140 Denied - Jim Mills, Silly Man, experts, Gurus ..pls advise!!!!!!

linuxrox

Registered Users (C)
Subst LC (EB2).
The original LC was lost. So filed for 140 (not concurrent) in 2003 with a copy of the LC.
RD: Feb 10th 2003.

First RFE: came in may 1st week, 2003, on companies Tax returns for the last 3 years and a letter from the company that they didnt use the LC for anyone else, responded by june last week.

second RFE : (received on aug 15th 2003)
1. Asking for original LC as the letter from company said that the LC was not used for anyone till now. Attorney replied in the response that INS should contact Labor dept for a duplicate copy per the below regulation.
( http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/faqsanswers.asp#perm12 )
2. My sponsoring firm is a small firm, so INS dug out all the H-1s that the company had till now and asked why the firm had so many H1s (close to 40) compared to only 15 working right now. So they asked for a detailed list of who joined when and who left when and positions. This has been compiled and passed on to attorney.
3. Whether the beneficiary (yours truly) is on-site or with company project and if on-site proof ..so the RFE response included the copies of the last 2 client contracts.
(response to second RFE sent and received at INS on oct 30th, deadline was Nov 5th 2003).

Denial Notice received on 01/31/2004.
It basically said the classification of the 140 requires a original of the Labour certification, which is not there and hence is denied, you may not appeal on this.
It also said, in the response to the second RFE you mentioned that USCIS should contact DOL for duplicate of the LC, but since USCIS did not loose it, we cannot request DOL ..(or something to that effect).

This fundamentally means the above DOL link, which says that DOL can be requested for a duplicate by INS applies to only those LCs which have been lost by INS/BCIS/USCIS and not if the Employer or Attorney looses it. Is this TRUE ??

Can this case be revived at all ?? Is there any hope ?
Or is this an open and SHUT case?

My WAC: wac03101*****

:mad:

linux, this is not a good news. Sounds like the only option they are giving you is to refile for labor and pretty much restart the process. I don't think the notice precludes you from doing that.

Anyway, my situation is that I have joined a job that makes me work 16 hours a day 7 days a week, so I really don't get time to read all of these messages or long ones. But your particular message, I have raised it to Rajiv's attention. This requires an experienced eye.

Originally posted by linuxrox
Subst LC (EB2).
The original LC was lost. So filed for 140 (not concurrent) in 2003 with a copy of the LC.
RD: Feb 10th 2003.

First RFE: came in may 1st week, 2003, on companies Tax returns for the last 3 years and a letter from the company that they didnt use the LC for anyone else, responded by june last week.

second RFE : (received on aug 15th 2003)
1. Asking for original LC as the letter from company said that the LC was not used for anyone till now. Attorney replied in the response that INS should contact Labor dept for a duplicate copy per the below regulation.
( http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/faqsanswers.asp#perm12 )
2. My sponsoring firm is a small firm, so INS dug out all the H-1s that the company had till now and asked why the firm had so many H1s (close to 40) compared to only 15 working right now. So they asked for a detailed list of who joined when and who left when and positions. This has been compiled and passed on to attorney.
3. Whether the beneficiary (yours truly) is on-site or with company project and if on-site proof ..so the RFE response included the copies of the last 2 client contracts.
(response to second RFE sent and received at INS on oct 30th, deadline was Nov 5th 2003).

Denial Notice received on 01/31/2004.
It basically said the classification of the 140 requires a original of the Labour certification, which is not there and hence is denied, you may not appeal on this.
It also said, in the response to the second RFE you mentioned that USCIS should contact DOL for duplicate of the LC, but since USCIS did not loose it, we cannot request DOL ..(or something to that effect).

This fundamentally means the above DOL link, which says that DOL can be requested for a duplicate by INS applies to only those LCs which have been lost by INS/BCIS/USCIS and not if the Employer or Attorney looses it. Is this TRUE ??

Can this case be revived at all ?? Is there any hope ?
Or is this an open and SHUT case?

My WAC: wac03101*****

:mad:

This matter was as brought to my attention by Silly_Man.

Call me. I will give my input. No charge.

Rajiv Khanna and Silly man

You are simply great. Hats off for your servces to the community.

Originally posted by Silly Man
linux, this is not a good news. Sounds like the only option they are giving you is to refile for labor and pretty much restart the process. I don't think the notice precludes you from doing that.

Anyway, my situation is that I have joined a job that makes me work 16 hours a day 7 days a week, so I really don't get time to read all of these messages or long ones. But your particular message, I have raised it to Rajiv's attention. This requires an experienced eye.

Starting the whole process is definitely an option and I can pursue that option through another employer as well, so that this case doesnt haunt me!
Thanks Sillyman, for bringing this to Rajiv's notice. I left an email to Rajiv already with my denial notice and shall talk to him tommorrow.

thanks again
Rox

thats great news to hear from rajeev ji and sillly man.

lets hope for the best in this case. He / she surely needs help/ Pls do the needful

We will dumbo

Originally posted by dumbo
thats great news to hear from rajeev ji and sillly man.

lets hope for the best in this case. He / she surely needs help/ Pls do the needful

:) Nice name.

I had this happen in a case that I was handling once. Your attorney needs to do a request to correct a service error. Send it to the Center Director in charge of the service center that denied your case.

I did that and INS (it was INS at the time reopened the case in a couple weeks.

Your attorney will have to spoon feed the law to USCIS. This is not the time to be subtle. The regulations say that you must ask INS to get a duplicate from DOL, you asked them to and now they MUST request the duplicate from DOL.

I think Jim Mills is right. My labor approval was lost in mail and my attorney requested the INS to get a copy from the labor dept and we filed the I140 and I485 concurrently. My I140 approval came in 5 months...

Good luck...

Thank you Jim and Kadamtal.
Tommorrow i am talking to Rajiv. Hopefully i should also be in a position to revive this.
Jim: Do you have any idea if there is a timeframe within which my attorney needs to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: 140 Denied - Jim Mills, Silly Man, experts, Gurus ..pls advise!!!!!!

Originally posted by operations
This matter was as brought to my attention by Silly_Man.

Call me. I will give my input. No charge.

Rajiv you are awesome. Thanks

Re: Re: Re: 140 Denied - Jim Mills, Silly Man, experts, Gurus ..pls advise!!!!!!

Originally posted by Silly Man
Rajiv you are awesome. Thanks

You still owe me a cup of coffee now that you have fully moved.:eek:

Re: Re: Re: Re: 140 Denied - Jim Mills, Silly Man, experts, Gurus ..pls advise!!!!!!

Originally posted by operations
You still owe me a cup of coffee now that you have fully moved.:eek:

You are absolutely right .. I've joined this job from hell that makes me work 16 hours a day .. I'll call you and lets hookup.

Thank you Jim and Kadamtal.
Tommorrow i am talking to Rajiv. Hopefully i should also be in a position to revive this.
Jim: Do you have any idea if there is a timeframe within which my attorney needs to do this.

Well, you have 30 days to appeal a denial. However, USCIS should correct a service error any time. I'd still file it within 30 days of the denial if possible. If not possible file ASAP.

Jim Mills i need your opinion...for others...tips from my case....

My 140 denied, coz of my lawyers mistake. he wrote a wrong company name on my 140 application. we tried to explain USCIS when a RFE was generated. but USCIS denied the petition.
we filed appeal explaining everything. but on the appeal receipt notice also the USCIS have mentioned that wrong company name.

2 times we had tried to file the 140 with correct name, but USCIS sent back the fees and application, asking us to submit original labour again.

Jim, now my lawyer was thinking to refile the petition telling USCIS that this labor was misfiled from him and get a copy from DOL. will this be allowed to apply 140 again, when the same labour for the same person is lying in appeals court.

thank you

APPROVED - sigh of relief!!!

Guys
my 140 got approved. Followed Rajiv's advice, had attorney follow up with the AILA liason contact and got a confirmation from Attorney that AILA contact informed the attorney that CSC requested for my labor cert from DOL on april 15th.

On april 30th, i received an email from USCIS that my 140 has been approved.

This has been the toughest 3 months for me, as i had to quickly switch to another firm, and file for my labor cert. But with the 140 approval, i shall be back to my old firm and file for 485. Well, this advice was again given by Rajiv.

Words fail me in expressing enough gratitiude to Rajiv.

Re: APPROVED - sigh of relief!!!

On april 30th, i received an email from USCIS that my 140 has been approved.
Congratulations !!
It's really great news.

Thanks Kashmir!!
Hope i will be very soon on the 485 band-wagon and start pitching in with my $0.02 ..to all of your projects.

Keep up the great work that you have been doing!!

--Rox