2002 ND - Please raise your hands

ideatoaction

Registered Users (C)
Looks like fewer approvals.Cases are all struck waiting for security clearance.

ND :Nov 21 2002
3 EAD/3 AP Approved last week from CSC.

Latest Status : Case undergoing additional security check/Please allow 180 days before making next inquiry.

please post

Thanks !

Stuck !!

Still Stuck.. Don't know where ?
NSC says contact local office. Local office is still waiting for TEMP (???) file..

KoolKat
WAC-02-119-#####
ND Feb. 2002

Hi Senior Guys!!,

It is really hard for u ppl!!!

Latest Status : Case undergoing additional security check/Please allow 180 days before making next inquiry.

The same message for most of the people r getting??Can u explain what is that??

Regards
Kabish
:(

2002 nd

my details..
------------------------------------------------
485 received: dec'02
fp1: feb'03
rfe: apr'04 (tax returns, company annual report)
fp2: 3/2/05 (don't know if this was due to lawyer's inquiry)
lud: 3/4/05

many LUDs

donkeykong
You know my theory about LUDs. My case fell down under officer's desk and every time his/her dog takes damp on my file, LUD changes.

Name check

I inquired with CSC before and they kept repeating "detailed review". Now it turns out that detailed review is FBI name check. I guess "additional review" or "additional check" is also name check.

When my case was stuck in name check, senators and congressmen all said they can't do anything about it... Just email the FBI and cross fingers.

ganshm

change jobs

Can you please give some suggestions on changing a job during waiting I-485?
My I-140 (E1-B) was approve in July 2002 and my I-485 was submitted in August 2002. However, my I-485 was still not approved until now.
I have been working in a university at California since 2001. Recently, I received an offer from a local company. The new job will start on 6/1/05.

Can I use my EAD card to work in the company? Are there any negative effects on my I-485 approvement if I change my job?

I appreciate any suggestions and comments for clarifing my brain in this issue.

Similar case here

slow485,

I worked in a university in California, too. There are many posts on this board and other web sites about changing jobs before I-485 approval. And I did change my job before I-485 approval.

Basically your EAD (C 9 category) has no restrictions on work. As long as your I-140 has been approved and i-485 has been pending for 180 days, you can change your job.

After I changed my job, I just pull a sample AC21 letter from some web site and changed it to my information and mailed it to CSC, and that's it. No problem at all.

One risk you need to bear in mind is the stability of your company job. If you lose that job and CSC happens to send you an RFE requesting paychecks, tax returns, etc, you will have to find yet another job very quickly.

Just some simple thoughts.

ganshm

count me in, buddies!

Just talked with local senator and his office called CSC and FBI. The feedback is my name check "sounds like" have been cleared and received by CSC. But unfortunately my wife's name check is still pending, which has sit in FBI for more than "2 years".... And the most unlucky thing is my wife is the primary applicant. Both of us are just very very ordinary human being and we didn't commit any crime anywhere. What the heck is the reason for this kind of long heart-wrenching torturement... As the guy said above, the senator couldn't do nothing with the name check still pending in FBI. The only thing we can do is waiting and keeping the peace in our heart....

My details:
I485 RD/ND - Dec,2002
First FP, Feb, 2003
Second FP, August 2004
Send enquiry to CSC and FBI by email, phone, Fax. No reply until called for the help from senator....

peaceinheart

I have an unproven theory about FBI name check. It is based on experience posted by many people in the last year.
Fbi has to answer to senators and congressmen. Usually the answer is "this case is pending". After that senator/congressman's staff sends to an applicant letter: "your case is pending, we can't do anything". Surprizingly, in the following 2-3 weeks a lot of namechecks are finished. But not all of them.
So my theory is:

To answer to senator/congressman fbi person has to look into the pile of waiting namecheck requests and find the one they are asked for. (It is only in movies fbi has everything in computer, i'm sure in real life they have just printed requests from cis) After sending the answer to senator/congressman, the fbi person doesn't want to spend time and put the request back deep into the pile and just throws it, so it lands on the top of the pile. Another fbi analyst, who actually takes the requests from the pile and does checking, comes to this pile on the next morning and takes several requests from the top. Unfortunatelly, some fbi workers are too dilligent and they put the request back to the same deep place in the pile where it was initially.
So my observation is that the more senator/congressman requests are sent to fbi, the higher is the probability that name check will be finished soon.
To check my theory I asked 2 senators and 2 congressmen to send a requests to fbi. I have asked them with 2 - 3 weeks between each other. 3 of them have sent the requests and from one i recently got an answer that he will send it soon.

I sent several letters and emails to fbi about the status but never got any response. But 3 weeks ago i got 2nd fingerprint notice and did it on the next day. It may be a good sign (but may mean nothing).

peaceinheart said:
Just talked with local senator and his office called CSC and FBI. The feedback is my name check "sounds like" have been cleared and received by CSC. ....

Peaceinheart,

USCIS didn't initiate my name check request until a couple months ago. I am wondering what is my name check status but have no way to get FBI's response. I am think about seeking help from Senators too ... But one of senator refused to help me for this sensitive name check issue before . So I like to know which senator did you talk to? How long did it take for his office to get FBI's feedback? Thanks.

thanks

Many thanks for inspiration.

Can you please post a sample letter to local senators for requesting name check status in fbi? I want to try to write to local senators since emails and calls don't work for namecheks in fbi.

I-140 pd:07/02
I-485 revd: 08/02
2nd fp: 08/04
when ...........?