2 Checks or one check, and few other comments

desihai

Registered Users (C)
Hi I am about to apply for USC in 2 weeks. Just going over completed applications and instructions. I am applying from Fremont area in California. When I apply the fee, should I send one check of 400 or two checks of 330 and 70. I am not able to figure out from FAQ or instructions.

Took my photographs in Costco. Never it is mentioned that glasses should be removed, but Costco person mentioned it has to be off! There are so many minor things like this.

Also the address or California is
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
California Service Center
P.O. Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1040

Please confirm!

Thanks
I will keep you all posted of my timelines once I mail my forms through USPS Priority Mail! I got my tax transcripts, a speeding ticket document/proof of payment from Virginia. So document collection seem over.

Good luck! I have no answers for your other questions, but can say that you only need to send ONE check for $400.

Hi I am about to apply for USC in 2 weeks. Just going over completed applications and instructions. I am applying from Fremont area in California. When I apply the fee, should I send one check of 400 or two checks of 330 and 70. I am not able to figure out from FAQ or instructions.

Took my photographs in Costco. Never it is mentioned that glasses should be removed, but Costco person mentioned it has to be off! There are so many minor things like this.

Also the address or California is
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
California Service Center
P.O. Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1040

Please confirm!

Thanks
I will keep you all posted of my timelines once I mail my forms through USPS Priority Mail! I got my tax transcripts, a speeding ticket document/proof of payment from Virginia. So document collection seem over.

Hi,

To answer your first question, you need to write two seperate checks 330 and 70. Combined checks are not allowed.

Secondly, the picture should be without glasses and no smile at all :(. Just natural expression and your eyes should be looking at the camera.

One check for $400 is perfectly fine. Most people do this. ninja786, why do you think a combined check is not allowed?

Hi,

To answer your first question, you need to write two seperate checks 330 and 70. Combined checks are not allowed.

Secondly, the picture should be without glasses and no smile at all :(. Just natural expression and your eyes should be looking at the camera.

I don't agree with ninja786. I sent a $400 check (just one check) and everything was processed just fine. Secondly, there is no such written rule of taking pictures with or without glasses, atleast not in my knowledge. I gave camera a nice smile and my pictures were accepted. It's your call if you want to have your picture taken with a serious look or not. I personally would show a little smile on my face. Pictures sometimes do reflect your personality. Before I forget to mention, don't forget to wite your A # on the back side of the picture with a pencil.

I would send 2 Checks

I mailed 2 checks (one for 330 and for 70) but I made them payable to USCIS. A few days later I got the 70 dollar check back with no explanation as to why it was returned, but my 330 dollar check was already cashed so I was a bit relaxed. After another week or so I got a letter stating I need to send a $70 check payable to USCIS.

Also, I made sure to note my A # at the bottom of the check for reference.

Good luck.

Manita

For heaven's sake why is this so difficult .... ONE CHECK/CHEQUE is all that's needed and 99.9+% of us just send the one !!!!! :) ;) :)

True

For heaven's sake why is this so difficult .... ONE CHECK/CHEQUE is all that's needed and 99.9+% of us just send the one !!!!! :) ;) :)

I agree with you rwsh. We have other major issues to worry about rather then sending one check or couple of checks. When we get so careful in these little issues, we end up making mistakes and that is why that $70 was returned back to our candidate.

And, I believe they are supposed to be made out to the department of homeland security.

From what I can tell, either one or two checks/cheques both work fine.