2 Concurent H1B and Cap to no Cap Transfer

ginger_anna

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My husband has H1B (cap) and now is thinking of accepting a teaching position at a university, so there won't be a cap. He'd like to also keep his current job on a part-time basis, so can he have 2 concurent H1B sponsored jobs?

Another question - if he only takes that university job and transfers his H1B there, even though there is no cap for the university position, the years he will work there will still count towards the 6 year limit, right? As I understand these 2 things (cap and 6-year limit) have nothing to do with each other. Is this correct?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
My husband has H1B (cap) and now is thinking of accepting a teaching position at a university, so there won't be a cap. He'd like to also keep his current job on a part-time basis, so can he have 2 concurent H1B sponsored jobs?
Yes
Another question - if he only takes that university job and transfers his H1B there, even though there is no cap for the university position, the years he will work there will still count towards the 6 year limit, right?
I think it is correct.