15 months passed since 485 filed...No change in status message

orangetreats

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Please take a look at my signature....

Status message on USCIS website has not changed. It is still showing
the followin message
"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on August 13, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

What up with this ?????? :(

See my details

I-140 ND-08/12/2003, AD-04/18/2004
I-485 ND-08/12/2003, AD-??/??/????
FP1 - 9/30/2004 done
I485 LUD - 10/06/2004 (FP recd/case resumed ), 10/28/2004 (no change in msg), 10/29/2004 (no change in msg)

eb3 is taking more time after Fp

i think numbers running out news may be cause of this . we are seeing more approvals in eb2 after fp pretty quick .this is just random thought .

orangetreats said:
Guys,

Please take a look at my signature....

Status message on USCIS website has not changed. It is still showing
the followin message
"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on August 13, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

What up with this ?????? :(

There are many people in the same boat. For the 08/25/03 cases that I've been scanning (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=987047#post987047) 31% (59 out of 189 cases) are still showing "Received" and their LUD hasn't changed from the time the case was submitted. The number is dropping every time I check it though (e.g. by 13 cases in the last 7 days).

ETA

Have you called up FBI to know the FP1 status ?
Any mail you have written to FBI to check about "name check" ?
Your case was touched on 10/28, 10/29. Hope for the best

I had the same message till

I got approved. The only LUD change was 2 weeks before approval. While its frustrating to not know whats going on, I believe you must be very close to getting approved if not approved already:) If you get the approval letter in the mail today - dont forget to invite me to the party :cool:

Good Luck and keep the faith.

One more with the same fate...

My case is similar to Orangetreats, I have some extra action cos of undelivered 140 notice to my employer which I guess has been sorted out but as far as 485 is concerned no action after they have FP results...
Wait for that D day....

Count me in..
I'm there everythere in 140 as well as 485.

No change in LUD/mesg even after 1st FP. same with the spouse too

MD_Rockville said:
Have you called up FBI to know the FP1 status ?
Any mail you have written to FBI to check about "name check" ?
Your case was touched on 10/28, 10/29. Hope for the best

I have not yet contacted FBI regarding my "name check" via email...Will make sure I do the same ....

Thanks for the suggestion

jrinny said:
I got approved. The only LUD change was 2 weeks before approval. While its frustrating to not know whats going on, I believe you must be very close to getting approved if not approved already:) If you get the approval letter in the mail today - dont forget to invite me to the party :cool:

Good Luck and keep the faith.

I will ... btw...congrats on your approval ...all the best in your future endeavours

srikanti said:
i think numbers running out news may be cause of this . we are seeing more approvals in eb2 after fp pretty quick .this is just random thought .

Its really random. Even many EB2 are in the same boat.

ND :7/2003
FP: 10/2004

Hi Orangetreats

If your status has not been updated ask them to update it by writing a letter with your A#'s. They will do it. In my case my status was not getting updated after getting finger printed. I wrote a letter and sent them the proof of finger printing.. the receipt. This advice was given to me by an Immigration Officer. After I sent the letter my status was updated. Hope this helps.

I am strictly a lay person and am not responsible for any advice I post here.

hi,

we did our FP too, but i don't remember getting any receipt after FP done. My status is also not updated, its been over 2 months since we did our 1st FP. Do you have the address and letter format to mail a letter?

There is no receipt notice as such after you get finger printed. When we got finger printed the guy who did our finger printing stamped and signed a sheet if I remember correctly. It is a copy of that sheet I sent to USCIS as proof. I just typed a formal letter to USCIS requesting them to update my status.. there is no format as such. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: