140 Approved EB3 10/16/03

pdwantgc

Registered Users (C)
Got a copy of the approval notice from my lawver .
EB3 10/16/03 approved on 4/16/03
Now long wait for 485

My ND is about 5 days after yours.
With the recent issues around the new procedures the service centers are implementing, I'm not sure should I be glad or not about the possibility of getting my i140 approved soon :).
At least it provides AC21 protection.
Congrats and good luck with your i485 !!!

So whats the theory on this one people :) ...IS it cause pdwantgc didnt apply for EAD concrrently they processed this cause faster?? cause his ND is 10/16/03 ! he didnt get an RFE ..so i wonder if there is connection....anyway congrats !!

good to know oct cases are being touched..:)

Hi,
I am new to this forum.
I see the processing dates as Aug 6 '03 .
Is anyone waiting for appoval in and around these dates

RD: 07/30/2003
ND: 08/04/2003
Non-Concurrent and EB3
EAC-03-224-5xxxx

Thanks,
rams76

Originally posted by ar13
My ND is about 5 days after yours.
With the recent issues around the new procedures the service centers are implementing, I'm not sure should I be glad or not about the possibility of getting my i140 approved soon :).
At least it provides AC21 protection.
Congrats and good luck with your i485 !!!

Seems to me that unless you want to leave the position for which the I-140 was done and do a job that is different from the one on the LC (which would require the green card), then there's nothing wrong with having to wait for the I-485.

If your current position is stable, no problem -- you'll eventually get the 485.

If you switch to a more stable / better position (same job description), no problem -- you'll file AC21 and eventually get the 485.

On the other hand, if you don't get the I-140 and you have to wait, say, another 6+ months to get it and the I-485 together, you will be unable to use AC21 and if your company/future position goes under (or the company's financial situation blocks the I-140) then you're out of luck. Kinda like the problem with using Consular Processing I guess...

Note also, that even if you get the green card (I-485 approved), you probably can't leave the sponsoring company for 6-12 months without risking the USCIS interpreting this as fraud.

ETA

Originally posted by rock1
So whats the theory on this one people :) ...IS it cause pdwantgc didnt apply for EAD concrrently they processed this cause faster?? cause his ND is 10/16/03 ! he didnt get an RFE ..so i wonder if there is connection....anyway congrats !!

good to know oct cases are being touched..:)

There's a non-zero chance that the VSC is simply starting to get to these cases. The last "official" processing date on the VSC for EB3 I-140's was 08/06. It had jumped 81 days since the previous update (14 days earlier). This is probably very optimistic, but if this jumps another 81 days before the next update (in early May), they'd be well into October on average (with maybe some cases in November / December being processed).

Probably just wishful thinking on my part (ND 10/23/03) :D

ETA

The problem is that I have been waiting already for 3 years (applied for LC 3years ago), and the tought that I am probably only halfway through drives me crazy. Not to mention the tought that I may not be as close to AC21 as I expected.
The amount of uncertainty and speculation that the new regulations are bringing is just ridiculous.

Originally posted by ETA-GC
Seems to me that unless you want to leave the position for which the I-140 was done and do a job that is different from the one on the LC (which would require the green card), then there's nothing wrong with having to wait for the I-485.

If your current position is stable, no problem -- you'll eventually get the 485.

If you switch to a more stable / better position (same job description), no problem -- you'll file AC21 and eventually get the 485.

On the other hand, if you don't get the I-140 and you have to wait, say, another 6+ months to get it and the I-485 together, you will be unable to use AC21 and if your company/future position goes under (or the company's financial situation blocks the I-140) then you're out of luck. Kinda like the problem with using Consular Processing I guess...

Note also, that even if you get the green card (I-485 approved), you probably can't leave the sponsoring company for 6-12 months without risking the USCIS interpreting this as fraud.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator: