2-year home residency requirement - has anyone proved that they have completed it?

vacuum

Registered Users (C)
I am currently fulfilling my 2-year requirement from a previous J1 I had 7 years ago. After that, I switched to F-1 and H-1B but last spring after being denied a waiver I decided to go back and get it over with. My husband will file a petition for me for a GC and I am interested in hearing from people who have gone through the process of proving that they have fulfilled the 2-year stay to the USCIS - what questions they had, what documents did they request, how difficult was the process?

Thanks.

Who are the moderators of this forum, it needs a good cleanup from spam!!!!

I actually did that. I included an Excel sheet with all the days I spent in my home country. I included photo copies of my passport stamps and went back to look at old airline tickets to find out when exactly I entered and left the US. You have to prove 730 days in total (but can be with interruptions).

I actually did that. I included an Excel sheet with all the days I spent in my home country. I included photo copies of my passport stamps and went back to look at old airline tickets to find out when exactly I entered and left the US. You have to prove 730 days in total (but can be with interruptions).

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I was also under the impression that my vacations I spent back home count as time spent. Is there a place on the web where I can look at info about that? Please let me know if you can think of anything else.

nscagony,
Thanks for the info. Which visa were you in while accruing the time?
I had a fulbright and don't think I have a chance to get a waiver. I'm considering accruing the 2HRR time too, since I'm an o1 visa and have more 3 years to go. Do you know if the time I spend going home while on o1 visa also counts?
Thanks!