• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2 affidavit of support ?

truffy

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I won dv2010.....I was wondering,since I am married if I need to get 2 affidavit of support,one for me and one for my wife or if one is enough for me.....since i am the main applicant..also the supporting documents fom the sponsor(bank balance...)are a must or not?
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
You need an affidavit of support just for you but it has to cover the amount that is required for all the persons traveling with you. So the amount will be higher for 2 persons than for one...for every additional person it will be higher.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...erty+guidelines+2009&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This is the amount you need to bring to the US or have a sponsor. It explains how much for 1 or more persons and you have to look if you are going to be in one of the 48 States or in the other ones.....

If you don't have the funds and proof where the money came from since you can't get a loan and pay it off after the interview....you must have either an employer or a sponsor.

job offer

Hi come back with an un-answered question.
The spouse of main applicant (winner) got a job offer. If that ok? Is Affidavit of support still required?

The focus is on the main applicant not his dependants. The main applicant should show one of the three options: 1) affidavit of support, 2) job offer, and 3) have some lump sum of money in their account or other properties that is convertible to cash.

ok, these are the facts:
- dependent (spouse) has job offer
- one bank account - bank certificate 30k USD - but only spouse name is listed
- joint account (main applicant and spouse) checking account - 10k USD

Should we try to get an affidavit as well? Just to make sure..

Call KCC and ask them or a lawyer. Most people are just in the same process and can't tell you a 100% sure...