140 and 485 after perm labor approval

GCEAD04

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm applying for perm labor under eb 2 category next month.If i get approval i want to apply for 140 and 485 after 2 years since i'm not yet married.So if i apply for 140 and 485 after 2 years how long will it take for them to get approved as the priority date for my labor will be july 2005.Can any
one tell me how this dates will work for my situattion incase of retrogession.

Thanks,
GCEAD04

why don't you apply for I-140 right away? At least you can extend in 3 year increments upon approval and if retrogressed.

Once you are married, then file I-485.

GCEAD04 said:
Hi,

I'm applying for perm labor under eb 2 category next month.If i get approval i want to apply for 140 and 485 after 2 years since i'm not yet married.So if i apply for 140 and 485 after 2 years how long will it take for them to get approved as the priority date for my labor will be july 2005.Can any

Thanks,
GCEAD04

GCEAD04 said:
Hi,

Thanks,
GCEAD04

Which service center are yo applying your I 485?

If it is CA, lucky processing Apr 1, 2005

If it is Nebraska, processing I 140 Dec 1, 2003, and I 485 July 1, 2003

GCEAD04 said:
Hi,

Thanks,
GCEAD04

hi..Just want to confirm that can we wait for months once we get our PERM Approval for I140 and I485...Bcos i am unmarried and my employer said its better not to put gap between PERM and (I140 and 1485)..So I am waiting for another 2-3 months for PERM research and then file it...

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm filing 140 and 485 to vermont center.I spoke to my lawyer and she says that i can wait for 2 years after my labor is approved and file the 485 once i get married.But i want to know if the dates are retrogressed how will it work?i'll be filing labor in july 05.suppose if it gets approved by the end of oct 05 under perm in eb2 category.then wat will be my priority date(july 05 or oct 05)?If july 05 is my priority date and suppose i file my 140 and 485 after 2 years in july 07.But in mean time if the eb2 dates get retrogressed then what impact its going to have on my application?do i need to wait till my priority date gets current?

485 dates for vermont center are aug 2004.So if i plan to apply after 2 years how long its going to take for 485 approval?

Thanks,
GCEAD04

u may want to keep a watch for a new ruling that may come up....it basically calls for labor to be used for the next stage within 45 days.....this is to put an end to the labor substitution market

Interesting...
the Yates memo of 5/12/05 states that even labor more than a year old can be used for extension and there's is no 'need' to immediately file I-140 after receiving it. It may change though soon as ooo_gc pointed out.

ooo_gc said:
u may want to keep a watch for a new ruling that may come up....it basically calls for labor to be used for the next stage within 45 days.....this is to put an end to the labor substitution market