140 Approved!!

tellmewhy

Registered Users (C)
ND 11/27/02

AD 12/01/03

EB2

EAC03061xxxxx

Good luck to everyone, and I'm just thrilled to see the approved status on line!!

First, Congrats!

I am just wondering how VSC works. I submitted my application on July 2002 (EB2) and so far I have not got any responses. Do they work in time order and just randomly pick up some lucky birds for a winter holiday gift?

I-140 APPROVED

After 13 months of nail biting wait, my I-140 has been finally been approved. This board and its people are really good; for those who
are awaiting processing, be patient, every dog has its day :D

MD : 10-18-2002
ND : 11-06-2002
AD : 11-26-2003

It was under EB2 and touch wood no RFE's, good luck to all.

anish74...

Yes, they are approving cases randomly. Did you file 485 after filing I-140?

On Friday, I spoke to a BCIS IIO (?!) and he said they are currently processing EB2 cases with priority date 05/26/02 ... He is suggesting to write a letter to VSC about the delay in my case...

I-140 RD:06/11/02 ND: 06/12/02 AD: When Pigs fly
I-485 RD:09/19/02 ND: 09/26/02

snowbell how to know priority date

You say according to IIO EB2 is processed for priority date 05/26/02. How can I one find the priority date from the I140 receipt?

Is it the date that labor department receives the labor application?

EB3 will also see approvals

No need to panic. EB3 approvals also happen in the USCIS's processing world. EB2 was stagnant for a long time...may be USCIS decided to give some hopes for EB2 people, which everyone deserves. You will also have your turn...patience is the key.

I140 Approved EB2

Good News!! Finally long awaited I140 is approved in EB2 category.
ND 04/12/2002
AD 12/01/2003

Good luck to rest!!!

Rajudm..

snowbell how to know priority date
You say according to IIO EB2 is processed for priority date 05/26/02. How can I one find the priority date from the I140 receipt?

Is it the date that labor department receives the labor application?

The Labor approval / receive date is not used here. The IIO meant the Receipt date on the I-140 Receipt Notice, as Priority date. RD is on the left top corner on your notice

Re: I140 Approved EB2

despo140:
You serious with your ND of 04/12/2002? I think it should read 12/04/2002. CONGRATULATIONS.

Snowbell:
You should see some light now - as we see lots of EB2 approvals. May be VSC is after EB2s for a change, as we see it in last couple of days not many EB3 approvals or I-485 approvals --Only EB2s.

Wish all EB2 backlog will be cleared before VSC choose to put 'em back on the rack.

Originally posted by despo140
Good News!! Finally long awaited I140 is approved in EB2 category.
ND 04/12/2002
AD 12/01/2003

Good luck to rest!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
snowbell

I haven't filed I-485 yet. Do you think it worth filing now? Would it make it faster?

I think maybe we all should write letters for complaint of the cases. Only by doing this, this long sucking EB2 case can get more attention from them.

File your 485!

Please file the 485 based on your i-140 receipt notice. That way, VSC would touch your i-140 and may start processing your i-140.

If your employer or attorney is against filing 485 , convince them. Otherwise you will be loser! Don't trust your employer trust this discussion board...

friends

Is the person eligible for Unemployment Insurance, in the foll scenario ?
1. I-485 pending more than 180 days
2. Approved I-140
3. Holding EAD card

Get a job dude !!!

In response to :

friends

2. Approved I-140
3. Holding EAD card

-----------------------------------------------------

this person is eligible for something better !!
He can get a job without filing H1.
So why not do that instead of getting unemploment Ins.

Rasmeek

Originally posted by vsc_babu
friends

2. Approved I-140
3. Holding EAD card

Many believe that one need to be in valid status to claim unemployment benefit. Even a H1B person who is laid off can claim for unemployment benefit. But many attorneys suggest against it. Claiming for unemployment benefit have no bearing on your current status as far as you have paid your taxes.

That said, the friend is ekligible for unemployment benefits.

This link might provide some insight.

hth
dyno

to add :
(4) Unemployed and hit with a layoff.

thanks dyno for the link.

Has anyone experienced making claims and are there any future
possible problems towards a GC.

Maybe you can claim unemployment

dynobuoy ,
The link you provided clearly states H1B - workers are eligible.
...The basic principle is that an immigrant worker will need to have valid employment authorization both at the time s/he earned the wages and at the time s/he is looking for work. ...

Has anybody with GC pending applied for unemployment?
I think the popular belief is claiming unemployment would adversely impact a pending GC. In reality that may not be the case. You just need a job at time of interview.
Guys if anyone has specific experience or has consulted a lawyer should share the information.
I would contact my lawyer and try to find out.
Thanks
:confused:

It is not clear about GC and the un-emplacement benefits relation. Now a day’s people are scared even about using AP while in the GC. Who would want to take such a risk of getting such benifits?
If you are taking such a benefit you are declaring that you do not have sponsorerer whether you use AC-21 or any thing you need to have a sponsoring company.

Instead of availing such benefits why cannot work you do some other job till you get job in you field?