipt date is Aug 16, 2007 (Priority Date July 2002) but approval is nowhere in sight.
My lawyer submitted inquiry through AILA and USCIS acknowledged that within 90 days a response shall be given. 90 days have passed and another AILA inquiry has been submitted.
Its been almost 2 years since I-485 receipt date.
What are my legal options of redressal - congressman/suing? Anyone in this situation?

I just got another FP notice (15 months after my previous FP) and got it done asap (much before aptmt date because I am traveling to get my H1B stamped and keep it active)

Received a notice for RFE for I-485. Not sure what it is for until I see the mail. Is anyone else receving RFE?

Contact your local congressman. Couple of my friends did and in their cases, at least there was some momentum.

Good luck

SRK

Thanks SRK. My attorney is using AILA to take up the case with UCSIS. Apparently, I shouldn't go to the congressman if AILA route is being used. Anyone out there with similar experience.

Your priority date is not current, if you are EB2/India. You have to wait.
Agreed. Congressman, Ombudsman, Senator cannot do anything to get the case completed if your PD is not current. All you can do now is respond to the RFE when it arrives.

Correction: EB2 India is at Feb 2004, so the PD of July 2002 would be current right now. However, the June bulletin pushes the cutoff back to 2000, and certainly the Ombudsman and legislators aren't going to do anything to get your case decided over the weekend, so for all practical purposes the July 2002 PD is in the same boat as not being current.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard about the retrogression getting in effect this Monday. 2000!!! Do I have to wait 15 years before getting 485 approved?!

The dates will probably move up to something not so prehistoric when October arrives. The severe retrogression is due to the tiny number of green cards remaining available to be granted for this fiscal year.

still pending

PD: 09/02

my wife case is still pending. my case has been approved TWO years back. afterall, she is dependent. USCIS sucks!

I just got denied on my wife's application saying I already have a permanent residenct status approved on 5/26/2009 (referencing my 485 case)!!
However, my 485 case still shows pending online status. I called customer service and am not getting a clear response. Any clue as to what's going on?

Finally got an approval notice dated July 14, 2009 (Supposedly when my PD wasn't current?!)
We really need to fix this process. Is there a movement that I can join or do I have to start one?

Finally got an approval notice dated July 14, 2009 (Supposedly when my PD wasn't current?!)
They said your case was approved back in May 26, and your PD was current at that time. It just took them a long time to send out the approval notice. The approval notice often shows the date the notice was printed, not the date the case was approved.

Have you received the physical card yet? Does it show a "resident since" date of May 2009?

I haven't received the physical card as yet. I have received only the approval notice. You are probably right about adjudication in May. I'll let you know what the card says once I receive it.

It doesn't make sense that they denied your wife's case because yours got approved. What was the wording of the reason in the denial letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you got it right. My derivative on her application got denied. She and I are both primary applicants (of course applied via our respective employers). She is still active on my case and hasn't gotten an approval notice.