1-485 and I-765 filling questions

ty

Registered Users (C)
Sorry to bother you again. I have two filling questions about I-485 and I-765 forms:
1. In I-485 form, it ask " were you inspected by a U.S. immigration officer " I do not know the true meaning of inspected. When I entered USA, I do have my I-94 and visa inspected by an officer when I came out of the plan. Actuarially everyone did that. Does inspected mean that or mean people was inspected as non-illegal entry? Do I need answer yes or no to this question?

2. In I-765 form, 11 question asked:" have you ever before applied for employment authorization from INS?" I never applied EAD from INS but I did applied H-1B visa. Does H-1B include into employment authorization category? Should I answer this question as yes or no?

I am a trouble person. Sorry if these questions might bother you. and Thanks. ty

(1) Yes (2) No

1. Inspected is a losely used term for whether the INS official at the airport checked your documents were in order or not. So you should answer Yes.

2. EAD and H1 are separate and distinct step along the way to get the GC so yes you did apply for a H1 visa to work but Employement Authorization Documents is after your I-485 is processed. So answer is No.

thank you whizkid. another question: what is non-immigration visa number?

is it the control number on the visa(e.g. F-1) or the number on the visa with red color? Some said it is the number with red color and other said it should be control number. Any advise?ty