140 + 485 Concurrent filing issues

NeedItNow

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am new to the forum and I really appreciate all the efforts you guys are putting to keep every body informed and offering invaluable guidence in resolving the issues. So here is my question.

My company's headquarter is in NJ and they have a branch office in Chicago, Illionois. I recently got my labor certified from Illionois. I am currently working in NJ. Now is it possible for my employer to file my 140 from Nabraska and concurrently file 485 from Vermont. I am obviously trying to save a couple of months, but will there be any other implication of it. Do you guys really that it would really save me a couple of months.

Appreciate any response....

I am new to the forum and I really appreciate all the efforts you guys are putting to keep every body informed and offering invaluable guidance in resolving the issues. So here is my question.

My company's headquarter is in NJ and they have a branch office in Chicago, Illinois. I recently got my labor certified from Illinois. I am currently working in NJ. Now is it possible for my employer to file my 140 from Nebraska and concurrently file 485 from Vermont.
You have 2 options:
1 file I-140, I-485, EAD AP concurrently with Nebraska, in this scenario you will have early PD of I-485 filing, you can not file I-140 with NSC and I-485 with VSC concurrently. Concurrent filing is when you file I-140 and I-485 with same service center at same time
2 let the employer file I-140 with Nebraska, once I-140 gets approved (7-8months) then you can file I-485 with VSC as you are residing under VSC in NJ

I am obviously trying to save a couple of months, but will there be any other implication of it. Do you guys really that it would really save me a couple of months.

* *I will file I-140, I-485, EAD AP with Nebraska AND will maintain H1 status till the date my I-140 is not approved, will NOT use EAD till the date I-140 is not approved. If you complete 6 year H1 then you can also apply 7th year H1 extension once you receive filling receipts of I-140 or I-485

I live in NJ. Can I still file 485 from Nebraska? NJ is under VSC

---- YES, File concurrent I-140, I-485, EAD and AP with Nebraska; you will get early PD for I-485.

**try to be on H1 status till the date your I-140 is not approved and dont use EAD.

Thanks for the response. From this discussion, what I understood is that my employer can file 140 + 485 from Nabraska Service Center, even though I live and work in NJ (NJ is under Vermont Service Center).

Can you please point me to any official document or publish any link about this. My employer and attorney both are not ready to file the application from Nabraska. They want to file it only from Vermont. They told me that If I can come up with any official document, only then he would file it from Nabraska.

Gurus, Please help me out here !!!

Thanks.

My employer and attorney both are not ready to file the application from Nebraska
----------- Follow the advise of your attorney you are paying him he will give you link to law as he has all the immigration law books and charges for the services.