10 Year bar. Can i get back with EU Passport?

ale_k300

Hi, in 2002 i entered to the US as a tourist with 6 months stamped on my passport. After a few months of just trying out to be a bowler and not succeed i decided to get a job in a bowling company where i had many friends. At 5 months into my trip the company had an attorney working on my case to try to in some way pass me to a legal status. I got an extension on my stay, but my attorney vanished, and was for the company and me impossible to find him. So me been stupid and the company been a little careless about the matter we did nothing about it. at the end of 2005 because of family problems i decided to leave the US. I came back to my country and decided to go apply for a visa again ( mine was expired ) and i got the 10 year bar ( i was 100% sure i was gonna get it, but had to try anyways ). I tried to explain to the consular officer that my extension was never finished and i have been told that as long as it wasn't approved or denied i could stay but they told me that it wasn't true and gave me the 10 year bar.
Now here is my question, I entered and left the US, and reapplied for the visa with my Argentinean passport. At this point I'm able because of my grandpa to get a European union passport, and as i know EU Passports dont need VISAS, so here it my question. Will i be able to enter the states with an EU passport, or will i get to the airport and they will throw me back on a plane because of the bar?

Thanks for any help on this matter.
Alex

You are not eligible to use the visa waiver program if you've every had a visa canceled or been denied one. Therefore, you have to apply for a visa and you will again be denied. It is possible that if you tried to use the new on-line pre-registration system for VWP travel you would get away with it but I suspect the name and DOB match to your old record would trigger a further check that would catch you.

You are not eligible to use the visa waiver program if you've every had a visa canceled or been denied one. Therefore, you have to apply for a visa and you will again be denied. It is possible that if you tried to use the new on-line pre-registration system for VWP travel you would get away with it but I suspect the name and DOB match to your old record would trigger a further check that would catch you.

It doesnt matter that my denied visa is on my Argentinean Passport, and that i will be trying on a complete different passport from a complete different country? still on that case im not elegible for waiver?

Thanks again.
Alex

PS: I Hate the matter that i didn't find this forum 4 years ago!!!

Don't try any form of trickery. When you apply for a visa if you answered everything truthfully, it will stand out that you are inadmissible. The only thing that I can think that you might can try is to get a non-immigrant visa waiver. Not the Green Card waiver of inadmissibility. There is one for non immigrant visa that's easier to get. It will allow you to visit, but not to stay.

maybe is too late but my advise for you is to travel with your new passport -it wont be a problem ( many people travel like that) -they got banned on one passport but use EU passports to enter US with no problem later on -especialy people from Argentina since they can get Italian ,UK ,French or Spanish passport and usualy ( in Spanish passport) they cite full fathers name(s) with passport holders name or in French passport mothers name first name !!-gets added as middle name so its "confuses "whole immigration system in the US-of course if they ask you if ever been or denied visa for the US you have to come clean but it seldom happens since simply nothing "shows " on the their comps.this is of course regarding visitors so called "visa waiver" for immigration visa I would not advise any "trickery" also since you need some paper work to suport your visa aplication and all of yours is from Argentina

Last edited by a moderator:
Your fingerprints will give you up, you will still need Special Permission from the Attorny General to re-enter. You have a bar, the bar doesn't care what name or passport you use.

It doesnt matter that my denied visa is on my Argentinean Passport, and that i will be trying on a complete different passport from a complete different country? still on that case im not elegible for waiver?

Thanks again.
Alex

PS: I Hate the matter that i didn't find this forum 4 years ago!!!