2 TN's, 1 expiring soon

Alta Al

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am on 2 TN's. 1 for a Subsidiary and 1 for it's Parent. The TN for the subsidiary TN will expire in mid December and the Parent company TN will expire in late January. I have been working on projects for both companies; however my discussions with the COO indicates that they will not be pursuing any new contracts under the Subsidiary, and consequently, I will not be working on any of the Subsidiary's contracts past the December expiry of the I-94.

It is my assumption that I can wait to turn the expired I-94 into the Canadian Border Services agent when I travel to the POE in mid January, to apply for a new TN for the Parent company.

Is there any downside to waiting until January to return the expired I-94 or should it be sent in sooner.

Thanks,

Al

For you, returning the I-94 at any point is really optional. You are in status, and are remaining in US after the expiry of that I-94 in any event.

The purpose of handing over an I-94 (which would be to a Cdn official anyways) is to prove that you have left US at or before the date indicated on the I-94. For those who get another status, or file for extension, or who, like you, continue in the same status, failure to return an I-94 has no consequence. Thus handing the I-94 back has even less effect.

Have them both with you when you go for your renewal in january, and the CBP officers will do with them as they please (which will most likley be tear them up).

Last edited by a moderator: