140 Approved!!

tammy2,
I understand where you are coming from. But you maintain status with the pending 485 and AC21 becomes relevant at time of interview- this is my understanding.
So if you claimed unemployment in between you should be OK. The whole purpose of the unemployment benefit system is just eaxctly that. And we all have been paying taxes(heavily if I may)- so the benefits should come to us.
If you are suggesting people meanwhile should flip burgers or whatever- that was not the intention of the unemployment system.

Basics of Unemployment Insurance

Let's start by looking what the heck is UI? Why is it there?

Any other information exploring this will be helpful for all those
who are troubled in this transition period and do not want to flip
burgers with the amount of hard work (do not forget taxes) you have
paid.

----------------------------------------------
Unemployment insurance (UI) provides benefits to workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. Unemployment insurance is just that insurance. It is a temporary income protection program for workers who have lost their jobs and who are able to work, available for work and looking for employment.

Funding for UI benefits comes from contributions paid by the state's employers; no deductions are made from workers' salaries. Employers pay quarterly contributions to the Division of Employment and Training (DET). Each employer's contribution rate is based upon that employer's experience with layoffs and the UI benefits paid to former workers who collected during the prior year. This is why your employer may choose to protest your claim for benefits, particularly if you left your job voluntarily or were fired for good cause.

What they ask for when you file for unemployment ?

You must provide verification that you were legally eligible to work
and that you are currently eligible to begin a new job.

Please be prepared with this verification.

sb_tiger, you made a good point, use it or lose it, right?

Originally posted by vsc_babu
What they ask for when you file for unemployment ?

You must provide verification that you were legally eligible to work
and that you are currently eligible to begin a new job.

Please be prepared with this verification.

sb_tiger, you made a good point, use it or lose it, right?

Unemployment benefit is a rights issue. It is a person's right to claim for it. Whether the person chooses to execise the right or not should be left to their own discretion.

Being on "AOS pending" is being in status. With an EAD a person is legally eligible to work and he is currently eligible to begin a new job.

hth
dyno

Re: Re: I140 Approved EB2

I have I-140 RD 10th May 2002.
EB2 , still pending, not kidding.
Anyone in same category ?

Originally posted by Sanga
despo140:
You serious with your ND of 04/12/2002? I think it should read 12/04/2002. CONGRATULATIONS.

Snowbell:
You should see some light now - as we see lots of EB2 approvals. May be VSC is after EB2s for a change, as we see it in last couple of days not many EB3 approvals or I-485 approvals --Only EB2s.

Wish all EB2 backlog will be cleared before VSC choose to put 'em back on the rack.

I-140 delays

snowbell and nowhere123,

I seriously think u guys should call INS and verify ur cases....It should not be taking this long...Its over 485 days isn't it?? Ask ur respective lawyers to handle this case professionally...Good luck

Guys I have a question, Does claiming unemployement benefits gets reported on your credit history.? I cannot confirm this but somebody told me this. So if it gets reported then you will have tough time to get a loan.

Thanks Magician!

Thanks for your suggestion. My attorney has sent a letter to VSC asking about my status, few weeks ago! (She did this after much perusasion. Initially she declined and said -- "too many queries to VSC will create ill-will". I have to argue strongly because my receipt notice says the processing time will be 30-110 days)

Has anyone claimed Benefits?

Nobody answered the question- has anyone with pending GC claimed Unemployment Benefits or consulted with a lawyer about it?
Thanks

Originally posted by gccrak
Guys I have a question, Does claiming unemployement benefits gets reported on your credit history.? I cannot confirm this but somebody told me this. So if it gets reported then you will have tough time to get a loan.

UI has nothing to do with credit history. I know people who were on UI and bought houses recently. They didn't have any trouble. Ofcourse you have to get a job before buying a house to get the confidence of the creditor.

hth
dyno

hello could you kindly share the detials of ur application like: nos of publications, awards etc.
thansk
Arjun

Re: Thanks Magician!

snowbell,
my attorney also sent letter to VSC 2 weeks back..
what's your I485 RD ? mine is Sep 24th 2002.

Originally posted by snowbell
Thanks for your suggestion. My attorney has sent a letter to VSC asking about my status, few weeks ago! (She did this after much perusasion. Initially she declined and said -- "too many queries to VSC will create ill-will". I have to argue strongly because my receipt notice says the processing time will be 30-110 days)

Re: File your 485!

Originally posted by snowbell
Please file the 485 based on your i-140 receipt notice. That way, VSC would touch your i-140 and may start processing your i-140.

If your employer or attorney is against filing 485 , convince them. Otherwise you will be loser! Don't trust your employer trust this discussion board...

Hi
Is it true that I140 filed with I485 option are approving faster than with CP option.
i read someones thread here that her attorney told her thatI140 applications with 485 undergo more scrutiny than the other.
shed light if u know anything

anushri

Not a problem

Anushri, it does not matter if you file your I140 and I485 simultaneously. Upto last month applicants with I140 based on EB3 category had faster approvals. However last week there were lots of movement in EB2 based category for I140. Its better for your to apply both together.

140/I-485 concurrent filing

Anushri,
You are absolutely right...There are lot of advantages applying I-140/I-485 together....Apart from security issues you get your EAD/AP within 3 months....CP is almost dead now. CP used to be a great option couple of years ago. EB2 or EB3 has nothing to do in recent trend of approvals ...you can see both the categories having their slow/fast faces. Best of luck !

Magic

Stop posting / discussing issues in this thread

Please post only 140 approvals in this thread, every time I see something posted here, I lookup with the hope that some more 140 approvals came, but I lookup and find some issues posted.

Although I didnot start this thread, the purpose of this thread is just lost....:mad:

Good news guys!! My I-140 finally got approved after about a year... Not bad considering what I have seen for others (more than 2 years or so) Now I have to wait for I-485. Not sure when that will come thru... Here is the latest message

This case has been approved. On December 11, 2003, an approval notice was mailed.

Keep posting your status and best of luck:D