135 and counting

Largolargo

Registered Users (C)
What's the average time for a case like mine?

I am getting frustated, every day I check my case status, with no new LUD's, last one i had was 05.21.2007 as you can see in my signature.

What to do?

135 days = 4 months, 13 days

Same situation...

Hey Largolargo,
I'm in the same situation and our timelines are very similar. I think there are many others like us. Hopefully something comes through soon! I did have an update on 7/11 (130 approval) and one on 7/14. I made an infopass to inquire about the 7/14 update. They said it was for my fingerprints. No information about name check.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Largolargo,
I'm in the same situation and our time lines are very similar. I think there are many others like us. Hopefully something comes through soon! I did have an update on 7/11 (130 approval) and one on 7/14. I made an infopass to inquire about the 7/14 update. They said it was for my fingerprints. No information about name check.

Good luck!

Same to you. I just worry when I read about people with later PD's than us, but like everybody says there is no true guidelines, USCIS is very unpredictable.

Like LucyMO mentioned, they way I look at it, in the scheme of things 4 or 5 months isn't so bad. Its just that when you see so many people around you get it really soon, it makes you wonder why you havent gotten yours.

I'll start panicking after 8 months have passed :), but I'm still going to start sending letters to my DO and possibly other places. My IO told me to write to him if I dont hear anything in 60 days, which is coming up.

You are right.

and it's been only 4 months, and you already want progress on your case?

You are right, I shouldn't be complaining, I already have many things i didn't have before I started this process, My EAD card came quickly, I have my SSN, ID and DL.
I was just hoping to go back to my homecountry for X-mas after 17 years without seen my mother, brother and sisters

You are right, I shouldn't be complaining, I already have many things i didn't have before I started this process, My EAD card came quickly, I have my SSN, ID and DL.
I was just hoping to go back to my homecountry for X-mas after 17 years without seen my mother, brother and sisters

Why not apply for I-131 Advance Parole Document? You should be able to travel for as long as you did not overstay more than 180 days. :rolleyes:

Praetorian gave you a smart idea! You are lucky you can apply for the advance parole I-131, and you will make it for december. Good luck..

I dont even got the work permit yet! waiting for the I-130 to get approved in order to start applying.

Why not apply for I-131 Advance Parole Document? You should be able to travel for as long as you did not overstay more than 180 days. :rolleyes:

I don't know about AP... something here doesn't sound right:
either she spent some of this time abroad, or it's the longest record of a legal stay in the US that I have heard of.

I don't know about AP... something here doesn't sound right:
either she spent some of this time abroad, or it's the longest record of a legal stay in the US that I have heard of.

Wow. 17 years... I missed that somehow :eek:

Yup, forget my advice. Do not leave until you receive your Green Card. (Which is not green bytheway ;))