10 year green card, process time 5 months

ejmm

Registered Users (C)
First of all, I want to thank you all for your help. I used to ask some question about my receipt here and got a lot of useful answers and support. A couple days ago, I got my greencard.

I filed around Jan 12 2009. biometrics notice at the end of jan. But I never got my receipt ( a year extention). we called them a few times and finally got the receipt end of May.

They issued my green card on June 13, 2009, which only took 5 months. Now I don't have to mess around with INS for a while, that was a big relief.

Personally we think that our daughter's birth certificate played a big role in it. We didn't go through any interview or any other troubles(Its amazing after all the troubles we went through before). Thank you all again and wish everybody biggest luck.
:)

btw , we went through I751, VERMONT CENTER

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I want to thank you all for your help. I used to ask some question about my receipt here and got a lot of useful answers and support. A couple days ago, I got my greencard.

I filed around Jan 12 2009. biometrics notice at the end of jan. But I never got my receipt ( a year extention). we called them a few times and finally got the receipt end of May.

They issued my green card on June 13, 2009, which only took 5 months. Now I don't have to mess around with INS for a while, that was a big relief.

Personally we think that our daughter's birth certificate played a big role in it. We didn't go through any interview or any other troubles(Its amazing after all the troubles we went through before). Thank you all again and wish everybody biggest luck.
:)

btw , we went through I751, VERMONT CENTER

5 months here to from VSC....Same date as you on GC, 06-13-09